• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. how the hell do you get hornetaur wings?! 3 hours and NONE!

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
3 weeks ago#11
have you tried clutch clawing them? usually kills them without them exploding. Works with vespoids 90% of the time, should work with the horntaurs. might take a little longer though. That should make it easier once you are carving them in hte proper rank.
I like the cut of your jib.

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
3 weeks ago#12
... just poison them, guaranteed carve. Bombs or gun ammo are the most reliable source of inflicting it, alternatively a low powered bow with coatings.
FC: SW-2004-1995-0228
DD:DA Pawn: Lia. Vocation Strider. Pawn ID: F75A-85A8-87F2. Currently around Lvl 50. Hiring appreciated.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
3 weeks ago#13
TrueArchery posted...
... just poison them, guaranteed carve. Bombs or gun ammo are the most reliable source of inflicting it, alternatively a low powered bow with coatings.
I completely forgot about poison bombs. No one ever uses them. LOL
I like the cut of your jib.

User Info: DespondentDeity

DespondentDeity
3 weeks ago#14
Redpits also usually kill the insects in 2 shots and always leave a corpse.
http://i.imgur.com/8DBAEJJ.gif | http://i.imgur.com/U2ZWTrH.gif
Tell karma I love her, been a real good motherf***er

User Info: Gabe1

Gabe1
3 weeks ago#15
Wait until you need Gajau materials , lol
Rise up this mornin Smiled with the risin sun 3 little birds
Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true Sayin it is my message 2 you ou u

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
3 weeks ago#16
thetraveler posted...
TrueArchery posted...
I completely forgot about poison bombs. No one ever uses them. LOL

To be fair, if you have Entomologist, it's easier just to pick up a ranged weapon and shoot them from the sky, although crafting Poison Bombs is faster than crafting an Entomologist Charm III. It's just, the bugs are so erratic in their flight that they don't always get hit, and you can't carry more than 5 at a time I think, so I just put on a charm and go to town.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
3 weeks ago#17
DespondentDeity posted...

Clutch claw also does that, and it is always on you.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: WhiteGold

WhiteGold
3 weeks ago#18
Rhiethreal posted...
DespondentDeity posted...

Clutch claw also does that, and it is always on you.

Clutch Claw isn't 100% success rate
Your name may be WhiteGold, but your heart is blacker than coal - Musa--

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
3 weeks ago#19
Sirk posted...
To be fair, if you have Entomologist, it's easier just to pick up a ranged weapon and shoot them from the sky, although crafting Poison Bombs is faster than crafting an Entomologist Charm III. It's just, the bugs are so erratic in their flight that they don't always get hit, and you can't carry more than 5 at a time I think, so I just put on a charm and go to town.

you can just use decorations. seem common enough, got like more than enough to max it.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. how the hell do you get hornetaur wings?! 3 hours and NONE!
  • Topic Archived