• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Best Dual Blades for each element?

User Info: Biaz

Biaz
4 weeks ago#41
vendalkin posted...
Ive ran 2 velkhana (head and waist with convelesce on one piece) and three zinogre latent power. Feels real real good. Triggering an even stronger latent power with less effort AND poisoning yourself to safely take some dmg while convalescing you do some good numbers.
That sounds like a fun build. How is the uptime of latent power?
If you think you are good at something, there's an Asian on YouTube better than you.
You have to be realistic about these things.

User Info: imindianbruh

imindianbruh
3 weeks ago#42
Db main here. Best set is 4 piece silver sol. You can sub out the hands for teo's hands or any other hands which gives the respective elements. Aim for that. Put in 1 Sharp Gem and 2 grinder on mantle. You're set

Best Fire: Anja
Best Water: Jyura
Best Thunder: Kirin
Best Dragon: Enduring
Best Ice: Beo

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
3 weeks ago#43
My main weapon was DB in MHW, but I've held off for now. I've been too spoiled by Drachen, MT, PP and Health Augment. I'm still hoping that we'll see a version of that soon.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Kiutsu

Kiutsu
3 weeks ago#44
Anja vs Smoldering pretty much comes down to which dual blade manages to crit more often to win in damage and how well can you abuse Wounding to benefit from Weakness Exploit 3 from what i've seen. This is of course much easier in multiplayer than solo. This is with white sharpness for both and going full damage decorations.

Anja requires handicraft 1 and protective polish with speed sharpening 2/3 to keep the weapon at white sharpness during combat while Smoldering can get away with speed sharpening 2 or non at all so you can increase it's raw and elemental damage because it's better than going purple sharpness which requires handicraft 3 and even then it's just a tiny sliver.

In other words use which ever of the 2 you can build the best armor set with for solo or multiplayer.

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
3 weeks ago#45
Villainous posted...
I was a DB main in World and I dropped them in IB. The mechanics do them no favors, and there are far more faster monsters if you're trying to skip CC use.

CC is honestly ruining quite a few weapons, and it needs to be changed to be less integral for damage.

It helps DBs more than it hurts them.

Without the CC you just can't do a thing on certain monsters. With them, at least you aren't just waiting around doing nothing.
Great job, Jeremy.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
3 weeks ago#46
So, for the Namielle bonus.
Both the 2 piece bonus and 4 piece bonus increases the element on your weapon.
Is it the same increase or does the 4 piece bonus give a bigger buff than 2 piece on top of free element 3?
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
3 weeks ago#47
Unbound-King posted...
So, for the Namielle bonus.
Both the 2 piece bonus and 4 piece bonus increases the element on your weapon.
Is it the same increase or does the 4 piece bonus give a bigger buff than 2 piece on top of free element 3?

2 piece is +60 element
4 piece is +100 from what I've seen personally, some have said +150
Great job, Jeremy.

User Info: vendalkin

vendalkin
3 weeks ago#48
Biaz posted... <br />
That sounds like a fun build. How is the uptime of latent power?

Its real easy to keep uptime as long as you also run rock steady mantle and intentionally let yourself takes hits when latent is down. 1 point convalesce is very worth it, but not more than one since the gains arent as significant.

Basically just take two sometimes three big hits and latents back up for another 1.5 minutes. Id say with proper maintenance you can easily keep latent up 75%+ which is rad because the 50% stamina reduction helps a ridiculous amount more than any other stam management tool. Not to mention the gloriousness of the bonus 60%affinity you also get from it accompanying the velkhana crit elem bonus for 2 pieces.

The specifics are 150 hp dmg to trigger lasts 90 seconds.

Convalescence is easy to keep up against fire monsters,(burn roll repeat) but other than that its spotty

I dont have silver rath/gold rath unlocked. But im honestly not sure ill switch over cause i enjoy the latent stamina management so much. At least not for solo play. In multi play weakness exploit is good enough affinity boost. But maintaining weaknesses is tough for solo so latent way tops it imo

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
3 weeks ago#49
Convalescence seems like it'd be highly useful against Brachydios, given the amount of slime spam he has going on. Or with the dust from Teostra/Lunastra.

Just get Blast Resistance 2 to mitigate things more.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
3 weeks ago#50
For your 5 custom upgrades for Anja blades. Use them all for 5% more affinity or use them all for 50 more fire damage?
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Best Dual Blades for each element?
  • Topic Archived