• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunts taking too long PS not a noobie

User Info: JD Old No7

JD Old No7
4 weeks ago#81
LethalLala posted...
EmoBanger69 posted...
It shouldn't take 40+ mins for a hunt, let alone nightshade.

What weapons are you using? Are you using the clutch claw, flash pods? What's your build? What elements are your weapons?

I know you said you aren't noobs but be honest here... are you any good tho? What was your average Tempered or Arch Tempered hunt times before Iceborne?

I was running swaxe with attack 6, crit eye, fortify, crit eye 2. I dont remember my exact setup and my gf had attck 7, negate sleep, crit eye, handicraft 2 with dbs. I switched to bow (not very proficient but got the job done) that thing flies too much.

Ive just never felt such a spike in difficulty before. I'm no pro, but it usually takes me around 20-25 for a G-rank hunt in 3U, 4U, and GU.

Well it's not just you tc, hp values definitely did get buffed. I could solo (non-hyper) g-rank monsters in GU in about 10 minutes on average. Early MR was taling me more like 15 to 20 to even get monsters limping.

Then i got better at using the clutch claw and saw my times go down by like 5 minutes. It is very important that you use it to weaken parts when you get the chance. For Barioth you want to focus on it's front legs/wings since breaking those will make it slide as it jumps, but you will also get frequent trips (this is EXTREMELY effective vs tigrex as well btw). When the monster is tripped one of you (whichever is using a heavy weapon) should clutch and wound and then both of you should attack that part.

Also, keep an eye out for the new clutch stagger state where the monster stands still while drooling. That's your cue to clutch as they will let you wound them as long as you clutch onto them before the animations ends (which lasts something like 5 seconds). Just attacking them during this state will make it wear off quickly though.

Don't just clutch willy nilly though. Wait for the right opportunity. When the monster is downed, staggered, or tired. If you are having problems finding a spot to do it then the temporal and rocksteady mantles are basically free clutch claw opportunities.

Another important thing is to ram them into walls by unloading your slinger ammo on their face by pressing R3. You can only do this while not enraged. Look at the monster icon on the mini map, if the eye below it is yellow then you can ram them, if it's red then they are enraged and you can't.

Lastly, get better skills. Attack boosts sucks. Get weakness exploit 3 first and foremost. And some crit boost if you can manage it. The rest of the skills can be quality of life, defensive, or crit eye for more affinity (affinity > attack).
Tennessee Whiskey

User Info: Man_the_kraut

Man_the_kraut
4 weeks ago#82
Terenigma posted...
But my point and this topic's point is that good players are probably used to under 10min hunts and bad players are probably used to maybe 30min hunts but it doesn't matter if you are good or bad, both types of players are experiencing inflated HP and longer hunt times. It's such a cheap way to make a game harder to just add HP and that's what they've done and OP doesn't like it and neither do i.

The game doesn't feel balanced or rewarding in it's current state because you could be wailing on a monster the whole time and get nowhere. Its ironic that an already grind-heavy game is now even more grindy due to artificial difficulty. Ain't nobody got time for that.

You get more damage to counter more hp tho. The cold fact is that a lot of players are pulling sub 10 on everything.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#83
valikkster posted...
Rock drop is approximately 5% right?

Who cares? That is irrelevant at the moment. What matters is the percent chance between the rock drop values.

Take the MR one and subtract the high rank one. Take the answer you get, and divide it by the original HR value. Now multiply that by 100 to get the percentage.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Ragnarider

Ragnarider
4 weeks ago#84
welcome to g rank

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
4 weeks ago#85
Rhiethreal posted...
Who cares? That is irrelevant at the moment. What matters is the percent chance between the rock drop values.

Take the MR one and subtract the high rank one. Take the answer you get, and divide it by the original HR value. Now multiply that by 100 to get the percentage.

Right, 8x, like I said.

Dunno why you're being a dick lol, but ok. Guess we're done.

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
4 weeks ago#86
Like I said before if it takes you 25+ minutes to take down a monster there's improvement to be made for sure, doesn't matter what MonHun game
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#87
valikkster posted...
Rhiethreal posted...

Right, 8x, like I said.

Dunno why you're being a dick lol, but ok. Guess we're done.

Dealing with too many people going off on wild goose chases had left me jaded. Now I react at the first sign of it.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
4 weeks ago#88
Rhiethreal posted...
Dealing with too many people going off on wild goose chases had left me jaded. Now I react at the first sign of it.

Well like I said, I'm gonna test it tonight to get a real figure. As it stands, just spitballing, it's looking like something around 8x.

I'll let you know.

User Info: Trigger Zero

Trigger Zero
4 weeks ago#89
In my experience once I got a relevant weapon and armor the "HP bloat" stopped being noticeable, to the point it felt equivalent to my experience with the original World, at least for now.
Such be all of humanity, a species clinging to hopes that reality be but a dream that they may wake from it in Heaven.

User Info: Pots_Togo

Pots_Togo
4 weeks ago#90
It's a defense buff thanks to clutch claw not bloated hp. Learn to clutch unfortunately
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunts taking too long PS not a noobie
  • Topic Archived