• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What barrel to use on Garuga LBG with no Ballistics deco?

User Info: AetherShadow

AetherShadow
3 weeks ago#1
I'm using the Garuga LBG with Pierce Shot 2, Artillery 3, and the Nargacuga 3 Piece bonus but I lack a Ballistics deco and it feels like the critical distance for Pierce RF is pretty strict when soloing monsters. How useful are both of the barrel mods and which should I use thanks to lacking that deco?

User Info: saxrohmer

saxrohmer
3 weeks ago#2
I havent made that gun yet(still using vaal lbg), but im in the same boat as you(no balliatics deco yet). I would wager power barrel for its dual utility to stickies and pierce. It shortens pierce proc distance, which is never bad, and it also boosts sticky impact power. I think long barrel just raises the maximum crit distance and does nothing for closer range combat.
Five, Seven. Good children get nothing.

saxrohmer
3 weeks ago#3
I've tested the power barrel on the pole with the glacia(legiana p3 hbg), and its definitely the winner there.

User Info: kah

kah
3 weeks ago#4
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there a quest for a ballistics Charm? You could run that until you find the decorations. Also, you should look into going full artillery mode (Zorah 3 piece) and rapid sticky with either the Garuga or savage Jho LBG.

User Info: AetherShadow

AetherShadow
3 weeks ago#5
kah posted...
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there a quest for a ballistics Charm? You could run that until you find the decorations. Also, you should look into going full artillery mode (Zorah 3 piece) and rapid sticky with either the Garuga or savage Jho LBG.

It feels like in theory Spare Shot should increase your DPS over the hunt's duration, but I should test Artillery 5 at some point.

saxrohmer posted...
It shortens pierce proc distance, which is never bad, and it also boosts sticky impact power.

Huh Power Barrel lets you get Pierce crit distance closer? That sounds like a winner to me, tho I didn't notice the difference on critical distance when I tested it.

User Info: kah

kah
3 weeks ago#6
I think with the Garuga LBG and Artillery 5 the stickies volley does around 80/40. You can KO monsters well over half a dozen times, which is great in multiplayer. Also good on that obnoxious Kirin.

saxrohmer
3 weeks ago#7
AetherShadow posted...
kah posted...

It feels like in theory Spare Shot should increase your DPS over the hunt's duration, but I should test Artillery 5 at some point.

saxrohmer posted...
It shortens pierce proc distance, which is never bad, and it also boosts sticky impact power.

Huh Power Barrel lets you get Pierce crit distance closer? That sounds like a winner to me, tho I didn't notice the difference on critical distance when I tested it.

Not crit distance: that is ballistics. Power barrel makes the procs(damage ticks) on pierce ammo closer together. I would never run a pierce gun without it. You can test it on the training pole to verify it.

saxrohmer
3 weeks ago#8
kah posted...
I think with the Garuga LBG and Artillery 5 the stickies volley does around 80/40. You can KO monsters well over half a dozen times, which is great in multiplayer. Also good on that obnoxious Kirin.

100% this for kirin. I've gone through ALL the kirins in vanilla World with sticky or slicing(vaal lbg), without any difficulty by just applying the stickies to his head and ignoring other ammo options. It trivializes his shield and it allows you to keep moving out of his lightening strike spots with ease.

Just knock him down then wyvernfire or cluster spam(hbg) or drop wyvernblastson his head and melee them(lbg). Easy peasy puddin pie.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What barrel to use on Garuga LBG with no Ballistics deco?
  • Topic Archived