• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 week ago#191
Eh, MP scaled monsters in previous games were more like SP scaled monsters anyway.

User Info: CrazedCavalier

CrazedCavalier
1 week ago#192
DeanDandylion posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...
You mean it was made easier, not more accessible.

I've been getting back into GU the past few days, and its insane how true this statement is. I was playing lance last night, and the hit box on the thing is literally the size of the tip, unlike in World where the most sloppy aiming will result in hits. GU demands so much more precision and skill to place attacks, as well as so much better timing and monster knowledge to counter and block effectively.

Hunters feel almost godlike in terms of capability in World, while monsters seem so much slower, less aggressive, and roar happy. These two aspects combine to create something of a steamroll experience in World that, at least for me, seems to have made me a worse hunter. It's taken some actual effort and time to stop sucking and to git gud again.

In light of this, I think we need to see IB's sales figures and retention rates before we draw conclusions about the future trajectory of the MH series. Last I saw, fewer than 50% of the PS4 install base beat Xeno. It's feasible that far fewer will make it through IB, especially with it being more in line with older MH. World's main game did not prepare people for such levels of demand. It's quite probable that, as Caroniver said, that no future title will do gangbusters like World did because of this, which is the main problem with casualization and trying to capture a wider audience. Such lengths typically only harm a series and alienate the devoted playerbase while the casuals just move onto the next big thing, leaving behind a watered down version of what was once great without that wider audience and with the core following disenchanted.

Loosely related, but IIRC the first or second achievement that popped up for me in Iceborne had all of a 2% completion rate. And I got Iceborne a day after release.

So there's the falloff of the Xbox playerbase right there.
Until this site's servers mysteriously burst into flames and everything is lost... there will always be suffering.

User Info: RatchetClankO

RatchetClankO
1 week ago#193
LonelyGaruga posted...
Savage Jho SA

Zinogre+ α
Kushala+ β
Shara Ishvalda+ β
Acidic Glavenus+ β
Yian Garuga+ β
Razor Sharp/Spare Shot Charm

Critical Eye 7
Handicraft 5
Critical Boost 3
Weakness Exploit 3
Power Prolonger 2
Razor Sharp/Spare Shot 1

Quite a bit of room for improvement.

Thank you!

That Shara's bracers looks hella strong.

User Info: fireemblemomega

fireemblemomega
1 week ago#194
MetalGearDogma posted...
My first brachydios took roughly 25 minutes to capture. With full Tigrex Gear and Rex LS.

My opinion?
This feels like old Monster Hunter. Every fight is like a dance between life and death. My first battle with Glavenus was super intense. And the Tigrex fight a constant hunt for openings and opportunities to strike.

The last fight that gave me this feeling was AT Nergigante. But he took only 16 minutes to kill

I love Master Rank. I love G rank.
Even unfair BS like those two black Gravios in one Quest in mhfu (this quest took me like 48 minutes but DAMN this was worth it!)
You deserve a medal for the twin Black Gravios fight. As does anyone who also (not exclusively mind) defeated Twin Green Plesioth
I still can't care. Like, I suppose I could try, but like FE Echoes' writing, that would take effort.

User Info: Zoldarr

Zoldarr
1 week ago#195
_TSC_ posted...
Zoldarr posted...
The longer the better. I got sick of killing monsters fast.
f*** speed running I want to play. This is a game after all.

Just because you killed Nerg in 5minutes doesn't make it a fast run lol

No this is not about that. In Monster Hunter 3 U monsters were dying too fast. the best fight in that game was the DLC Lagiacrus, because it took forever to die, and it can 1 hit cart you.We needed more monsters like that Lagiacrus. and we have a bit of that here.

It's boring when monsters die fast.

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 week ago#196
That is a terrible basis for what makes a monster good.

User Info: CrazedCavalier

CrazedCavalier
1 week ago#197
Zoldarr posted...
_TSC_ posted...
Zoldarr posted...

No this is not about that. In Monster Hunter 3 U monsters were dying too fast. the best fight in that game was the DLC Lagiacrus, because it took forever to die, and it can 1 hit cart you.We needed more monsters like that Lagiacrus. and we have a bit of that here.

Never put this guy in charge of designing a game.
Until this site's servers mysteriously burst into flames and everything is lost... there will always be suffering.

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
1 week ago#198
Zoldarr posted...
_TSC_ posted...
Zoldarr posted...

So because you are either trolling or just plain misinformed you've decided to change the definition of boring from "an activity that you don't find stimulating" Into "A fight in a video game that takes less then a bare minimum of 35 minutes regardless of skill".

Yeah...that ain't it chief.

HP should far and away be in the back of you're mind when designing a tough monster. One shot kills shouldn't even be considered unless its a critical failure state like Behemoth super meteor or a mega laser beam that has an obvious tell.

Level 16 generations or level 6 generation ultimate deviants should probably be the maxed any enemy should receive in HP. Hp does not make a fight good in any capacity. Jhen, Zorah, and super dlc monsters are all examples of that regardless if you got a kick out of them or not.

If you are gonna bump up the HP of a monster, how many opportunities you can smack a monster with a successful evades should be an important factor in the design like Duramboros, and Rajang. Polar opposites in design but loved by many.

Making monsters just balls of HP with numerous one shots just makes the fights garbage. Like Leshen, a monster I've fought 8 times and won 6 of 8. My two failures came from not using a Lunastra healing party set to auto heal everyone to prevent team wipes. This required spamming potions and running to my item box for more heals twice per hunt. Garbage design.

If 20% of monsters were built like that the game would be a complete waste of money. Acidic Glavenous and Fulgur Anjanath are a step in the right direction. Bump up the stats a little for the sake of difficulty, but put new attacks, tactics and animations at the forefront of content. Not one shot kills.

User Info: Zoldarr

Zoldarr
1 week ago#199
Wow you new generations of gamers are weak.

I'm not even gonna waste time debating.

User Info: cooolio

cooolio
1 week ago#200
digidevilwil posted...

Meta can be way more than damage, though yes the damage meta is really popular in MHW.

Any meta build in monster hunter is geared towards doing the most damage. To be specific, this meta is the critical meta, like in generations and generations ultimate. Dell

The meta can vary a bit between weapons and monsters. For example, tremor resistance would be incorporated in builds for Deviljho in past games in order to have openings during his stomp. The same goes for HG earplugs in order to attack during roars. Depending on how armors and slots are handled, there may be little variety in what armor is used.

digidevilwil posted...

Even watching speedrunning channels right now. The amount of time it takes them to kill a monster even when they are playing so cleanly is insane. Their speedrun times are looking like the time it takes for a average or below group of players to clear a quest, and it's like, there is so much stuff to grind in this game compared to the base game, so it's like dang man. Maybe in a while when everyone gets their builds together it will be alright, but sometimes I start fighting a monster and I'm like man, this isn't gonna end anytime soon and it's not going to be any real challenge either lol.

Hopefully. Like i said, it's about that dps, as well as skill.
Life is neither cruel nor precious. Some people are just born in pain others either walk in it or wield it.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp
  • Topic Archived