• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. They better NOT have a story for the next MH if it stays this bad.
The story in Monster Hunter games is just an excuse for your character to go hunt, just like any other great game with a poor story. Breath of the Wild's story is just an excuse for Link to go on an adventure.

They tried to do a little more with this one, but I agree. It's poorly written. Some characters are okay while others really suck. Some people like the handler but it can't be denied how poor she is.

The lore of Monster Hunter is much more interesting to me even though its kinda poor as well. But stuff like the origins of Fatalis, the ancient dragon weapon or whatever its called, the different races, and other tiny bits and pieces that you can find in the games. My favorite was knowing that a Lao-Shan Lung attacked and tried to get past the Guild's Fortress because it was fleeing the presence of a Fatalis ; which is maybe 3 or 4 times smaller than a Lao.

Previous installments also had much, much more npcs and humor scattered in dialogue, with funny references sometimes, which made them nice to read even if it was insignificant, but it's something that makes the charm of the series despite being about hunting animals. World is more serious toned and a reason why I didn't enjoy it at all.
A gem to reforge the world: from blood, the sea; flesh, the land; bone, the wood.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 week ago#42
Syferonik posted...
CanOfTUna posted...
I was wondering if you had a YouTube channel or something I can sub to, or maybe a podcast? I'd love to hear more of your riveting commentary.

I'm coming out with a DVD. I'll let you know when its ready to purchase.

>2k19
>DVD
FC: SW-2004-1995-0228
DD:DA Pawn: Lia. Vocation Strider. Pawn ID: F75A-85A8-87F2. Currently around Lvl 50. Hiring appreciated.

User Info: Big3D

Big3D
1 week ago#43
CanOfTUna posted...
I was wondering if you had a YouTube channel or something I can sub to, or maybe a podcast? I'd love to hear more of your riveting commentary.

#NoOneCares4YourSarcasm

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
1 week ago#44
TrueArchery posted...
>2k19
>DVD
Funny that I saw a DVD for Detective Pikachu. A movie which came out this year.
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco

User Info: ilikefords

ilikefords
1 week ago#45
prsboys posted...
TrueArchery posted...
>2k19
>DVD
Funny that I saw a DVD for Detective Pikachu. A movie which came out this year.

How dare you dismantle his post like that!
R6 Rider //// Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
"Bloodbourne....Its a Dynasty Warriors ripp off trying to hard." - Spacefrisian

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
1 week ago#46
My biggest problem with the story is it treats the Handler like the main character and my hunter is just sorta there.

Most cutscenes are about the Handler. Even in monster intros you have her running face-first into trouble and your hunter saving her.

I don't particularly care for the overall story, but feeling like my character is playing second fiddle to some uninteresting damsel in distress whose only purpose is almost getting eaten by every monster in the game doesn't help it at all IMO.
rabbit

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 week ago#47
I don't know why working your way up the ranks of the guild, ya know, the thing we actually DO during the game, can't be the focus of the story. Japan always wants some chosen idiot to kill some god equivalent even when a much more personal story would make a lot more sense.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: Syferonik

Syferonik
1 week ago#48
thetraveler posted...
Lord_Xandros posted...
Someone hating the handler. What a new and unique opinion to have on something so insignificant. I guess that's what happens when children play video games they don't enjoy, they pick at the smallest of things.
I might agree with you on the handler IF that creature wasn't involved in the story.

People not giving a damn about her don't know how gaming development works. They spent a s***load of resources for motion capture, voice acting, writing, model design. That money could've been used for something productive instead... and people are like "who care about the handler".

Syferonik
1 week ago#49
NavrosOL2 posted...
Playing mh for the story? FILTHY casual!!

Da f***? Who said that? Im mentioning it because you're forced to do it and WATCH UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES. And that is my point. Since the story is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad to the point of not a single person playing it for the story, why in the s*** is it even there? Does it improve gameplay or even lore? It does f***all. Its cringy bs written by an 8y old.

Syferonik
1 week ago#50
srepucane posted...
psoRanger posted...
*flame shield on*
People wanted story, they gave us unskippable cutscenes......thanks people.

This and the dumb ass reviewers knocking points on Monster Hunter games because of lack of story. Wish the "story" went back to 2nd gen style and the devs focused more on better weapon designs.

Exactly what im saying, and people in here come with their bulls*** "he plays MH for story". Some ppl are just slow i guess.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. They better NOT have a story for the next MH if it stays this bad.
  • Post New Message