• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So tell me why I paid $70 for...

User Info: IvoEska

IvoEska
4 weeks ago#11
I didn't even know that a steelbook could be sold with a download code. Who does that?

I think Gamestop messed up lol

User Info: BoneArcher

BoneArcher
4 weeks ago#12
IvoEska posted...
I didn't even know that a steelbook could be sold with a download code. Who does that?

I think Gamestop messed up lol

That's what I'm saying. The ethics of the thing just doesn't make sense. I'm ignoring everyone else's asinine responses; I'm questioning the entire principle of the matter.
PSN: Frost_Titan11

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
4 weeks ago#13
srepucane posted...
Sounds to me like Gamestop messed up and gave you someone else's order and they probably got yours. I would take it back to Gamestop and see about getting the physical copy that you ordered.

It not GS fault. I got an email from Amazon saying my package maybe damage or whatnot. I think this is what it referring to. So it not GS(despite that I hate them) but the manufacture's fault.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!

User Info: Thundar

Thundar
4 weeks ago#14
Gamestop specifically had a version of the game that sold for $60 that came with a steelcase. It only came with an Iceborne Deluxe code, no physical copy.

The only way to get a physical copy of the expansion was to purchase the Master Edition which came in two flavors. $60 for just the game on disc, or $80 for the deluxe which also comes with the steelcase.

Nothing sold initially for $70, so I have no idea what version you got TC. I do know Amazon is already selling that $60 Master Edition for $50 now though.
https://i.imgtc.com/AtJBvaN.jpg
PSN: Qwid SW-5644-7025-9610

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
4 weeks ago#15
Looks like you got the wrong version for the disc.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Darkinsanity1

Darkinsanity1
4 weeks ago#16
Thundar posted...
Gamestop specifically had a version of the game that sold for $60 that came with a steelcase. It only came with an Iceborne Deluxe code, no physical copy.

The only way to get a physical copy of the expansion was to purchase the Master Edition which came in two flavors. $60 for just the game on disc, or $80 for the deluxe which also comes with the steelcase.

Nothing sold initially for $70, so I have no idea what version you got TC. I do know Amazon is already selling that $60 Master Edition for $50 now though.

They never could get this right and tell me the right thing. I thought it was ridiculous that I had to pay $80 just to get a steelbook that also comes with World which I didnt need.

They never told me an empty steelbook with a code for Iceborne was an option.
Every time you read this, squirrels randomly burst into flames. Think of the squirrels.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darkinsanity-1468/hero/1924799

User Info: DaDrkKnight

DaDrkKnight
4 weeks ago#17
I mean...isn't the point of a steelcase to also have a physical disk though? Weird business practice.
I'm going to hee-ho down your neck.
I'm kidding. Maybe.

User Info: master_rose

master_rose
4 weeks ago#18
DaDrkKnight posted...
I mean...isn't the point of a steelcase to also have a physical disk though? Weird business practice.

Yeah, but their logic was "They can buy just the steelcase and DLC and put the world disk in there now that the old case is obsolete" or whatever, OR "They can buy the game on one disc for extra money for the new disc."
PSN: TimesCrusader
This is minecraft. Why deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up

User Info: Jesserae

Jesserae
4 weeks ago#19
ToastedSal posted...
Gamestop gave me the Master Edition(MHW+Iceborne on disk), at first I was miffed cause $20 extra.

But then I sold my original copy of world to some idiot on my campus for $60 so lmao.

The absolute state of college and uni education, I spend a lot of my life around these people, dumbest f***s I've ever met and yet they think of themselves as intelligent.
Praise The Sun - DDDA Pawn Ciri (Ranger)
PSN: Darkestsoul92

User Info: BoneArcher

BoneArcher
4 weeks ago#20
Darkinsanity1 posted...
Thundar posted...

They never could get this right and tell me the right thing. I thought it was ridiculous that I had to pay $80 just to get a steelbook that also comes with World which I didnt need.

They never told me an empty steelbook with a code for Iceborne was an option.

^This exactly. For those complaining about me not doing my research, I ASKED! I RESEARCHED! I looked at my options and I asked weeks ago here on these very boards as well and EVERYONE said the same thing. Gamestop even told me that this was the correct version. Long story short, f*** The Man because The Man f***s me.

DaDrkKnight posted...

^Exactly. This guy gets it.
PSN: Frost_Titan11
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So tell me why I paid $70 for...
  • Topic Archived