• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Don't sleep on Speed Eating

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
4 days ago#1
It's on a couple of armor sets and the decos are really easy to get. If you're new and bad, this is something that might interest you.

All the players who boast of soloing everything and getting bored because everything is too easy can mosey on along. You don't need this and you don't want this. I hear the pearl macacaques give Attack Boosts.

Anywho, Speed Eating 2 or 3 is very good especially when you're doing a monster you don't know because it lessens the chance you go into a heal-hit-heal cycle. It also allows you to get off heals without absolutely knowing that the monster is about to attack, which is helpful when you don't know what it is and what it does.

In addition to cutting down on bad heal cycles, it also cuts your downtime because you won't need to bug out quite as much for each heal. This can actually lead to better times.

So when is this skill useful?

Generally, when you are consuming a lot of items, usually healing ones. If you feel the need to bring extra honey and normal potions because a stack of 10 Megapotions and 2 Max Potions runs you short, SE3 might be good to use. Note that the First Aid potions in Master Rank are now First Aid+ potions, so definitely pick those up and use those first.

When you get a monster down enough that you're leaving the honey at home, it's time to remove the skill.
ew...speed eating?

don't sleep?
F/C 5215-0096-6760

User Info: winforlose

winforlose
4 days ago#3
Speed eating 3
Wide range 5
Recovery item skill 3
Free meal 1

Perfect support build.
Evil is the man who asks for mercy but shows none.

User Info: eastman1982

eastman1982
4 days ago#4
On solo the palico vigor gadget support takes the need for speed healing away imo. But on a support build it’s key
"I got your back like a butt crack!"
psn user Darth_Eastman

User Info: some_idea

some_idea
4 days ago#5
winforlose posted...
Speed eating 3
Wide range 5
Recovery item skill 3
Free meal 1

Perfect support build.

Tigrex set bonus gives you free meal 3. You can use 40ish potions before needing to recharge.
I win! Now I'm the hero! ... or ... am I the villain?

User Info: KaizerBlack

KaizerBlack
4 days ago#6
winforlose posted...
Speed eating 3
Wide range 5
Recovery item skill 3
Free meal 1

Perfect support build.

Free Meal 3 please...
Someday, someone will best me.
But it wont be today, and it wont be you.

User Info: tonytonez

tonytonez
4 days ago#7
I have a set with 3 Tigrex and 2 Barioth for Voracious Speed Demon crit draw style.

Great resource saver if youre ever in a pinch and low on resources.
Monster Hunter World: Nyte Terror
PSN: Nyte_Terror_360 | Dragons Dogma Pawn: Sylphina

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
4 days ago#8
eastman1982 posted...
On solo the palico vigor gadget support takes the need for speed healing away imo. But on a support build it’s key

It depends on what you need and how you spec. I prefer putting other Palico gadgets on. The healing from the Palico can be hard to control reliably. It's not overkill to have SE3 and Palico healing. Might be a little overkill to have a full Tigrex set and Palico healing.

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
4 days ago#9
Speed eating and recovery up are always good skills if you struggle in a hunt along with vitality up. By a lot of AT elders in the base game, a lot of my sets were focused more on not dying than killing faster. It helped that there were so many 1 slot decoration spaces that I could easily gem in those skills. While I still have a good amount of skills, low MR armor don’t have as many slots so Speed eating just ends up being the skills that gets dropped, along with the fact that AT elders are harder than MR normal monsters at tge moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Don't sleep on Speed Eating
  • Post New Message