• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What is update 10.12 about?

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#101
Sounds like you just expect the game to be super easy. And by all people have said defending Monster Hunter over the time I've been here, that isn't how the game works. The endgame is always a grind.

Even in HR we were given a grind, so I'm not sure why you are complaining now.

You had to go out and find Tempered tracks and if you were lucky you got an Investigation. But it was for a completely random monster. Even the ATs had this in that they were limited when they were available.

So honestly, why do you think MR was going to be any different and not a grind?

It's just now you go out an investigate to get Lures instead of Tempered Tracks. But from the sound of it, Lures are far easier to manage. Because you can gather from a specific group of enemies to get a lure for one from that group.

Rather than just finding T1, T2, or T3 tracks and getting something completely random, that randomly could be a great hunt with multiple monsters, has random reward boxes, random time limits, etc.

When with Lures, from the sound of it if you want a Flying Wyvern, you hunt flying wyvern tracks and fight flying wyverns.

Calling it a carrot on a stick is silly, regardless. Some players have fun just hunting. Others find it an achievement to tackle what the game throws at them and overcome it.

It honestly comes across as the "casual mentality". You want your instant gratification, without having to work for it at all. You expect the game to be dumbed down because of RL responsibilities you have, which to be honest, is entirely unreasonable.

All through World before Iceborne was released, I saw people complaining that World was way too easy and that the endgame wasn't enough. Now after Iceborne's release, the common theme seems to be the monsters take too long, and the endgame actually requires you to earn it, rather than being just one big speedrun of easy content.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
4 weeks ago#102
Deaga posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
It would be boring as hell if you could quickly and easily get the best monsters to make the best gear. After which, what exactly is the point? Where is the incentive to play?

Because the game is fun, maybe?

Needing to have a carrot on a stick is pretty much admitting that you don't find it fun. I already have a job to do things because I must, I play my videogames to have fun. Unfortunately, being punished for doing the fun stuff in the game (hunting monsters) isn't really fun.

and at this point i know you have no actual argument againist what he said.

"I PLAY VIDEOGAMES FOR FUN" is not an argument at all. it never was. why?

well here is a newsflash for you :

everyone does that. EVERYONE plays to have fun. that isnt a you only thing. and your idea of fun isnt everyones idea of fun as fun is by nature of it subjective.

youre literally telling him there that he doesnt have fun if it isnt like you do it which is one of the most stupid crap you can put out to begin with. when you try to use fun as an argument you have no argument as youre trying to use something purely subjective in an objective way. which is silly.

what someone enjoys or finds fun is hugely subjective. here is your catch : MAYBE JUST MAYBE. he enjoys chaseing after these carrots on the stick? did that tought ever occur to you? alot of players enjoy chaseing a reward in a videogame. otherwise rewards wouldnt even exist in the first place. alot of players ENJOY haveing incentives. if there is no incentive it gets boring for them. if you can enjoy your game without such incentives thats fine. but that simply doesnt apply to everyone.

User Info: harrymcc

harrymcc
4 weeks ago#103
Fastest method to change monsters in GL now?

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
4 weeks ago#104
windklinge posted...
and at this point i know you have no actual argument againist what he said.

"I PLAY VIDEOGAMES FOR FUN" is not an argument at all. it never was. why?

well here is a newsflash for you :

everyone does that. EVERYONE plays to have fun. that isnt a you only thing. and your idea of fun isnt everyones idea of fun as fun is by nature of it subjective.

youre literally telling him there that he doesnt have fun if it isnt like you do it which is one of the most stupid crap you can put out to begin with. when you try to use fun as an argument you have no argument as youre trying to use something purely subjective in an objective way. which is silly.

what someone enjoys or finds fun is hugely subjective. here is your catch : MAYBE JUST MAYBE. he enjoys chaseing after these carrots on the stick? did that tought ever occur to you? alot of players enjoy chaseing a reward in a videogame. otherwise rewards wouldnt even exist in the first place. alot of players ENJOY haveing incentives. if there is no incentive it gets boring for them. if you can enjoy your game without such incentives thats fine. but that simply doesnt apply to everyone.

Calm down.

All the more power to them if they enjoy their carrots on sticks, they're totally free to do so. Nothing wrong with that. I just particularly don't enjoy those, so I don't really like the Guiding Lands because they're one huge carrot on a very feeble stick.

harrymcc posted...
Fastest method to change monsters in GL now?

Probably checking the monsters on town, if not desirable, start an expedition on any map, check again, if undesired go to any other map, check again, repeat until you get what you want. May need to go to the guiding lands specifically rather than another map, but the same idea applies in any case. Keep resetting expeditions. Enjoy your loading screens!
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
4 weeks ago#105
SilverHawke27 posted...
Sounds like you just expect the game to be super easy

lmao

Yes, when people talk difficulty in Monster Hunter, they are referring exclusively to the RNG of what monster you get to fight. Not the fights themselves, not the mechanics, just whether or not you can get a specific monster to spawn at a given time. If only they just made it require MR 999 to unlock Silver Rathalos this would be the best game ever.
Meow!

