• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Don't join someone else's game if you can't beat the monster yourself.

User Info: ChibiSoma

ChibiSoma
4 weeks ago#1
No, seriously. Do not use a 4-player game to learn the monster. Learn him on your own god damn time and stop ruining runs for 3 other people. That isn't how this works, you clowns.

Starting to think Shara is the regular-MH-monster equivalent of Behemoth, because people seem to be too stupid to be able to kill either of them. And with Shara it's extra baffling. He does no damage in phase 1, and in phase 2 everything is ridiculously telegraphed. Literally the only difficulty in that fight is artificial. If the quicksand wasn't there, it would never hit you with anything. But apparently randoms don't think to roll or, y'know... wear good armor or... upgrade it or... bring defensive items.

...Because I've yet to beat this boring slog of a fight. Starting to think sending up a Flare is the wrong solution. If I'm gonna have a 40-minute battle, may as well make the losses come from timing out rather than some idiot biffing it multiple times. f***in'... wait for the monster to do an attack not aimed at you and then use your items, god damn it. Don't do it while he's focused on you. You'd think people would have learned this by the final boss fight, but you'd be wrong.

Never underestimate the stupidity of randoms.

Learn fights solo. Go in expecting to lose. Or go in with 10 regular and 10 Mega potions and then keep doing that until you can beat the monster (or at least time out or whatever) without going through all of them. Then join other peoples' games... and proceed to scream with the rest of us because no one else put in the effort to god damn learn how to play.

User Info: DespondentDeity

DespondentDeity
4 weeks ago#2
I only got my first clear last night after I switched to a dedicated Wide Range healing set with Free Meal 3 and Speed Eating. I should have probably done it solo first but I figured others would need help too. I got some good attack rotations in but healing let the others just go ham and we cleared in about 27 minutes.

I also used a similar setup to farm Behemoth lol.
http://i.imgur.com/8DBAEJJ.gif | http://i.imgur.com/U2ZWTrH.gif
Tell karma I love her, been a real good motherf***er

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
4 weeks ago#3
ChibiSoma posted...
No, seriously. Do not use a 4-player game to learn the monster. Learn him on your own god damn time and stop ruining runs for 3 other people. That isn't how this works, you clowns.

Starting to think Shara is the regular-MH-monster equivalent of Behemoth, because people seem to be too stupid to be able to kill either of them. And with Shara it's extra baffling. He does no damage in phase 1, and in phase 2 everything is ridiculously telegraphed. Literally the only difficulty in that fight is artificial. If the quicksand wasn't there, it would never hit you with anything. But apparently randoms don't think to roll or, y'know... wear good armor or... upgrade it or... bring defensive items.

...Because I've yet to beat this boring slog of a fight. Starting to think sending up a Flare is the wrong solution. If I'm gonna have a 40-minute battle, may as well make the losses come from timing out rather than some idiot biffing it multiple times. f***in'... wait for the monster to do an attack not aimed at you and then use your items, god damn it. Don't do it while he's focused on you. You'd think people would have learned this by the final boss fight, but you'd be wrong.

Never underestimate the stupidity of randoms.

Learn fights solo. Go in expecting to lose. Or go in with 10 regular and 10 Mega potions and then keep doing that until you can beat the monster (or at least time out or whatever) without going through all of them. Then join other peoples' games... and proceed to scream with the rest of us because no one else put in the effort to god damn learn how to play.

Dead.
Terenigma on Monster hunter 3U
Terenigma on Monster hunter 4U

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
4 weeks ago#4
Hate to tell you this TC, but most randoms learn monsters while playing with other players.

Either you learn to be patient or you solo everything because it's more or less always been like that.
Purification in progress...
https://i.imgur.com/8Zp8mR4.png

User Info: PkmnTrnrMikeVik

PkmnTrnrMikeVik
4 weeks ago#5
Translation: Randoms stop wasting my carts while people carry me because I need those carts.

User Info: Solid_Seb

Solid_Seb
4 weeks ago#6
Lol that sucks. But yea, you'll probably have to solo it. I tried to multiplayer it at first too but had too many failures.

User Info: UragaanaDie

UragaanaDie
4 weeks ago#7
I beat it solo first, took 40 mins because I was trying to hit the head and never crashed it into the walls. Big mistake, also blast damage drops off a lot after the first phase and I didn't think to bring a farcaster.

If you want something done do not send the flare, if you're not fussed and looking for a fun hunt then go ahead but you can't do it with any expectations of guaranteed success.
And be worn by Radobaan!

User Info: CheaterMcCheat

CheaterMcCheat
4 weeks ago#8
I solo'd it as I had done everything else solo up to it and wanted to finish it the way I started. I'm now jumping into Multiplayer and I've joined some of these Shara hunts to try help people but it's difficult to keep people alive who don't have a clue.

To anyone struggling, just slot Mirewalker. Stun resist if you need it I guess, but Mirewalker negates his sand slow.

When I solo'd him, my Palico was using Shieldspire and the Shieldspire Stooge held his attention long enough for me to get four SAED's off for free, it's a fantastic gadget.

I can try help if you want, my psn is CheaterMcCheat

User Info: ToastedSal

ToastedSal
4 weeks ago#9
Yo TC, if you can beat it solo, then do it solo, stop sending flares if you have an issue with randoms.
FC: 3840-7122-7466
P4Ultimax: Adachi, Yosuke, Sho/Smash WiiU: Villager/Pacman

User Info: mikssimi

mikssimi
4 weeks ago#10
Telling people to solo something first when you've never solo it yourself. What a time to be alive
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Don't join someone else's game if you can't beat the monster yourself.
  • Topic Archived