• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. best endgame hammer and gems to go after?

User Info: demonardvark

demonardvark
3 weeks ago#1
so just hit guiding lands and re-fell in love with the hammer after seeing the new clutch stuff with it. so what are the good end game hammers and what abilities/gems should i be looking for?
"historical accuracy?!" well im pretty sure medics could inject soldiers with "bullet be gone" in WW2 - zerobobo

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
3 weeks ago#2
God Hand (Shara's I just call it this).

Teo B
Brute B
Teo B
TeoB
Garuga B
Handicraft 3 right now but with 4 you have a free level 4 left over (if you only have handicraft 3 slot in a gem to get to 5).
Gamertag: Nuke2099

demonardvark
3 weeks ago#3
nuke2099 posted...
God Hand (Shara's I just call it this).

Teo B
Brute B
Teo B
TeoB
Garuga B
Handicraft 3 right now but with 4 you have a free level 4 left over (if you only have handicraft 3 slot in a gem to get to 5).

great thanks :D
"historical accuracy?!" well im pretty sure medics could inject soldiers with "bullet be gone" in WW2 - zerobobo

User Info: didierre

didierre
3 weeks ago#4
Play with Shara hammer and the set he recommended till you get access to Ruiner Nergigante's hammer then make this instead:

Rathalos B+
Kirin A+ (Brute B+ also works)
Ruiner Nerg B+
Ruiner Nerg A+
Garuga B+

Earplug lvl 4 charm

Attack Up lvl7
Critical Eye lvl7
WE lvl3
CB lvl3
Agitator lvl2
Earplugs lvl5

You can replace the earplug charm with something else if you play other weapons, you also have 3 lvl1 slots to gem in whatever you want like effluvium resistance against Vaal for example without losing any level from the skills above.

Something to note: You still need WE and CB decorations for this from base MHW but I assume you already have these.

demonardvark
3 weeks ago#5
didierre posted...
Play with Shara hammer and the set he recommended till you get access to Ruiner Nergigante's hammer then make this instead:

Rathalos B+
Kirin A+ (Brute B+ also works)
Ruiner Nerg B+
Ruiner Nerg A+
Garuga B+

Earplug lvl 4 charm

Attack Up lvl7
Critical Eye lvl7
WE lvl3
CB lvl3
Agitator lvl2
Earplugs lvl5

You can replace the earplug charm with something else if you play other weapons, you also have 3 lvl1 slots to gem in whatever you want like effluvium resistance against Vaal for example without losing any level from the skills above.

Something to note: You still need WE and CB decorations for this from base MHW but I assume you already have these.

thanks for the build and yeah have all the deco's for it :)

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 weeks ago#6
Wouldn’t acidic glavenus’s work best with handicraft 5 and master’s touch?

no earplugs, but it’s the strongest set of stats on a hammer.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Igueseous

Igueseous
3 weeks ago#7
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Wouldn’t acidic glavenus’s work best with handicraft 5 and master’s touch?

no earplugs, but it’s the strongest set of stats on a hammer.
It's good but 10 hits of purple is a case of feelsbadman. If you do the slide attack at all you lose it super quick unless you slot in slider.

It might just be better even in white tho. I've used both a lot and theres basically no difference in times.

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
3 weeks ago#8
I'd use Shara all the same, just to kill monsters with head pats.
Got a minute? You might learn something.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 weeks ago#9
Igueseous posted...
It's good but 10 hits of purple is a case of feelsbadman. If you do the slide attack at all you lose it super quick unless you slot in slider.

It might just be better even in white tho. I've used both a lot and theres basically no difference in times.
It’s basically like acid glav’s HH. It has the best potential dps, and even in white maintains a good amount of dps.

All said, nerg will be an extremely easy hammer to maintain, and doesn’t necessarily need MT and definitely not handi 5. Acid glav is basically just the diablos shatterer 2 of Iceborne, and with much better affinity too.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
3 weeks ago#10
Think Ruiner Nergi hammer is basically Rustrazor aka sharpness for days

Either way any of these hammers look well with Pickles chest + Garuga's panties
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. best endgame hammer and gems to go after?
  • Topic Archived