• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do you prioritize Optional quests or Investigations?

User Info: SHIGGY4LIFE

SHIGGY4LIFE
6 days ago#1
Do you prioritize Optional quests or Investigations? - Results (58 votes)
Optional
60.34% (35 votes)
Investigations
39.66% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This question is assuming the optional quests do not unlock any upgrades or features. Investigations offer more rewards. Completing Optional quests allows you to "completed" them, which for completionists is appealing. So which do you typically prefer? I lean towards the Optonal quests. Having the menu for the quest rank cleared is rewarding to my eyeballs
Go Bears

User Info: ilikefords

ilikefords
6 days ago#2
I generally do optionals first and then do investigations. I like to clear all the optionals off the list.
R6 Rider //// Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
"Bloodbourne....Its a Dynasty Warriors ripp off trying to hard." - Spacefrisian

User Info: Hapolo

Hapolo
6 days ago#3
ilikefords posted...
I generally do optionals first and then do investigations. I like to clear all the optionals off the list.

User Info: RatchetClankO

RatchetClankO
6 days ago#4
Eh,depends if I like the rewards that optional gives me.

Unless you mean usual optional quests without any special rewards, then..investigations.

User Info: Ravaryn

Ravaryn
6 days ago#5
Investigations if I'm looking for a specific material from a monster.

If I'm just looking to help out random people to kill some time then I'll do most any quest, but I'll prioritize optionals I haven't done yet.

User Info: Inferno700

Inferno700
6 days ago#6
It depends. After assignments, I focus on farming monsters for certain parts. If I'm looking for a mantle and I have an investigation with gold rewards, I go that route with optional as a backup. If I don't care about the parts then I go optional then investigation (assuming I'm sticking to a specific monster).

The intention of the question may be to determine if players tend to complete optional quests for completeness. If that's the case, I would lean towards completing all optional quests.
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436 Steam ID: Inferno700
PSN: Inferno701 Xbox Live: oDarth Plagueis

User Info: ZetaStriker

ZetaStriker
6 days ago#7
In World, I prioritized Investigations because they were just superior in every way. More variety, way better rewards, etc. However when I went back to clear all the optional quests to unlock the final optional, it was a huge pain that so few of them were done, so I've been prioritizing optionals this time around just to make progress on that.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
6 days ago#8
You will need to do all optionals at some point. Better do them know than come back later to them when they feel like a chore.
MHW:Iceborne| Elder Scrolls Online
^Currently playing

User Info: pokerealm

pokerealm
6 days ago#9
For now, I only do optionals if I don't have any investigations of the monster I want to hunt. Clearing optionals at a later point.

User Info: RemakeMe

RemakeMe
6 days ago#10
i really need gadgets with + so i can add decos.
then canteen is last priority but i rarely have fresh ingredients and i don't know any feline insurance recipes either.
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do you prioritize Optional quests or Investigations?
  • Topic Archived