• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp

User Info: NidhoggrG

NidhoggrG
4 days ago#201
valikkster posted...
I've played G rank in previous games. Those games had progression, MHW doesn't. Is it augments fault? Probably. Does this alleviate the issue? No.

It is not a progression problem, the previous 2 Monster Hunters (4U and GU) had weaker G rank monsters, with less HP, and that is why you were able to enjoy them more, simple as that. For me, those were boring to fight. Almost like HR fights. The fun started with the endgame of those games.

I preffer Icebornes G rank by a mile. Much more interesting and challenging from start. That was the point of a G rank in the pre-Nintendo Monster Hunters. For example... to name an early monster. In older games, fighting the G rank Barioth was a chore, almost the same as HR, with maybe a couple of new moves, and that was it. In Iceborne he is in another level. Same for the sub species. The longer it takes to kill them, the better. Its more fun to me.
(edited 4 days ago)
roxlimn posted...
30 minutes? I'm straight up bad and I still haven't got a hunt that long and I'm up to Narga. More than 30 minutes? That seems rather excessive.

I was actually surprised I downed Coral Pukei Pukei and Nightshade Paolumu as fast as I did. Less than 15 on both, I think.
I’d be curious to hear how fast you handle a particular double element elder dragon.

I would otherwise agree with you, but the second to last hunt in the game is something else.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: cooolio

cooolio
4 days ago#203
NidhoggrG posted...

It is not a progression problem, the previous 2 Monster Hunters (4U and GU) had weaker G rank monsters, with less HP, and that is why you were able to enjoy them more, simple as that.

No. Early game just spoiled people.
Life is neither cruel nor precious. Some people are just born in pain others either walk in it or wield it.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp
  • Post New Message