• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunts taking too long PS not a noobie

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#41
I'm not coming close to timing out, but I do feel like I am having to do excessive damage to get these things down.

Great Jagras took me 4:30 seconds of nothing but pumbling him. I'm thinking "why won't you just DIIIIIIEEEEEE?!"

For reference, I've killed every tempered elder from mhw faster than that. Some in half that time.

Barioth, took me 20+ min... I was still using all high rank gear, but still... that's a long hunt.

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
4 weeks ago#42
synklare posted...
Why are you wasting your time?

I'm fairly aware of who he is, doesn't mean his opinion, regardless of how wrong they may or may not be, should just be ignored.

If he was a troll who was attacking people or something I wouldn't bother, but the extent of his insults from what I've seen consist of directly or indirectly calling people bad, which again is just his opinion and not somethinf offensove enough as to just completely ingore him and dismiss any points he may have.

I mean first of thisnis gfaqs, send the who point of a message board oato share opinions and if he's doind rhat without hurting/attacking someone than it's still just as valid as any other random person's post.

Rhiethreal posted...
Temporal, RS, and Evasion are not. They actually speed up clear times significantly.

A "good" hunter knows when to dodge without needing Evasion or Temporal, Rocksteady's only speed benifit is Earplugs and Tremor Resist, which unless it changed, can also be avoided with "good" dodging.

Only mantles that could help a "good" hunter that couldn't be circumvented with "good" dodging are Impact and maybe that status boosting one.

Everything else is made irrelevant with "good" dodging skills, hell even thestatus resisting one would help more than others for the instances it may be optimal to stand in poison or sleep gas or by a toad not have to worry about losing out on DPS to non-ideal positioning. You can just stand wherever you want and attack/dodge away.

User Info: LethalLala

LethalLala
4 weeks ago#43
Oh i also quit world for awhile to play other games. But play GU every now and again. Havent fought any of the tempered monsters.

I wouldn't say im an expert but im good at the game. Decent enough to solo Atlal Kha in about 30ish mins.

User Info: shuma

shuma
4 weeks ago#44
EmoBanger69 posted...
synklare posted...
Why are you wasting your time?

I'm fairly aware of who he is, doesn't mean his opinion, regardless of how wrong they may or may not be, should just be ignored.

If he was a troll who was attacking people or something I wouldn't bother, but the extent of his insults from what I've seen consist of directly or indirectly calling people bad, which again is just his opinion and not somethinf offensove enough as to just completely ingore him and dismiss any points he may have.

I mean first of thisnis gfaqs, send the who point of a message board oato share opinions and if he's doind rhat without hurting/attacking someone than it's still just as valid as any other random person's post.

Rhiethreal posted...
Temporal, RS, and Evasion are not. They actually speed up clear times significantly.

A "good" hunter knows when to dodge without needing Evasion or Temporal, Rocksteady's only speed benifit is Earplugs and Tremor Resist, which unless it changed, can also be avoided with "good" dodging.

Only mantles that could help a "good" hunter that couldn't be circumvented with "good" dodging are Impact and maybe that status boosting one.

Everything else is made irrelevant with "good" dodging skills, hell even thestatus resisting one would help more than others for the instances it may be optimal to stand in poison or sleep gas or by a toad not have to worry about losing out on DPS to non-ideal positioning. You can just stand wherever you want and attack/dodge away.

But you literally get a damage boost when dodging with evasion mantle.

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
4 weeks ago#45
HP is increased greatly and more importantly your damage is less until you weaken a body part with clutch claw followed by triangle.

it is annoying in my opinion but nothing should take 40 in master rank. Maybe get the Hornetaur or viper kadachi weapon for the paralysis?

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
4 weeks ago#46
LethalLala posted...
Oh i also quit world for awhile to play other games. But play GU every now and again. Havent fought any of the tempered monsters.

I wouldn't say im an expert but im good at the game. Decent enough to solo Atlal Kha in about 30ish mins.

So you're just rusty af in world and probably not making good use of the clutch claw, problem solved.

User Info: SirDood18

SirDood18
4 weeks ago#47
fights are at a great length. You guys want things to die in less than 10 minutes again?
"Embrace your dreams, and... whatever happens, protect your honor... as SOLDIER!"

User Info: boomstickbhg

boomstickbhg
4 weeks ago#48
Good lord how did you time out? Those didn't take long with HR gear.
My pen is mightier.

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
4 weeks ago#49
The clutch claw mechanic doesn't double or triple your damage output. If they're timing out, the clutch claw isn't going to help.

User Info: Soapy_Papoose

Soapy_Papoose
4 weeks ago#50
XX and GU also had super moves and made you extremely OP.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunts taking too long PS not a noobie
  • Topic Archived