• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp

User Info: _TSC_

_TSC_
1 week ago#31
HP is fine. The game is balanced great imo.

User Info: Kaldrenthebold

Kaldrenthebold
1 week ago#32
MetalGearDogma posted...
My first brachydios took roughly 25 minutes to capture. With full Tigrex Gear and Rex LS.

My opinion?
This feels like old Monster Hunter. Every fight is like a dance between life and death. My first battle with Glavenus was super intense. And the Tigrex fight a constant hunt for openings and opportunities to strike.

The last fight that gave me this feeling was AT Nergigante. But he took only 16 minutes to kill

I love Master Rank. I love G rank.
Even unfair BS like those two black Gravios in one Quest in mhfu (this quest took me like 48 minutes but DAMN this was worth it!)

Amen, I love the longer time to kill.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u223/chocolateFRESH/arts/kraid.png - Thanks GP cosmonaut!
http://i.imgur.com/TuJWAR8.jpg

User Info: tiathecat

tiathecat
1 week ago#33
valikkster posted...
There's a difference between a 2 minute dedicated speedrun and a half hour or more casual run across difficulty levels. I agree that hints shouldn't be super short. But going on half an hour to kill a monster for the first half of IB because there literally isn't any gear that gives you a substantial damage increase from base game weapons is stupid. 15 minutes, for decent play without carts should be the target. 20 to 30 minutes for every monster up until Tigrex is just poor pacing.

I mean so far I've consistently been getting 15 minute casual hunts (decent play, no carts) with early MR gear and I just beat Tigrex.

I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at the game, but perhaps those who are taking half an hour just... really aren't...

User Info: Falsadoom

Falsadoom
1 week ago#34
Climbing the mountain looking up, yeah it’s a lot. But I bet with a tier 12 weapon looking down the mountain, those hit points won’t be a lot at all.
Just tried Xbox One X, good machine, horrible offline play, lack of service, no physical save back ups.

User Info: Pots_Togo

Pots_Togo
1 week ago#35
I've been in guiding lands for about 30 hours now, and have only gotten 2 upgrades that have increased my damage output about 5%

It's getting boring again. I've gotten normal monsters down to 7-10 mins, but now apex are showing up and were starting the cycle all over again. Back to 20 min kills on s*** I dont even want to be killing.

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
1 week ago#36
30 minutes? I'm straight up bad and I still haven't got a hunt that long and I'm up to Narga. More than 30 minutes? That seems rather excessive.

I was actually surprised I downed Coral Pukei Pukei and Nightshade Paolumu as fast as I did. Less than 15 on both, I think.

User Info: Bloody-skies

Bloody-skies
1 week ago#37
They are a bit bloated even comparing g rank to others monsters still went down faster then this game to be clear tho im talking bout multiplayer solo i feel is more or less fine
Stagnation is hopes remains.
Psn-Cloudsofmadness

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#38
roxlimn posted...
Nightshade Paolumu as fast as I did. Less than 15

Found the person who reads strategy guides before even trying the fight himself first.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
1 week ago#39
Rhiethreal posted...
Found the person who reads strategy guides before even trying the fight himself first.

LOL. Who would that be? I don't trust strategy guides. Hell, I don't even build meta sets. I build my own.

User Info: Ghannos

Ghannos
1 week ago#40
Guiding Lands monsters have a metric s*** ton of HP. I think it's definitely too much yeah.

Your time on regular hunts does not apply.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp
  • Topic Archived