• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. They better NOT have a story for the next MH if it stays this bad.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
4 days ago#51
Syferonik posted...
Exactly what im saying, and people in here come with their bulls*** "he plays MH for story". Some ppl are just slow i guess.
I always thought the barebones story was enough. The game isn't about the story, its about killing big ass monsters and wearing their skin.
I like the cut of your jib.

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 days ago#52
prsboys posted...
Both 4U and World I read all the dialogue and pay attention to cutscenes as the story is really good when you compare to the rest of the series.

MH Gen's LR Village story is better than World's story.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired

User Info: EmperorEhryn

EmperorEhryn
4 days ago#53
Only problem with the story is how it's designed for solo not playing with someone. Cant launch missions together cause cut scenes.

Everything else is fantastic
King of Kings

User Info: Syferonik

Syferonik
4 days ago#54
EmperorEhryn posted...
Only problem with the story is how it's designed for solo not playing with someone. Cant launch missions together cause cut scenes.

I really hope this is some kind of a meme trollage lol. If you're serious, you might as well enjoy the story in Wii Fit.

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
4 days ago#55
BurningFlareX posted...
My biggest problem with the story is it treats the Handler like the main character and my hunter is just sorta there.

Most cutscenes are about the Handler. Even in monster intros you have her running face-first into trouble and your hunter saving her.

I don't particularly care for the overall story, but feeling like my character is playing second fiddle to some uninteresting damsel in distress whose only purpose is almost getting eaten by every monster in the game doesn't help it at all IMO.

Actually the Handler doesn't fit the Damsel in Distress archetype. She is more proactive than you and she's the one advancing the plot. You also don't get narrative rewards for fighting the monsters other than what you'd be expected from your job description, and certainly no sexual or friendly favors from the Handler.

She's the main, you're the bodyguard. It was like that in World as well, just not quite as obvious.

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
4 days ago#56
Caroniver posted...
MH Gen's LR Village story is better than World's story.
You're having a laugh.
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
4 days ago#57
EmperorEhryn posted...

It’s weird that mhw is the first time they let us go through the story with people and they made it really inconvenient to do it. My friends and I went through every story quest in base world together as a group, and almost every quest requires everyone to enter the quest, watch a cutscene, and then back out or we all have to do the expedition tracking separately. Unfortunately, due to scheduling, we can no longer do ice borne story all together but it has the exact same problem for some reason >_<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg

User Info: cynicalsaint

cynicalsaint
4 days ago#58
Meh.

I kind of like the bad story, I find it charming in a "trying a little bit too hard to pretend our generic half assed story is way more interesting than it actually is" kind of way.

Reminds me of all middle tier mid-late 90s anime I used to watch back in highschool.
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN/Steam - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ battle.net - cynicalsaint#1360
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
4 days ago#59
If Capcom cared so much about story, where are my ecology videos?
MHW Supplemental Discord: https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
https://imgur.com/QL6WJAl https://imgur.com/lGlcDyU

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 days ago#60
SpinKirby posted...
If Capcom cared so much about story, where are my ecology videos?

That's not story, that's ecosystem. Something which, despite all they say, is actually more present in every other MonHun.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. They better NOT have a story for the next MH if it stays this bad.
  • Post New Message