• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Best Dual Blades for each element?

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#51
@Exo_Icarus

With 3 affinity augments + 1 elemental augment + 5 custom elemental augments:

Twinrippers 2: 378 raw, 440 fire, 0% affinity

They get 7 slots. It costs 6 slots to get 10% / 5% / 5% affinity added. That leaves a slot for +30 elemental. And then +50 elemental from custom augments.

This is better than using the 5% affinity to try and work out the negative:

2 affinity augments (15%) + 5 custom affinity augments (5%) would give you 0% affinity.

But in this case, you only have 3 slots, for two levels of Element Effect Up. That is +60, where spending 1 slot (+30) and 5 customs (+50) gives you +80 element.

So for the Anja DBs, the top build is superior.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
4 weeks ago#52
SilverHawke27 posted...
@Exo_Icarus

With 3 affinity augments + 1 elemental augment + 5 custom elemental augments:

Twinrippers 2: 378 raw, 440 fire, 0% affinity

They get 7 slots. It costs 6 slots to get 10% / 5% / 5% affinity added. That leaves a slot for +30 elemental. And then +50 elemental from custom augments.

This is better than using the 5% affinity to try and work out the negative:

2 affinity augments (15%) + 5 custom affinity augments (5%) would give you 0% affinity.

But in this case, you only have 3 slots, for two levels of Element Effect Up. That is +60, where spending 1 slot (+30) and 5 customs (+50) gives you +80 element.

So for the Anja DBs, the top build is superior.

Hm. Is health regen no longer worth running on DBs? Heard that augment got a little bit weaker.
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#53
Nobody knows the exact payout for it, I believe. May not until PC is released and someone uses a mod to calculate it.

No idea where the first level now is the exact same as one level of the augment in High Rank, or if it has been nerfed so now you need Level 3 to get the same effect as Level 1 from High Rank.

On an R10, you can get Health Regen 2 for 5 slots, and Affinity 1 for 2 slots. But that still leaves the Anja at -10% affinity, so it's not really a good weapon for that.

If you were intending to run 2 pieces of Nami and 2 pieces of Velkhana, Crime is probably a better Fire DB.

Crime has 322 raw, 30% affinity, and 300 fire (requires Free Element).

So with 2 pcs of Nami, you can unlock that, and DBs are constantly attacking anyways so it's not a big deal. Slot in a Free Element deco to push it to FE3 for the full unlock.

It's also an R10 so you can use 7 slots worth of augments. 30% affinity means you have some options to play with:

Full Element adds +120 Fire to make 420 total, the innate 30% affinity makes it much easier to reach 100% all the time.

You could instead use affinity boosting augments:

3 of those would cost 6 slots and give you 50% affinity at the base level.
Leaving 1 slot to push to 330 Fire.

Add in 40% Crit Eye and you could then take just a single level of WE to get 100% on weak spots. Velkhana bonus gives you critical element increase, which is like 1.5x.

It may not be as powerful as the 4pc True Critical Element set, but it's still pretty decent, I would think.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Runeomago

Runeomago
4 weeks ago#54
Just got my silver rathalos armor today. Managed to add Weakness exploit 3, Def boost 7, vit boost 3, Crit eye 4 and fortify to its already existing Crit boost.

Now, im too lazy to test and come up with data, but I was running similar skills before the set's True Crit element, and there was a noticeable increase in damage. It out classes all other sets for DB imo.

User Info: imindianbruh

imindianbruh
4 weeks ago#55
Runeomago posted...
Just got my silver rathalos armor today. Managed to add Weakness exploit 3, Def boost 7, vit boost 3, Crit eye 4 and fortify to its already existing Crit boost.

Now, im too lazy to test and come up with data, but I was running similar skills before the set's True Crit element, and there was a noticeable increase in damage. It out classes all other sets for DB imo.

Which is exactly what I said previously and most guys have. Silver Sol just outclasses every other set. Heck I would go further and say that it will be the definitive set for any other elemental weapons which can crit. It's back to it's Glory days.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Best Dual Blades for each element?
  • Topic Archived