• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. "Slider" gen, or Affinity Sliding good?

User Info: TrustyPeaches

TrustyPeaches
4 days ago#1
On paper this seems extremely good for a 2 slot gem.

30% affinity for what seems like 12+ second after sliding for less than a second. You don’t have to commit to a sliding attack. That’s seems very very strong.

At least 50% of the “arenas” you fight monsters in have easy to access “slideable” surfaces, and the generous duration means you can proc it while avoiding a monsters attacks or making space and still capitalize.

Am I missing something here? Is there something that makes this gem worse than it seems?
"I hate this site but I also can't look away from it. It's like a trainwreck that just keeps perpetually happening every day."

User Info: Grand Kirby

Grand Kirby
4 days ago#2
Basically depends on where you fight and what weapon you're using.

It's completely useless in the Special Arena for example. And it's not like Lance will make use of it. But if you're say, using Hammer on that big hill in the regular Arena... hoo boy.
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 days ago#3
Yeah, essentially if you in flat areas it's a wasted slot. So it depends on what you hunt and where you hunt it.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
4 days ago#4
It's one of those things that's very, very good when you have the environment to abuse it. Legiana hunt? Yep. Slot that in.

It's especially good now because slots are precious in Master Rank armor. Getting 30% Affinity for a 2 slot is great!

But it's context specific so you won't find it in meta sets. Which is why you don't use meta sets. They're a base to work from, at best.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. "Slider" gen, or Affinity Sliding good?
  • Post New Message