Deaga
4 weeks ago#106
Panthera posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
Sounds like you just expect the game to be super easy

lmao

Yes, when people talk difficulty in Monster Hunter, they are referring exclusively to the RNG of what monster you get to fight. Not the fights themselves, not the mechanics, just whether or not you can get a specific monster to spawn at a given time. If only they just made it require MR 999 to unlock Silver Rathalos this would be the best game ever.

lmao, of course it is. What are you, a filthy casual? Everyone knows the deviant grind was the most praised part of Generations and its ultimate expansion. Who didn't love Hunting the same monster 15 times in a row just to unlock all of its quests? And who didn't love doing that multiple times with friends, or to farm those absolutely terrible armor sets? Man, I love those quests that you have to waste dozens of hours of your life just to unlock!
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#107
When I say super easy, I mean you expect to be spoon fed monsters whenever you want.

You want to be able to pick up the game and demand the rarest monsters just magically pop up immediately for you to hunt. And that isn't how it should be. If they are rare, they should be more of a challenge to find and hunt.

If that is what you want, you should leave Monster Hunter and play Toukiden. Plenty of missions you can take where it just dumps you practically in the lap of a monster, and all you have to do is kill it. Not that Toukiden is a bad game.

But frankly, the Guiding Lands sound fine. You have common, uncommon, and rare monsters. You shouldn't be able to just jump in on any of them whenever you feel like it.

It's a hunting game. Go out and hunt stuff as it appears. Don't piss and moan because you want rare monsters to spawn really easily, so you can use them to quickly access the best gear in the game.

Deaga
4 weeks ago#108
SilverHawke27 posted...
It's a hunting game. Go out and hunt stuff as it appears.

You see, that's the catch.

I'd absolutely LOVE to do that. It's just that the guiding lands will make it literally impossible to get the highest tier monsters if you do just that.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
4 weeks ago#109
SilverHawke27 posted...
When I say super easy, I mean you expect to be spoon fed monsters whenever you want.

If you mean that you're not paying attention considering no one is complaining about monsters unlocking via plot progression or HR/MR rank or even GL level, only that unlocking a monster is a process that requires you to almost completely re-lock another one because you can't have all regions at level 6 at once as.

SilverHawke27 posted...

You want to be able to pick up the game and demand the rarest monsters just magically pop up immediately for you to hunt. And that isn't how it should be. If they are rare, they should be more of a challenge to find and hunt.

"Challenge"
"Randomly waiting until the game gives you monsters that let you make progress"

Clearly going on expeditions back and forth is a difficult and engaging task that requires immense skill, while switching training area objects was just too damn easy since you had to press one or two fewer buttons.

SilverHawke27 posted...
But frankly, the Guiding Lands sound fine. You have common, uncommon, and rare monsters. You shouldn't be able to just jump in on any of them whenever you feel like it.

Why should endgame not consist of fighting the monsters you actually want to fight? Especially when to unlock those you have to fight other stuff anyway? Especially when the other half of endgame is also not fighting whatever you like since investigations are randomly generated and you won't always have a good monster available? When you've beaten the game and unlocked everything, being able to actually fight any monster is not a crazy concept.

SilverHawke27 posted...
It's a hunting game. Go out and hunt stuff as it appears

You mean actively screw yourself out of ever unlocking anything, because if the RNG isn't kind you will never have monsters from one area spawn often enough in a row to get that area up to level 6 (or 7 for some of the TEDs) if you just hunt whatever random stuff shows up? That's one of the big problems with the Guiding Lands you know, the fact that using it to just randomly hunt stuff (something I loved in 3U and 4U) is extremely detrimental to your progress.

SilverHawke27 posted...
Don't piss and moan because you want rare monsters to spawn really easily, so you can use them to quickly access the best gear in the game.

"Don't act like you should be able to fight endgame monsters and make endgame gear when you're at endgame and have already put in the work to unlock them!"
Meow!

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#110
Panthera posted...
If you mean that you're not paying attention considering no one is complaining about monsters unlocking via plot progression or HR/MR rank or even GL level, only that unlocking a monster is a process that requires you to almost completely re-lock another one because you can't have all regions at level 6 at once as.

Everything unlocked at once defeats the entire point of the Guiding Lands. Clearly it's designed to keep people playing over the course of the next year or two. And to not just put the game aside and only show up when new content is added.

Panthera posted...
switching training area objects was just too damn easy since you had to press one or two fewer buttons.

They called it an exploit for a reason.

Panthera posted...
"Don't act like you should be able to fight endgame monsters and make endgame gear when you're at endgame and have already put in the work to unlock them!"

If you already have all the endgame gear and weapons, then you have nothing to farm, at which point you should simply be hunting for fun regardless.

Besides which, if going on a normal Expedition changes what is in the Guiding Lands, what are you complaining about? Go on a normal one if you don't like what is on your list to change it.

They just removed the Training Area exploit, because it shouldn't have been a thing in the first place.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What is update 10.12 about?
  • Topic Archived