• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. My GF bought me Iceborne and I haven't played in over a year...help?

User Info: indica

indica
4 weeks ago#1
I'm at the quest for Nergigante (sp?), like HR13 or 14, and I want to get through the rest of the main game and into Iceborne. I've never played online but would like some help getting through the last bit of the game. Thanks!
There is no good. There is no evil. There just is.

User Info: Zennou

Zennou
4 weeks ago#2
Go to your house keeper cat and you should be able to claim add-ons from it or something. One of them should be an armor set that will help keep you alive, especially if you upgrade its defense. The skills on it are centered around making you hard to kill exactly to help people coming back push through to Iceborne content.

Advice for Nergigante specifically: if you get knocked onto the ground, Nerg likes to follow up with a big slam attack that will usually finish you off if you're getting up and don't dodge it correctly. The secret to not getting hit by it is to not try and get up quickly. While you're knocked down like that monster attacks can't hit you until near the end of the animation to get up, and you can lay on the ground long enough for the slam attack to harmlessly pass through you.
We leap from dream to dream, and today we dream anew.

indica
4 weeks ago#3
I claimed the stuZennou posted...
Go to your house keeper cat and you should be able to claim add-ons from it or something. One of them should be an armor set that will help keep you alive, especially if you upgrade its defense. The skills on it are centered around making you hard to kill exactly to help people coming back push through to Iceborne content.

I claimed the stuff from my housekeeper cat but I don't see it in my inventory.

Zennou
4 weeks ago#4
Hrm.

"
Select "Claim Add-On & Bonuses", then "Armor Set: Guardian"
When prompted, select "Yes" to retrieve the content.
"

The armor set wasn't listed in your add-ons at all? It should be there for everyone, even without Iceborne, maybe unless you aren't connected to the internet.

indica
4 weeks ago#5
Zennou posted...
Hrm.

"
Select "Claim Add-On & Bonuses", then "Armor Set: Guardian"
When prompted, select "Yes" to retrieve the content.
"

The armor set wasn't listed in your add-ons at all? It should be there for everyone, even without Iceborne, maybe unless you aren't connected to the internet.

I selected it from the Bonuses, and it says claimed, but I just can't find it in my inventory.

Zennou
4 weeks ago#6
Are you only looking through your inventory from the menu when you press Start/Options? Go to one of the boxes around Astera like the one right outside the Blacksmith and after interacting with it go to Manage Equipment. It should be in there.

indica
4 weeks ago#7
Zennou posted...
Are you only looking through your inventory from the menu when you press Start/Options? Go to one of the boxes around Astera like the one right outside the Blacksmith and go to Manage Equipment. It should be in there.

Yeah, checked every freaking box and didn't see it. I thought it was maybe because I haven't beaten the main game yet.

Zennou
4 weeks ago#8
Nah that's not the reason. It's even available when creating a brand new character. Sorry, I don't know what to tell you then. It should have gone to the first open slots in the Equipment box.

indica
4 weeks ago#9
Zennou posted...
Nah that's not the reason. It's even available when creating a brand new character. Sorry, I don't know what to tell you then. It should have gone to the first open slots in the Equipment box.

It finally showed up. I've currently got the Urdugon (sp?) set with the skull mask--the new set doesn't seem any better, but I'll upgrade and see I guess. I'm also looking for some people to help me through the rest of the main game. I just got plus but haven't played this game online ever.

User Info: 0sinium

0sinium
4 weeks ago#10
If you don't know already his spikes become black when he's prepared to divebomb.
I can't believe I can't spell Osmium right.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. My GF bought me Iceborne and I haven't played in over a year...help?
  • Topic Archived