• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. This game has the clunkiest controls of all third person action games

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 weeks ago#41
Superman 64 is an Action game.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
4 weeks ago#42
Caroniver posted...

one of the greatest games of all time next to big rigs.

User Info: AtomicArtumas

AtomicArtumas
4 weeks ago#43
Oh, look.
They're back.

Been a while.
How long's it been? close to 1 1/2 years? They dropped off fairly fast after world's launch... and weirdly were nearly non-existent for GU's.
I'm a top level gamer. Do. Fail. Retry. Never give up.
SMM2 Maker ID: 398-MW7-XFF

User Info: thebestestbest

thebestestbest
4 weeks ago#44
Oh boy I can wait to hit this monster with an attack that uses the circle button

Oh wait I was on a hill so now I'm doing a slide attack instead
Oh the spot I want to stand has a small monster corpse or plant or rocks or lever

Too bad, I guess I just can't use my moveset because of crappy overlapping inputs

Not awful controls btw game is flawless

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
4 weeks ago#45
thebestestbest posted...
Oh boy I can wait to hit this monster with an attack that uses the circle button

Oh the spot I want to stand has a small monster corpse or plant or rocks or lever

Too bad, I guess I just can't use my moveset because of crappy overlapping inputs

This is actually a legitimate complaint that environmental factors can possibly play a really large factor for what options are available for you, which for some people is too position heavy or gimmicky.

Unfortunately your passive aggressive comments and bad reputation on this board will convince people to shun you outright. I wish you actually started the topic with this post instead of that stupid "doesn't play like bayonetta" comparison.

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
4 weeks ago#46
Unfortunately you lose credibility for using the word clunky.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148

User Info: Ryu_Yagami

Ryu_Yagami
4 weeks ago#47
thebestestbest posted...

You know you can't pick things up when you have your weapon out, right? And the unsheath attack is triangle.

Are you trying to fight monsters with your slinger or something? Or have you actually played the game? Go on be honest for the class now.
Proud member of the Anti Wyvern Pest Control. To Victory!

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
4 weeks ago#48
Go play MHFU. Lol.
^.^

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 weeks ago#49
thebestestbest posted...

This is a legitimate problem with the hills in World. Especially since rather than flagging certain areas as "hill", it seems to be angle based, meaning that with constantly changing angles, you'll often stop sliding while still going downhill, or start sliding somewhere that looks safe.

thebestestbest posted...

What? Those are two separate buttons. On Xbox, unsheathe is Y or RT, while picking up items is B. Meanwhile sheathe weapon is RB, LS, or X. On PS, Triangle and R2 are unsheathe, R1, L3, and Square are sheathe, and I believe Circle is item, but I may be wrong there.
You can't even pick up items while unsheathed. Your problem is that you're trying to unsheathe with a move which never unsheathes. THIS problem is you, not the game.

Slopes are legitimately a problem, though. Lance, Hammer, and DB of the weapons I've played have trouble with it.

ineedsearch posted...
Caroniver posted...

one of the greatest games of all time next to big rigs.

"clunkiest controls of all third person action games", not "clunkiest controls of all AAA Third-Person Action Games".
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. This game has the clunkiest controls of all third person action games
  • Topic Archived