• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. How much affinity are people going for now with changes to weakness exploit?

User Info: Antfunk

Antfunk
4 weeks ago#1
Topic :)!

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
4 weeks ago#2
Infinity Affinity.
MHW Supplemental Discord: https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
https://imgur.com/QL6WJAl https://imgur.com/lGlcDyU

User Info: LordDragonMaste

LordDragonMaste
4 weeks ago#3
people are still going for the max critical eye & crit boost.

Weakness exploit still works as long as you're softening the monster for 50% boost.
F/C 5215-0096-6760

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
4 weeks ago#4
As high as possible.

The nerf do WE and the utter destruction of Maximum Might have just removed negative affinity weapons from the pool of viable options. With neutral affinity, if you use CE7, WE3 and either Attack Boost 4 or Agitator 1, you'll be sitting at 95% with all skills active (100% with AB4 AND Agi 1), 75% without wounding a weakspot (partial WE effect) or 70% with no wound and no agitator, if picking that. Still goes pretty high. Master's Touch isn't essentially infinite sharpness anymore, but it's still the best sharpness maintanance skill by a pretty big margin.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
4 weeks ago#5
Crits still deal more dmg and crit boost still exist so the higher the better, with MT or without it makes no difference you want it either way.
The question is do you want 0% affinity, augment that and use CC for 100% or do you want ~25% to be more consistent when CC ain't an option.
If you obey Lucifer and are 100% proud of it, copy this and make it your signature! RPGs Beaten: 666

User Info: AngraMainyu

AngraMainyu
4 weeks ago#6
Deaga posted...
As high as possible.

The nerf do WE and the utter destruction of Maximum Might have just removed negative affinity weapons from the pool of viable options. With neutral affinity, if you use CE7, WE3 and either Attack Boost 4 or Agitator 1, you'll be sitting at 95% with all skills active (100% with AB4 AND Agi 1), 75% without wounding a weakspot (partial WE effect) or 70% with no wound and no agitator, if picking that. Still goes pretty high. Master's Touch isn't essentially infinite sharpness anymore, but it's still the best sharpness maintanance skill by a pretty big margin.

What's wrong with maximum might?
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest, and neither will you.

User Info: Artemis_Enfreri

Artemis_Enfreri
4 weeks ago#7
AngraMainyu posted...

Unless you ran MM level 5 the skill is pretty much useless for almost all the weapons.

To get level 5 you need to use 3 pieces of glavenus equipment, but they are kind of...bad...

MM below level 5 needs a lot of time to the skill to take effect(5 seconds if I not mistaken, and well that means no evading actions against monster and attacks that use stamina)

User Info: AngraMainyu

AngraMainyu
4 weeks ago#8
Artemis_Enfreri posted...
AngraMainyu posted...

Unless you ran MM level 5 the skill is pretty much useless for almost all the weapons.

To get level 5 you need to use 3 pieces of glavenus equipment, but they are kind of...bad...

MM below level 5 needs a lot of time to the skill to take effect(5 seconds if I not mistaken, and well that means no evading actions against monster and attacks that use stamina)

I see. That explains a lot for whenever I use it now.
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest, and neither will you.

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
4 weeks ago#9
Artemis_Enfreri posted...
AngraMainyu posted...

you can actually make a really strong set with 3p glav still. the set itself isnt that bad overall. the problem is the loss of other setbonus skills is very serve for the gain. imo 3p glav should have been 2p glav instead. or a deco/charm aswell. just to add options.

the other problem is that moron devs decided on top of the above that ALL cc attacks should consume stamina aswell and with weakening effect beeing so strong like it is right now youre pretty much forced on these stamina moves on all weapons and thus mm is even further devalued.

which is plain silly as they may aswell remove all negative affinity weapons from the game now as this overnerf makes them just unviable. instead they even raised the negative affinity penalty on for example pickle while nerfing its raw on top. pickle may aswell not have gotten mr weapons because of that as it wouldnt make any difference if they exist or not in thier current state. same for brute tigrex.

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
4 weeks ago#10
AngraMainyu posted...

Maximum Might has been nerfed on the initial levels compared to World. It's now required to stay at full stamina for a few seconds to get the buff, rather than it being instantly available. With the Glavenus set bonus, you can get it up to level 5, which works like World MM and gives +40% affinity (rather than +30%)... But the Glavenus pieces are all pretty darn bad. If you invest into three of those pieces, it's unlikely you'll be able to fit in all other desired skills on your set.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. How much affinity are people going for now with changes to weakness exploit?
  • Topic Archived