• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#161
triablos posted...

Right, except they've scaled up instead of down. Pre-iceborne, solo fights against solo HP monsters is around 10 minutes. What they should've done is scale the monster HP for iceborne so no matter how many people there are, the average time is also around 10 minutes which is an adequate quest length and tried and tested (through previous titles).

They seem to have given the monsters more HP to make the fights more "difficult" instead of increasing their attack, so it turns out that these master rank monsters do absymal damage. The balance should have been giving the monsters less HP (than what they have now) but increase their damage output. Glavenus for example tickles with everything except the 360 slash.

I agree that they overdid the HP a bit (at least on early MR stuff), just that the comparison to "multiplayer scaling" in the older games is misleading since in the old games, 99% of G rank was "multiplayer scaled" and the HP was only around 30% higher than the solo stuff, while in World 4 player scaling is like 250% more HP.
Meow!

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
1 week ago#162
ineedsearch posted...
Panthera posted...
digidevilwil posted...
And the gear you had was even weaker than the monsters you fought. In Iceborne you can make meta tier game almost immediately where as that wasn't even close to a possibility in MHW. So yeah Iceborne monsters are "stronger" but the gear possibilities are "even stronger" mitigating whatever challenge the iceborne monsters are possibly supposed to have.

What is this "meta tier gear" you make right away in Iceborne that lets you stun lock every monster almost perfectly for hunts that end in two or three minutes?

I think he has the games mixed up

You can make the Narga set by MR3 which is insanely strong pierce LBG set, and has great stagger potential. You can make high defense builds with MR1 pieces that allow you to take so little damage that you can't even realistically die. You have a lot of this build flexibility that is non existent at the beginning of MHW. Also all weapons have high sharpness. Not having to sharpen your weapon is a game changer. Maybe meta isn't the best word, but you can construct actual builds with actual purpose immediately in Iceborne, and tbh they might not be too far off from meta in the long run.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.
(message deleted)

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
1 week ago#164
That is how trolls work
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired

User Info: scorpio man

scorpio man
1 week ago#165
Icewitch posted...
15 minutes is too long for you? Good lord. You'd have given up on G-Rank in any other MH. Especially if you had to solo.

Playing devils advocate here but this isnt past MH games, it was made more accessible for a reason and thus gained their biggest/fastest sales to date.

Screech if you must
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 week ago#166
You mean it was made easier, not more accessible.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#167
scorpio man posted...
Icewitch posted...
15 minutes is too long for you? Good lord. You'd have given up on G-Rank in any other MH. Especially if you had to solo.

Playing devils advocate here but this isnt past MH games, it was made more accessible for a reason and thus gained their biggest/fastest sales to date.

Screech if you must

I mostly agree with this. The story missions for iceborne should not have this much health. I personally like the extra health, but it makes sense to save it for the end game and post game stuff. Casuals just want to see the story. The more core players will stick around after that.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: cooolio

cooolio
1 week ago#168
TrueArchery posted...
Nice meme, but honestly that quest - I assume you talk about the chaos oil unlocking one - isn't even that bad. They're a bit annoying but that's it, just use what you have at your disposal. Plus plenty of people know silverlos well enough due to farming him a lot - crit meta.

I didn't play Gen but heard that its version of that quest was more tough due to relatively higher stats than the g rank one.

Like put the fatty gx events in this game, then we can talk about struggling.

I can imagine that it sucks with people who have no idea what they are doing.
Life is neither cruel nor precious. Some people are just born in pain others either walk in it or wield it.

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
1 week ago#169
scorpio man posted...
gained their biggest/fastest sales to date

Because of advertisements. World got a full ad campaign outside of Japan, and was announced at E3, one of the biggest gaming showcases in the Western World. I cannot stress enough that World isn't the best-selling Monster Hunter game in Japan.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#170
Caroniver posted...
scorpio man posted...
gained their biggest/fastest sales to date

Because of advertisements. World got a full ad campaign outside of Japan, and was announced at E3, one of the biggest gaming showcases in the Western World. I cannot stress enough that World isn't the best-selling Monster Hunter game in Japan.

Do you think Capcom cares? Gaming is becoming less popular in Japan, and World was the best selling game in company history.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp
  • Topic Archived