• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. SnS: Go for the weapon with more raw or more element?

User Info: game_wiz101

game_wiz101
4 weeks ago#1
In this case, the particular example is when looking at the Legiana tree vs the Barioth tree.

The former has 336 raw, 480 ice, and a level 1 slot. It looks like it can hit purple sharpness with handicraft. The latter has 350 raw, 330 ice, and natural 30% affinity. Missing the purple and slot. I understand that armor can be built one way or another to take advantage or cover what's missing from either weapon, but for someone who doesn't have much of a set yet, which weapon would be the more logical choice?
3DS FC: 1375-7722-0434
GT: SmokyJoMama, PSN: SmokyJoMama-sama

User Info: Celery_O_Astora

Celery_O_Astora
4 weeks ago#2
I'd normally say go for more element, but that 30 affinity is pretty tempting lol. In those kinda cases I usually just pick whatever one I like the look of more. I'm fine with forgoing a few numbers in damage if the weapons visuals spark my interest

User Info: huki4101

huki4101
4 weeks ago#3
Debated this earlier.

It depends on the match-up. The Legiana SnS is better than the Barioth SnS for monsters super weak to Ice, but the opposite is true otherwise. The problem is, the Barioth SnS is more or less outclassed by Velkhana’s SnS anyways.

It also depends on how much you dunk when you SnS... if most of your attacks are dunks, then I suspect the higher raw option will win out even on super ice-weak monsters.

Makes me a little sad, Nardebosche is an old favourite of mine.
I'm like, six damn strings never sounded so appealing.

game_wiz101
4 weeks ago#4
I can't judge by looks when I like all their looks. You are right that Velkhana's exists as well, which I had overlooked when staring at that affinity. Balls, that makes things worse.

User Info: FrozenSeraph21

FrozenSeraph21
4 weeks ago#5
huki4101 posted...
Debated this earlier.

It depends on the match-up. The Legiana SnS is better than the Barioth SnS for monsters super weak to Ice, but the opposite is true otherwise. The problem is, the Barioth SnS is more or less outclassed by Velkhana’s SnS anyways.

It also depends on how much you dunk when you SnS... if most of your attacks are dunks, then I suspect the higher raw option will win out even on super ice-weak monsters.

I find Nardebosche to be the most balanced of the Ice Sword and Shields, but most use Velkhana. Do you know why ?
Sticks and stones may break my bones but my will is made of sterner stuff.

User Info: Pots_Togo

Pots_Togo
4 weeks ago#6
Bomb to build sleep, sleep to farm elements. Element to ascend into godhood

User Info: huki4101

huki4101
4 weeks ago#7
FrozenSeraph21 posted...
Do you know why ?

Perhaps because their SnS playstyle involves a lot of Falling Bash, which ignores element and favours the higher raw weapon.

Or because they think the weapon from the flagship is “stronger”.

Or because they think Velk’s SnS looks cooler.
I'm like, six damn strings never sounded so appealing.

game_wiz101
4 weeks ago#8
FrozenSeraph21 posted...
huki4101 posted...
Debated this earlier.

I find Nardebosche to be the most balanced of the Ice Sword and Shields, but most use Velkhana. Do you know why ?

Residual raw meta maybe? It also has a level 4 slot.

User Info: FrozenSeraph21

FrozenSeraph21
4 weeks ago#9
Makes sense XD, Velk's SnS is beautiful. About the raw part, I've barely seen bashes with it. Instead, Perfect Rush is the main source of damage. But, thanks by the way.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but my will is made of sterner stuff.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. SnS: Go for the weapon with more raw or more element?
  • Topic Archived