• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Crit Draw Element GS might be a thing.

User Info: Hayoam

Hayoam
4 weeks ago#11
I already did this but not elemental, I used the Tigrex sword, I'm gonna try elemental builds to see if it performs better today.
"The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you ?"

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
4 weeks ago#12
I think someone did this but without element. Ruiner GS with frostcraft and crit draw focus was doing about 700-850 with no elemental weakness

User Info: king_wallace

king_wallace
4 weeks ago#13
At the very least, even if TCS is still optimal (which I am fairly confident that it is), the Crit draw play style is much, much easier to pull of and more forgiving for mistakes. I imagine the majority of hunters will see better returns running Frostcraft over a standard Crit set.
I was a chemist.

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
4 weeks ago#14
king_wallace posted...
At the very least, even if TCS is still optimal (which I am fairly confident that it is), the Crit draw play style is much, much easier to pull of and more forgiving for mistakes. I imagine the majority of hunters will see better returns running Frostcraft over a standard Crit set.

It also let's people used to old GS style play it without a huge loss in dps. I'm already looking forward to trying this out

User Info: FeatherrineAuAu

FeatherrineAuAu
4 weeks ago#15
crit draw GS is a very safe and effective playstyle. I find it a lot easier to use then lining up TCS. I'm using Anja for fire in the meantime, until I get to silver los anyway. Does beotodus have an ice GS? Also I think the only thunder GS is zinogre's. Rajang is coming but it'll probably have low element and negative affinity. Lol water.

what would be better for dragon, savage jho or blackveil? Nowhere near ruiner and probably won't be for many hours. I can work out the negative 30 affinity but blackveil can run all 3 crit boost decos easily.

User Info: MrFaceDude

MrFaceDude
4 weeks ago#16
While I do miss my Rocket Sword (And by god do I miss it), seeing all the different sets popping up is really cool.
Psn- tjmincemeat
Fugs still best UGS

User Info: tonytonez

tonytonez
4 weeks ago#17
I enjoy both styles depending on mood.

Crit Draw gives me that hit it and quit feel.

TCS encourages me to stay the course for that sexy thunderous payoff. The added particle effects release my inner demons.
Monster Hunter World: Nyte Terror
PSN: Nyte_Terror_360 | Dragons Dogma Pawn: Sylphina

User Info: volX

volX
4 weeks ago#18
FeatherrineAuAu posted...
crit draw GS is a very safe and effective playstyle. I find it a lot easier to use then lining up TCS. I'm using Anja for fire in the meantime, until I get to silver los anyway. Does beotodus have an ice GS? Also I think the only thunder GS is zinogre's. Rajang is coming but it'll probably have low element and negative affinity. Lol water.

what would be better for dragon, savage jho or blackveil? Nowhere near ruiner and probably won't be for many hours. I can work out the negative 30 affinity but blackveil can run all 3 crit boost decos easily.

Thunder also has kirin GS, but that looks pretty meh.

Fire also has glavenous, which has purple sharpness and neutral affinity.(also quite decent raw and element)

water only has pukey pukey or jagras with free element. Both lame, but pukey seems better.

ice is best on velkana GS I'd say.

dragon is difficult. Jho seems good but has bad affinity, shara needs free element and vaal has only white sharpness while the others have purple. Ruiner might beat them all, but I also don't have it yet...

I'd probably go with the vaal GS since it looks nice and is called "don monstro".

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
4 weeks ago#19
@_TSC_

Well?
Great job, Jeremy.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 weeks ago#20
volX posted...
FeatherrineAuAu posted...

Thunder also has kirin GS, but that looks pretty meh.

Fire also has glavenous, which has purple sharpness and neutral affinity.(also quite decent raw and element)

water only has pukey pukey or jagras with free element. Both lame, but pukey seems better.

ice is best on velkana GS I'd say.

dragon is difficult. Jho seems good but has bad affinity, shara needs free element and vaal has only white sharpness while the others have purple. Ruiner might beat them all, but I also don't have it yet...

I'd probably go with the vaal GS since it looks nice and is called "don monstro".

I looked at Shepard's stream for the other elemental sets and he was using Shara's GS with awakened element, Jagras with awakened element, Zinogre (I think) and fire with Silver Rath.

Edit: Just received confirmation from Shepard that the slot in the weapon isn't vital but it's nice.
Gamertag: Nuke2099
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Crit Draw Element GS might be a thing.
  • Topic Archived