• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#41
roxlimn posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
Found the person who reads strategy guides before even trying the fight himself first.

LOL. Who would that be? I don't trust strategy guides. Hell, I don't even build meta sets. I build my own.

Yourself if you want anyone to believed you down N. Paolumu in less than 15 minutes with a melee weapon. (There's no way anyone would be dense enough to try to brag about their times with a projectile weapon.)
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
1 week ago#42
monster hp is fine. even on grinding lands.

proof :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-2gn1rnCqo

his gear is actually far from perfect aswell before someone says that. best ls have over 100 base dmg more than his. and he beat him in sub 10 mins total fighttime. and that wasnt a speedrun. not even close. lots of mistakes still. decos are far from perfect aswell. alot of room for improvement dmg wise still.

and ruiner nerg is one of the last monsters you encounter there aswell. so you wont see higher hp than this probaly until more events and dlc arrive.

AT nerg was still a ten times higher pain in the ass than any monster in iceborne base game.

for the record : ruiner doesnt spawn until you reach mr 99 and grinding lands is lvl 5. lvl 7 is max.

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
1 week ago#43
Just fought Brachydios for the first time using regular Odogaron gear and the Abbyss Piercer (759 damage 300 paralysis when awakened.)

Killed it in 19 minutes and 21 seconds solo. Fights length seem to be in between 3U and 4U average.

Unlike arch monsters that fight was pretty fair and nothing could one shot me. Cant stress enough this feels like old G rank.

Rhiethreal posted...
N. Paolumu in less than 15 minutes with a melee weapon.

I got close to that my first attempt. Got really luck with his attack pattern. Second time in ancient forest was a nightmare. Like the entire zone cover in gas. Was crap.

Regular Paolumu is worse for me though as his triple bounce attack only exist to cut down my DPS.

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
1 week ago#44
Rhiethreal posted...
Yourself if you want anyone to believed you down N. Paolumu in less than 15 minutes with a melee weapon. (There's no way anyone would be dense enough to try to brag about their times with a projectile weapon.)

LOL. Didn't know that was bragging. It's just a Paolumu, man. If you know how to attack airborne monsters, you don't have to sit on your hands waiting for it to descend just to apply damage.

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
1 week ago#45
Confused. Someone doesn't think its possible to kill Paolumu in 15 minutes with a melee weapon?
Xbox One GT - Azy1e, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
1 week ago#46
roxlimn posted...
Rhiethreal posted...

LOL. Didn't know that was bragging. It's just a Paolumu, man. If you know how to attack airborne monsters, you don't have to sit on your hands waiting for it to descend just to apply damage.

What weapon were you using? "I hit it" isn't very descriptive.

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#47
Azyle1 posted...
Confused. Someone doesn't think its possible to kill Paolumu in 15 minutes with a melee weapon?

Nightshade Paolumu isn't the same as Paolumu.

Azyle1
1 week ago#48
Rhiethreal posted...
Azyle1 posted...

Ok. But neither are hard. Insect Glaive handles it no problem. Can do it in like 9 - 12 minutes, no problem. Or does that not count by your standards?
PS4 - Azyle1

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#49
Azyle1 posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
Azyle1 posted...

Ok. But neither are hard. Insect Glaive handles it no problem. Can do it in like 9 - 12 minutes, no problem. Or does that not count by your standards?

Do you think aerial IG player's experience is the same experience someone with say a hammer would have?

Azyle1
1 week ago#50
Rhiethreal posted...
Azyle1 posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
Azyle1 posted...

Do you think aerial IG player's experience is the same experience someone with say a hammer would have?

Moving the goal posts, aren't we? I am sure there are people that can kill it in under 15 minutes with melee weapons the first time they see it.
PS4 - Azyle1
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp
  • Topic Archived