• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp

User Info: potatocharlie

potatocharlie
1 week ago#21
I don't mind the longer fights. I like a scrap.

But forcing the Clutch Claw is a burdensome game mechanic since it doesn't have very useful indicators and can end up making you take additional damage rather than helping.

Also, MR is mostly just bad hit boxes, high speed monsters and bloated health.

It isn't all bad. The cutscenes, stories, new additions are really cool. But it's like they're struggling to find balance.
Hi. I'm Potato Charlie.

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
1 week ago#22
potatocharlie posted...
I don't mind the longer fights. I like a scrap.

But forcing the Clutch Claw is a burdensome game mechanic since it doesn't have very useful indicators and can end up making you take additional damage rather than helping.

It isn't all bad. The cutscenes, stories, new additions are really cool. But it's like they're struggling to find balance.

This.

The CC is a gimmick, not a dynamic fight element.

I have noticed extremely bad hitboxes, especially with explosions or ice attacks. Shrieking Legis ice attacks are the size of a football field and hit you before you see them.

Also, an enraged monster who does nothing for 4 minutes but run from one end of the arena to the other with its entire body as a hitbox is not good MH, especially when in a group and flinch values are 8x. Tigrex gets a pass here cuz it's thematically his thing.

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
1 week ago#23
potatocharlie posted...

You think the hitboxes in this game are bad? Lmao.

Never touched a 1st or 2nd gen MH game I take it?
^.^

valikkster
1 week ago#24
Icewitch posted...

Everyone is tired of this non argument.

Yes, previous MH had bad hitboxes. MHW has better hitboxes.

They're still bad. The hitboxes in this game are bad.

All you do with non arguments like this is further disincentive players from playing previous installments.

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
1 week ago#25
Icewitch posted...
potatocharlie posted...

Oh my god lol

Hip Check PTSD
Now on Instagram! Find me under ally_jay_arts
PSN: FF7_Lissy

User Info: SacredDarkness

SacredDarkness
1 week ago#26
It's really something to be said when you get these topics crying about monsters not dying in 1-2 minutes.. "wahhh! i can't speed run and kill everything in 2 minutes, bad game! no no no!"

What in the f*** would be the point in master or G rank if they could go down as easily as High rank? Maybe this game is just to hard for you.

I find no enjoyment in joining a game and it's dead before i even get there. who the f*** enjoys that. or starting a group and bam, 1 minute it's dead. yeah, real fun game.

Maybe stick to fortnite.

valikkster
1 week ago#27
SacredDarkness posted...
It's really something to be said when you get these topics crying about monsters not dying in 1-2 minutes.. "wahhh! i can't speed run and kill everything in 2 minutes, bad game! no no no!"

What in the f*** would be the point in master or G rank if they could go down as easily as High rank? Maybe this game is just to hard for you.

I find no enjoyment in joining a game and it's dead before i even get there. who the f*** enjoys that. or starting a group and bam, 1 minute it's dead. yeah, real fun game.

Maybe stick to fortnite.

There's a difference between a 2 minute dedicated speedrun and a half hour or more casual run across difficulty levels. I agree that hints shouldn't be super short. But going on half an hour to kill a monster for the first half of IB because there literally isn't any gear that gives you a substantial damage increase from base game weapons is stupid. 15 minutes, for decent play without carts should be the target. 20 to 30 minutes for every monster up until Tigrex is just poor pacing.

User Info: SacredDarkness

SacredDarkness
1 week ago#28
valikkster posted...
SacredDarkness posted...

Maybe stick to fortnite.

There's a difference between a 2 minute dedicated speedrun and a half hour or more casual run across difficulty levels. I agree that hints shouldn't be super short. But going on half an hour to kill a monster for the first half of IB because there literally isn't any gear that gives you a substantial damage increase from base game weapons is stupid. 15 minutes, for decent play without carts should be the target. 20 to 30 minutes for every monster up until Tigrex is just poor pacing.

Well it just means you need better gear and decos, right now iceborne is still new, so optimized sets, and the final endgame gear isn't out yet. so we're going to take longer runs, they will reduce in time as better gear and sets, etc emerge, but people expecting enemies to go down in a few minutes, especially. i assume they are still using their now outdated gear sets with the decos and augments they won't want to let go while still at M rank 10 and above are the main ones complaining. gear has changed, it's time to update.

This is on par with how transitioning to low and high rank was, if you still had low rank sets, you would be taking much longer to kill high ranks untill you got your gear up to speed.

User Info: ilikefords

ilikefords
1 week ago#29
jesseCheech posted...
@ronaldjenkees

When are you making a new keyboard video.
R6 Rider //// Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
"Bloodbourne....Its a Dynasty Warriors ripp off trying to hard." - Spacefrisian

valikkster
1 week ago#30
SacredDarkness posted...
Well it just means you need better gear and decos, right now iceborne is still new, so optimized sets, and the final endgame gear isn't out yet. so we're going to take longer runs, they will reduce in time as better gear and sets, etc emerge, but people expecting enemies to go down in a few minutes, especially. i assume they are still using their now outdated gear sets with the decos and augments they won't want to let go while still at M rank 10 and above are the main ones complaining. gear has changed, it's time to update.

This is on par with how transitioning to low and high rank was, if you still had low rank sets, you would be taking much longer to kill high ranks untill you got your gear up to speed.

I agree with you. My complaint isn't the HP count itself, it's the fact that R6-9 augmented weapons are better than 100% of R9 weapons and 90% of R10 weapons.

I mean call augments a mistake or "not like the old days" or whatever, but if they're going to IMMEDIATELY, on release, push almost two whole HIGHER RARITY weapon tiers into obsolescence then they need to initially deflate monster HP to compensate, or face criticism.

They chose criticism. Somehow, MH vets can't wrap their heads around this. And their only response is "hurr buT tHe MunsTErs haD hIgH hp iN GRenK!".

I've played G rank in previous games. Those games had progression, MHW doesn't. Is it augments fault? Probably. Does this alleviate the issue? No.

It is stupid to think that the most efficient and painless way for a new non endgame geared hunter to get to narga in IB is to get MR jagras armor for defense, and kill ATEDs and behemoth for gear. Lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp
  • Topic Archived