• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Just got to Guiding Lands, Longsword build

User Info: HolyShiatzu

HolyShiatzu
4 weeks ago#11
windklinge posted...
HolyShiatzu posted...
Elemental, just completed story.

Velk Head A
Ebony Odogaron Chest B
Reg Odogaron Hands B
Reg Odogaron Legs B
Velk Boots B

I built this set specifically around my charms since I have 3 Lvl 4 attack gems with other skills and a lvl 4 crit gem. Mileage will very with you charms.

Gives :
Elemental Crit (Velk 2 piece)
Protective Polish ( Odo 3 piece)
Crit Eye 7
Attack 4
Handicraft 3 (Charm)
Crit Draw 2

Can socket for vitality, weakness exploit, speed eating, elemental damage, etc. whatever suits you. Weakness exploit not really needed because you have native 45-75% Crit based on the weapon. Lao Slash Crits 100%.

A lot of weapons gain a sliver of purple with Handicraft 3 and protective polish makes it last longer. If a weapon doesn’t reach purple with Handicraft 3 you can switch out the charm for Crit boost, earplugs, element damage, etc.

This set works for any element and isn’t too stringent on gems. A lot of variety and can easily switch weapons and gem to fit each fight. I’ll use this till Silver Rathalos probably.

use a polish gem instead of odo bonus. way way better.

I don’t have one

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
4 weeks ago#12
OUTCH. why didnt you farm one via chungus/lavas***? ^^

HolyShiatzu
4 weeks ago#13
windklinge posted...

I don’t know what that is.

Also I’m using Odo pieces for the crit eye, protective polish is just an added bonus.

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
4 weeks ago#14
HolyShiatzu posted...
windklinge posted...

I don’t know what that is

so youre new to the game then? figures. that explains why you dont have it then^^

its 2 event quests for deco farming like crazy. (high rank stuff)

HolyShiatzu
4 weeks ago#15
windklinge posted...
HolyShiatzu posted...
windklinge posted...

I don’t know what that is

so youre new to the game then? figures. that explains why you dont have it then^^

its 2 event quests for deco farming like crazy. (high rank stuff)

I see.

I’m not really new I just didn’t stay around after beating the game and a few tempered fights. I didn’t farm decos.

User Info: HotCell43

HotCell43
4 weeks ago#16
Antfunk posted...
3 piece Teo, Garuga legs. Then alternate Kushala or Kirin chest as needed for your build. You can do a lot with it and get max Crit eye, handicraft, Crit boost and Weakness exploit with MT.

This set allows you to use any accompanying charm.

Having no Attack boost will it affect attack a lot though? All in all looks like a sick set
PSN: McProtege92
Switch: SW-3319-4739-9775

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
4 weeks ago#17
It barely affects the damage.
FC: SW-2004-1995-0228
DD:DA Pawn: Lia. Vocation Strider. Pawn ID: F75A-85A8-87F2. Currently around Lvl 50. Hiring appreciated.

User Info: Antfunk

Antfunk
4 weeks ago#18
HotCell43 posted...
Having no Attack boost will it affect attack a lot though? All in all looks like a sick set

All in all as I understand attack loses it’s impact due to the high innate attack on weapons in MR.

I’m also working on a 4 piece silver los set atm to see what elemental is like. But I admit now that it’s painful moving away from the aforementioned Teo 3, Garuga and Kush or Kirin chest. I’m also told Brute is a good chest but not seen it yet. With elemental I feel you need to have the really juicy level decorations to enable you to get everything you need/want - or shall we say as much as possible :)!

The best thing to keep in mind is with all the customisability options there are many ways to be play and be successful. Insanely safe and defensive, pure dps , somewhere in between and janky fun builds also :)!

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
4 weeks ago#19
Man, if only this MH had a Pokémon style "moxie" skill, in which you get a perma boosts from killing monsters.

I would ADORE during multi monsters quests like that.
MHW Supplemental Discord: https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
https://imgur.com/QL6WJAl https://imgur.com/lGlcDyU
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Just got to Guiding Lands, Longsword build
  • Topic Archived