• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So buying Iceborne is a no brainer, yeah?

User Info: PressRestart

PressRestart
1 week ago#1
Everyone is saying it's a 9/10 expansion and only makes the game better, and is completely worth the money.
Is there anything bad about it at all that might make people reconsider?
The False Prophet of the Nintendo 3DS Board.

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
1 week ago#2
I hear the balancing is pretty poor.

As in, monsters have too much HP and it takes too long to get upgraded weapons to start dealing with that increased HP.

Do expect considerably longer hunts if you go for it.
rabbit

User Info: PressRestart

PressRestart
1 week ago#3
BurningFlareX posted...

As in, monsters have too much HP and it takes too long to get upgraded weapons to start dealing with that increased HP.

I kinda expected that considering the increased difficulty, they may have just made a mistake of assuming longer hunts= higher difficulty, but the monsters are also buffed right?
The False Prophet of the Nintendo 3DS Board.

User Info: orBhsiF

orBhsiF
1 week ago#4
PressRestart posted...
BurningFlareX posted...

I kinda expected that considering the increased difficulty, they may have just made a mistake of assuming longer hunts= higher difficulty, but the monsters are also buffed right?

Hunts are longer but it’s about right where it should be. It’s fantastic.
Xbox GT: Ki XVIII. Feel free to add for Iceborne.

User Info: TheSoldierChris

TheSoldierChris
1 week ago#5
PressRestart posted...
BurningFlareX posted...

The weapons you get at the start are pretty weak(230 true raw) and there isn't a lot of "in-between" upgrades. But once you get some actual endgame gear(270-290 true raw and a lot good skills)... you'll shread through monsters.

Overall, I say iceborne is more balanced for the endgame.
Ign: TheSoldier hr350 mhw, hr500 mhgen, hr800 mh4u. I main Gs, Cb, Hh, Lbg, Hbg, and Ls.

User Info: Thundar

Thundar
1 week ago#6
Definitely a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. I mean you could actually get the Master Edition of this game from Amazon for $50 which includes the base game and the expansion. That's a steal if you haven't played the game.

I've always had a fun time whether playing solo or multiplayer in Monster Hunter. If you have the ability to learn how monsters move and when to attack, you'll have a fun time as well. If you just want to be carried through the game, best to pick something else to play
https://i.imgtc.com/AtJBvaN.jpg
PSN: Qwid SW-5644-7025-9610

User Info: MrFalconZero

MrFalconZero
1 week ago#7
Just get some master rank armor as soon as you can. That will help you keep from carting so quickly.
Then get the new hammer! Kurugane i think it's called. Actually i think u can get it before the armor cuz all you need to do is mine for some materials ( i did on wildspire waste)
Put a bunch of def and recovery decos in ur armor, maybe some fortify and you'll be good to go for awhile.

User Info: KrizmKazm

KrizmKazm
1 week ago#8
BurningFlareX posted...

I've actually played it, and this has not been my experience at all. I soloed half the new Story Mode with HR gear, and only carted to 1 monster. The hunts have not been longer for me at all. It's going to depend on your experience with the base game though. If you never really got your augments and decorations before starting Iceborne, you may struggle more.

I thought the new monsters, balance changes, new mechanics, and new map(s) were all very refreshing and fun! My only compliant about Iceborne, is that we STILL cannot craft layered armor from the base monsters. But that's an overall game complaint, not specific to Iceborne.
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/c/KrizmKazm

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
1 week ago#9
The first monster that leaves a seemingly permanent bad taste in people's mouths is Beotodus and admittedly, he's almost Lavasioth levels of f***ery. Not nearly as bad as having impenetrable armor, but people can't hit orange numbers on him while the snow is covering his body. Then there's the constant iceblight and other bulls*** to deal with. Overall, not a good choice for the starting monster as that's literally what everyone stopped to complain about upon first installing the expansion.

Banbaro probably would have been the best starting monster to fight in the expansion as he's like 10x easier than Beotodus.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148

User Info: cynicalsaint

cynicalsaint
1 week ago#10
I haven't gotten to the endgame yet, but so far I have nothing but positive things to say about it.

The new mechanics clutch claw mechanics are great, I really dig the move set additions and weapon adjustments they've made (I play mostly Insect Glaive and a little Gunlance on the side).

So far I'm digging the new monsters and the new subspecies all feel different and interesting compared to their original.

The only complaint I've really heard from people is too much HP, which I don't really agree with - solo hunts definitely feel a bit longer, but not too long (so far I think my longest times have been in the 20-30min, which to me doesn't feel too long at all if I'm thinking of a hunt in terms of being a "level" in another game), and things go quicker playing online if I'm trying to farm something.

I've also heard people complaining about weapons designs, so if you're really into that - maybe that's a mark against it? But as far as I'm concerned it really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game too much.

So I'd say its pretty much a no brainer - if you like MH:W and want a reason to play more of it, Iceborne is a great expansion
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN/Steam - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ battle.net - cynicalsaint#1360
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So buying Iceborne is a no brainer, yeah?
  • Topic Archived