• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. They better NOT have a story for the next MH if it stays this bad.

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
1 week ago#11
LordFarquad1312 posted...
MH has a story?

they all do. Just simplistic beat monster that causing or before it cause some havoc that endangers the world/local area.

don't think there been any that man/wyverian made though like some weird experimentation or breading some ultimate beast.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!

User Info: Syferonik

Syferonik
1 week ago#12
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
The story is ok, it gives context to the monsters and map progressions. However, f*** expeditions where you have to gather tracks before progressing the story.

But the context given is so poorly presented that a quest board would have done better. Imagine if instead of this s***ty story/voice acting/dialogue, we would have gotten 20 more monsters, 1 more map and 10+ weapons. This would have been so much better. Ain't nobody is playing MH for story. I bet you the only reason why there's one is because they tried to succeed in the west, where story is crucial for reviews etc.

User Info: diablo7238

diablo7238
1 week ago#13
Syferonik posted...
The story is ok, it gives context to the monsters and map progressions. However, f*** expeditions where you have to gather tracks before progressing the story.

But the context given is so poorly presented that a quest board would have done better. Imagine if instead of this s***ty story/voice acting/dialogue, we would have gotten 20 more monsters, 1 more map and 10+ weapons. This would have been so much better. Ain't nobody is playing MH for story. I bet you the only reason why there's one is because they tried to succeed in the west, where story is crucial for reviews etc.

You obviously don't know anything about the MH series.
Xbox Live GT: xX D1AI3LO Xx
PSN: Diablo7238

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
1 week ago#14
The story is actually terrible.

What's worse is the handler. Every, single, line, that she has is Jim Carey levels of over the top, missed cue evolution that doesn't belong. All the men in the game just come off as stupid, which is fine. But the handler... my god. Her writing, in particular is ATROCIOUS. Someone said it earlier, but it does literally feel like an 8 year old wrote this story and the handler.

User Info: Lord_Xandros

Lord_Xandros
1 week ago#15
Someone hating the handler. What a new and unique opinion to have on something so insignificant. I guess that's what happens when children play video games they don't enjoy, they pick at the smallest of things.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Angelic_Rave.png
Sales: PS4 - 91.6 Million, Xbox One - 41 Million // Why does the snow taste like salt...
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 week ago#16
Lord_Xandros posted...
Someone hating the handler. What a new and unique opinion to have on something so insignificant. I guess that's what happens when children play video games they don't enjoy, they pick at the smallest of things.
I might agree with you on the handler IF that creature wasn't involved in the story.
I like the cut of your jib.
Yeah, honestly you all better chill with s*** talking the handler. Anyone that retains that stance message me. We can meat up IRL and hopefully I can straighten you out.

User Info: Mulate

Mulate
1 week ago#18
LordFarquad1312 posted...
MH has a story?

Exactly. Just ignore the unskippable cutscenes with voice acting and script.

User Info: Kipp94

Kipp94
1 week ago#19
I just hate how every single monster has to have a story reason for being there. I guess not really hate, just not a fan.
PSN - Kipper_DA_BOSS

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 week ago#20
Yeah, honestly you all better chill with s*** talking the handler. Anyone that retains that stance message me. We can meat up IRL and hopefully I can straighten you out.
We got a baddass over here. *toolazytopostamemepic*
I like the cut of your jib.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. They better NOT have a story for the next MH if it stays this bad.
  • Post New Message