• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp

User Info: ronaldjenkees

ronaldjenkees
6 days ago#1
When joining a random Guiding Lands session. It has been taking my groups a good 15-20+ minutes to kill a monster and that is only if the others are decently geared. Perhaps they may have overtuned the hp. If it keeps up like this the game will become way too grindy and people are going to lose interest quickly. They either have to increase the rewards for defeating monsters or lower the hp. The time spent is not worth the reward currently. There was a similar game that was like this on release Diablo 3 and it took forever for that game to recover. Hopefully they patch this.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
6 days ago#2
"Master Rank"
MHW Supplemental Discord: https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
https://imgur.com/QL6WJAl https://imgur.com/lGlcDyU

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
6 days ago#3
I hope not.

When killing an elder dragon 2 minutes is considered slow, you know the game have a problem.

The example of diablo 3 is awful, because happens the same there if you tackle a Tempest you cant handle well.

Diablo 3 is balanced for 15 minutes GR that is more or less what you say it takes to down a monster.
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.

User Info: kanon951

kanon951
6 days ago#4
ronaldjenkees posted...
When joining a random Guiding Lands session. It has been taking my groups a good 15-20+ minutes to kill a monster and that is only if the others are decently geared. Perhaps they may have overtuned the hp. If it keeps up like this the game will become way too grindy and people are going to lose interest quickly. They either have to increase the rewards for defeating monsters or lower the hp. The time spent is not worth the reward currently. There was a similar game that was like this on release Diablo 3 and it took forever for that game to recover. Hopefully they patch this.

What are the current rewards? There are no significant upgrades materials for the armor and weapons?

User Info: novelaa

novelaa
6 days ago#5
fornite forum is that way

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
6 days ago#6
My first brachydios took roughly 25 minutes to capture. With full Tigrex Gear and Rex LS.

My opinion?
This feels like old Monster Hunter. Every fight is like a dance between life and death. My first battle with Glavenus was super intense. And the Tigrex fight a constant hunt for openings and opportunities to strike.

The last fight that gave me this feeling was AT Nergigante. But he took only 16 minutes to kill

I love Master Rank. I love G rank.
Even unfair BS like those two black Gravios in one Quest in mhfu (this quest took me like 48 minutes but DAMN this was worth it!)
Now on Instagram! Find me under ally_jay_arts
PSN: FF7_Lissy
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: IIIPowerIII

IIIPowerIII
6 days ago#7
Haha all the MHW babies that want to keep their 5min max run...

Welcome to MH, it's always been like that for GRank, that's the endgame, yes they have more HP, it last longer and?

That's the point of the game, hunt and make gear. Why do you want to have everything maxed so quickly?

User Info: RobertWuzHere

RobertWuzHere
6 days ago#8
Yeah HP is a little bloated. Like i enjoy long hunts but I'd be lying if i said some of the hunts didn't just drag on. Which is fine for hunts but just tedious for others. I think part of the problem is that tripping monsters doesn't happen as frequently so that burst damage doesn't happen.

So combine a large health pool with monsters who move frequently and...that sums up what to expect in Iceborne.

User Info: DaDrkKnight

DaDrkKnight
6 days ago#9
The HP is defnitely bloated compared to previous titles, but generally MR hunts do last longer. Once you fully upgrade weapons I'm certain it'll be easier. People probably won't reliably make that 5-10 minute run anymore but, well...you can always go back to LR and beat it in 30 seconds I guess huehuehuheuhe
I'm going to hee-ho down your neck.
I'm kidding. Maybe.

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
6 days ago#10
15 minutes is too long for you? Good lord. You'd have given up on G-Rank in any other MH. Especially if you had to solo.
^.^
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Okay maybe the monsters have a bit too much hp
  • Post New Message