• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. This game has the clunkiest controls of all third person action games

User Info: thebestestbest

thebestestbest
1 week ago#1
Bayonetta, astral chain, devil may cry, soulslikes all make this game look like a clunky, dated mess of mechanics that don't work properly together and create an overall frustrating experience instead of a fun one.

The overlapping button inputs, odd cancel windows, clunky unresponsive stances, it's such a mess.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 week ago#2
Uhhh no?
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: Dragonblade01

Dragonblade01
1 week ago#3
Idk what you're talking about man.

When I press a button, it starts immediately and I know exactly when it's going to hit. Sounds pretty responsive to me.

User Info: dexter1984

dexter1984
1 week ago#4
Sony portable claw would like a chat with you.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#5
dexter1984 posted...
Sony portable claw would like a chat with you.

^
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
1 week ago#6
That's kind of the point. You are supposed to feel weak and pathetic compared to the monsters.
Who the f*** is chunkyshtew?
-Endgame, 2019

User Info: thehauntedpc

thehauntedpc
1 week ago#7
I believe you might enjoy the more fluid combat of something like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time or the Spiderman game on PS4.

Monster Hunter is, and always will be known for its controls. Button mashing will get you nowhere, you need to exercise control and precision. You're hunting a giant, fire spewing, sleep gas belching, tsunami causing, electric powered monster - not punching some little bag guy in the face.

Miss press a button and you will be punished with a fireball to the face. At least it's not like the first one where they mapped the weapon controls to the right analogue stick and had you controlling the camera with the direction pad!

User Info: RemakeMe

RemakeMe
1 week ago#8
I kind of thought so at first, but plays rather well when you actually learn your weapon.

What i like different about MH vs Soulesque combat. Is that each weapon feels more in tune as a fighting game character. You have to learn how to use your character properly to make it feel right.

You don't play Tekken or Street Fighter and say the combat is clunky. You can mash your way and not be optima but you need to actually learn how to combo properly, when moves are safe to use, and how to move in on your opponent.
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Vhanzy

Vhanzy
1 week ago#9
Hmmm.....

User Info: Ryox98

Ryox98
1 week ago#10
It’s not a character action game, if anything the combat is more like Dark Souls than the first games you listed
Okami is the greatest game of all time
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. This game has the clunkiest controls of all third person action games
  • Post New Message