• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lance is the worst weapon now.

User Info: nebula2

nebula2
3 weeks ago#31
#gitgud
PSN:Nebuladark, Switch FC:SW-0857-4415-9982,
3DS: FC:0774-5319-1816, ACNL:Nebula from Ygdrasil, MHGenU:Serenade, MHworld:Serenade.

User Info: JunDageki

JunDageki
3 weeks ago#32
TEzeon431 posted...
Lance "Guard" build people need to learn how to play the game for real

I'm glad they finally can't just guard their way through the game now, they actually have to git gud and stop being babied.

as stated in the OP, I main Hammer, which means ZERO guard. if you pick a lance then GUARD is the main role, it loses so much power to focus on guard. you telling Lance people to stop relying on guard is like telling a bow user to stop relying on arrows and "git gud" instead, which is extremely idiotic.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 weeks ago#33
JunDageki posted...
as stated in the OP, I main Hammer, which means ZERO guard. if you pick a lance then GUARD is the main role, it loses so much power to focus on guard. you telling Lance people to stop relying on guard is like telling a bow user to stop relying on arrows and "git gud" instead.
Not really. I mean, I’ll play a guard lance, but if you use it appropriately, lance’s evades and mobile blocks can sub in for a lot of blocking and keep you effective.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
3 weeks ago#34
well it requires more attention now then before, which is probably what they were going for, i mean everyone has to pay attention in a fight, i think the AoE attacks exist exactly for this, i mean they are annoying but they ain´t that big of a deal.

only BS is that Guard Up can´t block Jho´s pin and Sharas beam, srsly i grinded my ass of for that deco.
If you obey Lucifer and are 100% proud of it, copy this and make it your signature! RPGs Beaten: 666

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
3 weeks ago#35
nebula2 posted...
#gitgud

#no-u
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky
Wish I could flap wings and fly away

User Info: timber_jack

timber_jack
3 weeks ago#36
KingofDungPie posted...
Title is misleading. Hunting Horn has always been the worst weapon.

FTFY.

Don't confuse "worst" with "least used".
ASRock Z77 Extreme4;GeForce GTX 970 ; Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570CPU @ 3.40GHz

User Info: ZenTea

ZenTea
3 weeks ago#37
Lance has a completely new playstyle now due to CC/wounding and counter claw. Can’t play it like world anymore, this didn’t dawn on me until very recently. Once I finish the set I might make a video about it. It’s never gonna be DPS monster though, if that’s what you’re looking for
Final Fantasy - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC67YhUXxf253c2UpVjKD5qg Monster Hunter - https://www.youtube.com/c/Zentea

JunDageki
3 weeks ago#38
Button_Masher_Z posted...
JunDageki posted...
as stated in the OP, I main Hammer, which means ZERO guard. if you pick a lance then GUARD is the main role, it loses so much power to focus on guard. you telling Lance people to stop relying on guard is like telling a bow user to stop relying on arrows and "git gud" instead.
Not really. I mean, I’ll play a guard lance, but if you use it appropriately, lance’s evades and mobile blocks can sub in for a lot of blocking and keep you effective.

and i get that, i really do, i can do that, but it's still really bad at it, which is my point, Lances are struggling more at it's job to the point it loses the point, you might as well use something else and be more effective at basically everything that Lance does.

Let's take a quick look at Hammer now for example, it's job is to smash the head, apply stun and exhaust, so what did they do? they gave you tools that access the head even more, you can charge combo into claw and you can stun even more, and the risks are equally there.

With Lance they just made guard weaker.

JunDageki
3 weeks ago#39
timber_jack posted...
KingofDungPie posted...
Title is misleading. Hunting Horn has always been the worst weapon.

FTFY.

Don't confuse "worst" with "least used".

...are you serious? because that was extremely ironic.

User Info: Shinshoryuken1

Shinshoryuken1
3 weeks ago#40
I legitimately forgot blocking was a thing in this game. Pick another weapon I guess, almost everything can be dodged.
FF VII remake is finally coming.
There ain't no gettin offa this hype train we on!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Lance is the worst weapon now.
  • Topic Archived