• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So buying Iceborne is a no brainer, yeah?

User Info: Black_Fire

Black_Fire
1 month ago#11
BurningFlareX posted...
I hear the balancing is pretty poor.

As in, monsters have too much HP and it takes too long to get upgraded weapons to start dealing with that increased HP.

Do expect considerably longer hunts if you go for it.

No thats just world newbies who never played a g rank expansion before. Health balancing is fine with all the tools at your disposal like turf wars, clutch claw wall slam, terrain hazards.

ONLY thing I hate about Iceborne are the non unique weapon designs.
"Hatred is what drives me!" Judge Gabranth

User Info: DeanDandylion

DeanDandylion
1 month ago#12
cynicalsaint posted...
I've also heard people complaining about weapons designs, so if you're really into that - maybe that's a mark against it? But as far as I'm concerned it really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game too much.

The Brachy DBs should be considered a crime against humanity, they're so damn ugly. It's especially egregious considering how awesome the actual Brachy DBs look.
You must have a high tolerance for hideousness to not be bothered too much by the weapon design issues in IB. Or maybe MHW is your first MH? Canning extant, amazing designs is unforgivable and the weapons are enough to still have me on the fence about getting IB on console. Holding out for PC at this point since modders will do what Crapcon won't.
Currently playing nothing, no goddamned time these days

User Info: Solid_Seb

Solid_Seb
1 month ago#13
DeanDandylion posted...
cynicalsaint posted...
I've also heard people complaining about weapons designs, so if you're really into that - maybe that's a mark against it? But as far as I'm concerned it really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game too much.

The Brachy DBs should be considered a crime against humanity, they're so damn ugly. It's especially egregious considering how awesome the actual Brachy DBs look.
You must have a high tolerance for hideousness to not be bothered too much by the weapon design issues in IB. Or maybe MHW is your first MH? Canning extant, amazing designs is unforgivable and the weapons are enough to still have me on the fence about getting IB on console. Holding out for PC at this point since modders will do what Crapcon won't.

That's a fair criticism, aesthetics can be pretty important to enjoyment of a game.

User Info: SHIGGY4LIFE

SHIGGY4LIFE
1 month ago#14
The monster's hp and lackluster weapon designs are a drawback but Iceborne is still fantastic. Personally, I love the customization additions, especially in your room. If you like Monster Hunter, Iceborne is a no brainer
Go Bears

User Info: Silverwyrm

Silverwyrm
1 month ago#15
Good hunts go to 10-15 minutes, linger if your undergesred or having trouble. Beotodus is an awful introduction though. I like the hunt time, actually fight the monster as opposed to it dying in a few minutes of flailing.

My biggest issue is lack of layered armor and return of awful generic weapon designs.

User Info: cynicalsaint

cynicalsaint
1 month ago#16
DeanDandylion posted...

I've played since Tri (3U is were I've spent most of my time though).
Its just that "weapon designs" is pretty much at the bottom of my list of thing worth getting my panties in a twist about.

If Fashion Hunter is your thing - then that's fine, but if "They changed the design of some weapons and I don't like it" is the biggest problem the game has, then I think that's more a mark in the game's favor.
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN/Steam - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ battle.net - cynicalsaint#1360

User Info: DeanDandylion

DeanDandylion
1 month ago#17
cynicalsaint posted...
but if "They changed the design of some weapons and I don't like it" is the biggest problem the game has, then I think that's more a mark in the game's favor.

A valid complaint is a "mark in the game's favor". Top tier logic.

They didn't simply change the designs - they needlessly regressed them, and seemingly at random. Why did some weapon types get shafted while others got through? The way the designs were handled is indefensible and ridiculous, especially considering the history of the series and how making gear that is unique to monsters is kind of the entire point of the goddamned game.
Currently playing nothing, no goddamned time these days
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So buying Iceborne is a no brainer, yeah?
  • Topic Archived