• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
1 week ago#181
Panthera posted...
Hey, if I could plan back in 2001 to make this account solely so I could come in and gaslight the innocent people of this world into thinking it was possible to realize Nightshade Paolumu would use sleep, surely you could have planned it out in 2005

You're talking to a guy who lives in his own world and will use terrible logic to make a point no one was aiming for.

I know you know that though, but I'll be honest that I'm amazed at how I can go away from a board for almost a year and see virtually no change in him.

This was post #163 btw, typed it up a bit hastily since I was in-game.
Purification in progress...
https://i.imgur.com/8Zp8mR4.png

User Info: Geostigma_Cloud

Geostigma_Cloud
1 week ago#182
New world players didn’t know how good they had it....Now Capcom about to son them.

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
1 week ago#183
cooolio posted...
digidevilwil posted...

You can make the Narga set by MR3 which is insanely strong pierce LBG set, and has great stagger potential. You can make high defense builds with MR1 pieces that allow you to take so little damage that you can't even realistically die. You have a lot of this build flexibility that is non existent at the beginning of MHW. Also all weapons have high sharpness. Not having to sharpen your weapon is a game changer. Maybe meta isn't the best word, but you can construct actual builds with actual purpose immediately in Iceborne, and tbh they might not be too far off from meta in the long run.

Meta builds are the most optimal most sets that provide the most dps potential against a monster. A high survivability build or purpose specific build doesn't fit this. Prior to iceborne, it was easier to reach 100% affinity with how WE and Maximum might worked and just with how it is much easier to stack skills in comparison to previous games. Drachen was the meta prior to iceborne

From what i gather, no one has reached the point that they have begun to fully optimize their sets. When people reach the point where they have the most efficient damage dealing builds, that will be the meta. Damage is what makes hunts take less time.

Meta can be way more than damage, though yes the damage meta is really popular in MHW. All in all my original point is that the health does feel bloated, and it's not a challenging type of health bloat either, because you have so much more build potential out the gate here, which at the very least highly enhances your survivability and that the monsters even when it seems like they are staggering and breaking a lot, that never really reflects in the time it takes to kill them. It makes your attacks feel like they are lacking impact even though the monster is reeling quite often throughout the fight.

Even watching speedrunning channels right now. The amount of time it takes them to kill a monster even when they are playing so cleanly is insane. Their speedrun times are looking like the time it takes for a average or below group of players to clear a quest, and it's like, there is so much stuff to grind in this game compared to the base game, so it's like dang man. Maybe in a while when everyone gets their builds together it will be alright, but sometimes I start fighting a monster and I'm like man, this isn't gonna end anytime soon and it's not going to be any real challenge either lol.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 week ago#184
It's still a bit early, but if we're talking about speedrunners, this is the first TA wiki rule speedrun of a quest that's been uploaded on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6lx89CDWcM

Looks fine to me.

User Info: Zoldarr

Zoldarr
1 week ago#185
The longer the better. I got sick of killing monsters fast.
f*** speed running I want to play. This is a game after all.

and it's not like it's as long as other tedious MMORPGS ( Cough FF14)

User Info: KCGemini

KCGemini
1 week ago#186
LonelyGaruga posted...
It's still a bit early, but if we're talking about speedrunners, this is the first TA wiki rule speedrun of a quest that's been uploaded on YT.

Looks fine to me.

Thank you Garuga.

I'm thinking about trying my hand against a few monsters eventually, but I only want to play under the TA rules this time.
Purification in progress...
https://i.imgur.com/8Zp8mR4.png

User Info: RatchetClankO

RatchetClankO
1 week ago#187
LonelyGaruga posted...

Looks fine to me.

I would love to know what he's using.

User Info: _TSC_

_TSC_
1 week ago#188
Zoldarr posted...
The longer the better. I got sick of killing monsters fast.
f*** speed running I want to play. This is a game after all.

Just because you killed Nerg in 5minutes doesn't make it a fast run lol

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 week ago#189
RatchetClankO posted...
I would love to know what he's using.

Savage Jho SA

Zinogre+ α
Kushala+ β
Shara Ishvalda+ β
Acidic Glavenus+ β
Yian Garuga+ β
Razor Sharp/Spare Shot Charm

Critical Eye 7
Handicraft 5
Critical Boost 3
Weakness Exploit 3
Power Prolonger 2
Razor Sharp/Spare Shot 1

Quite a bit of room for improvement.

User Info: CrazedCavalier

CrazedCavalier
1 week ago#190
valikkster posted...
triablos posted...
Anyone saying "this is how it's always been" is talking out of their ass.

G rank fights in 4U took around 10 mins or less on average with 4 players. I soloed the entirety of 3U and my average fight timer was around 25 minutes solo versus multiplayer scaled monsters. And I'm not god like hunter or anything.

The HP in iceborne definitely seems a bit excessive,with 4 player hunts taking at least 20 mins which is a massive inflation from older titles.

This.
Until this site's servers mysteriously burst into flames and everything is lost... there will always be suffering.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp
  • Topic Archived