• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
1 week ago#11
Icewitch posted...
15 minutes is too long for you? Good lord. You'd have given up on G-Rank in any other MH. Especially if you had to solo.

One horned Diablos in mhfu

When he finally fell I had 20 seconds left
Hardest hunt I ever had in any monhun game
Now on Instagram! Find me under ally_jay_arts
PSN: FF7_Lissy

User Info: DaDrkKnight

DaDrkKnight
1 week ago#12
MetalGearDogma posted...
Icewitch posted...
15 minutes is too long for you? Good lord. You'd have given up on G-Rank in any other MH. Especially if you had to solo.

Not to mention the wonky hitboxes that made things worse. Superman dive was a huge lifesaver in that game
I'm going to hee-ho down your neck.
I'm kidding. Maybe.

User Info: Canadiangamer81

Canadiangamer81
1 week ago#13
im not good at monster hunter but I know that having the right equipment and weapon that can do any quest is easily how you win

User Info: jesseCheech

jesseCheech
1 week ago#14
@ronaldjenkees

When are you making a new keyboard video.
PSN: F1R3PHO3N1X
Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
1 week ago#15
DaDrkKnight posted...
MetalGearDogma posted...
Icewitch posted...

Not to mention the wonky hitboxes that made things worse. Superman dive was a huge lifesaver in that game

Pellet hbg absolutely annihilated diablos didn't it?

User Info: Your_Mom

Your_Mom
1 week ago#16
IIIPowerIII posted...
Haha all the MHW babies that want to keep their 5min max run...

Welcome to MH, it's always been like that for GRank, that's the endgame, yes they have more HP, it last longer and?

That's the point of the game, hunt and make gear. Why do you want to have everything maxed so quickly?

Summed up succinctly, obvious from the clamor for something more than the 2 minute trash of world’s early game put to bed the nonsense that was catering to cauals.

While there is much more they can do, this is at minimum a decent start.

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 week ago#17
ineedsearch posted...
Pellet hbg absolutely annihilated diablos didn't it?

Demon King Diablos had stats higher than GR Diablos at only HR (and it was village HR), and the GR event one (MHP2G exclusive) was even stronger than that. HBG Pellet or not (Bow was actually the best way to fight Diablos btw), it still took a long time.

That said, GR hunts are usually 15-20 minutes playing casually in most cases. Longer than 20 and you've got room for improvement. MHFU Ukanlos doesn't take me much longer than 25 at worst playing casually, and that thing has over twice the HP of any regular GR monster.

User Info: KingofDungPie

KingofDungPie
1 week ago#18
ronaldjenkees posted...
When joining a random Guiding Lands session. It has been taking my groups a good 15-20+ minutes to kill a monster and that is only if the others are decently geared. Perhaps they may have overtuned the hp. If it keeps up like this the game will become way too grindy and people are going to lose interest quickly. They either have to increase the rewards for defeating monsters or lower the hp. The time spent is not worth the reward currently. There was a similar game that was like this on release Diablo 3 and it took forever for that game to recover. Hopefully they patch this.

Is guiding lands multiplayer focused? I’ve just been carting twice at the start of hunts to activate fortify and reduce hunting times. The extra attack boost helps in dealing with the bloated hp.
"chainstabbing me to death about ten times, laughing and talking s*** the whole time as if anybody should be impressed by his capacity to press R1."

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
1 week ago#19
How is inflated to compensate for the clutch claw.
That said 15-25 mins for a hunt is fine by me.

Once people gear up and use the clutch claw better it will be a lot quicker.

User Info: AtomicArtumas

AtomicArtumas
1 week ago#20
My first narga solo was sub-10.
My average run with people that actually know what they're doing (...mostly hr999 japanese players, but the occasional english speaking person or lower HR person that obviously moved to GU like I did) is like, 12 minutes. Pretty much regardless of what we're fighting. And half of these people are still running sub-optimal weapons, whether it's early MR upgrades or even still HR weapons.

I'm in MR5*. This is still true. The only thing that takes any more time than that is Glavenus, because seemingly everyone still sucks at him. Despite you know, the entire generations end-game basically revolving around hellblade...

Gitting gud, actually utilizing your new tools (like the entire team actually clutch clawing rather than 1 or 2 people) and actually using good sets designed to work with IB's balance changes make a huge difference.
Of course times are going to be absurdly long when everyone is for some reason running raw DB builds and elemental GS builds that aren't even good against the monster you're fighting for some reason.
I'm a top level gamer. Do. Fail. Retry. Never give up.
SMM2 Maker ID: 398-MW7-XFF
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp
  • Topic Archived