• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.

User Info: jesseCheech

jesseCheech
4 days ago#91
thetraveler posted...
jesseCheech posted...
So essentially you're saying you can't play without other players?
I can, but when I hit a wall and smash my head into it for hours, I call it.

But you said you didn't even try to fight Velkhana solo
PSN: F1R3PHO3N1X
Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
4 days ago#92
jesseCheech posted...
But you said you didn't even try to fight Velkhana solo
I never said I didn't. Velkhana is the only story mission, other than f***ing Lunastra, that I tried once and then called it.
I like the cut of your jib.

jesseCheech
4 days ago#93
Yikes

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
4 days ago#94
thetraveler posted...
I always SoS the story missions, because f*** that nonsense. The faster I get this story shenanigans done, the faster I can do what monster hunter is all about, hunt monsters.

You get so triggered by a 45 second to 1 minute cut scene that you immediately SOS after being given the privilege to hunt a monster for the first time uninterrupted.

thetraveler posted...
I got screwed for the last cart because instant ice breath multiple times.

You don't know enough about said monster to tell what attacks are and you call their moves instant.

thetraveler posted...
The second time I popped the sos, it got done. All this done in roughly the same amount of time it would have taken me to solo this, thing, and other people got it done.

You are so bad offline that you can fail a quest online and do it again and succeed on the second attempt long before you ever would of soloed it.

thetraveler posted...
GS allows me to hit and defend but I spend a lot of time defending and not hitting.

Cant use the GS well.
thetraveler posted...
after i popped the sos, I just waited a few minutes for people to join.

And you leach off others instead of having the skill to get a head start on the monster before they arrive. And by second fight I assume you mean the one where you defend Seliana for seven minutes? Not even kill the thing....

I would never ask you for help. My cat and a tail rider would get more done. I guess my mentality comes from soloing everything the first time with 1 or less carts and having a 3/5 success rate online due to random carts. But calling an SOS on attempt 1 is plain garbage. Taking 45 minutes to kill something offline is also bad. You can farcaster and and temporal mantle through anything. Don't even get me started on how you can trip Valkhana when in ice form and cripple him for several seconds.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: sockrox

sockrox
4 days ago#95
I am pretty sure @JesseCheech is a scrub that just likes to talk tough on Gamefaqs lol

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
4 days ago#96
ALEXx7UP posted...
You get so triggered by a 45 second to 1 minute cut scene that you immediately SOS after being given the privilege to hunt a monster for the first time uninterrupted.

You don't know enough about said monster to tell what attacks are and you call their moves instant.

You are so bad offline that you can fail a quest online and do it again and succeed on the second attempt long before you ever would of soloed it.

Cant use the GS well.

And you leach off others instead of having the skill to get a head start on the monster before they arrive. And by second fight I assume you mean the one where you defend Seliana for seven minutes? Not even kill the thing....

I would never ask you for help. My cat and a tail rider would get more done. I guess my mentality comes from soloing everything the first time with 1 or less carts and having a 3/5 success rate online due to random carts. But calling an SOS on attempt 1 is plain garbage. Taking 45 minutes to kill something offline is also bad. You can farcaster and and temporal mantle through anything. Don't even get me started on how you can trip Valkhana when in ice form and cripple him for several seconds.
I try to kill them solo at least once, maybe more if I enjoy the fight. Usually I can. When I can't, I take advantage of the MULTIPLAYER aspect of this game and get help. By your logic, the people who join are also bad at the game. How anyone can see getting help as a bad thing, I cannot fathom. I have definitely taken near the full time to kill monsters solo before, especially when I spend a lot of time avoiding attacks. Hello Jho. Never said I was some guru GS user. I'm decent and I enjoy using the weapon. I should mention that instead of trying to whack valkhana the second time as it was moving over narrow ledges, I waited. It wound up closer to a campsite meaning people would reach it sooner. Better to fight in an open area, or was that also a weak decision? I also do not have the temporal mantle. I think I have half of them. Definitely not that one or rocksteady. I skipped a lot s*** in the basegame when i came out and still managed to finish the story then. Never really saw the need to go back. Maybe I will. Also, you sound like some elitist prick the gaming community doesn't need.
I like the cut of your jib.
(edited 4 days ago)

jesseCheech
4 days ago#97
@thetraveler

I mean you're fine in my book because you own up to it.

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
4 days ago#98
I'll say that I'm also new to MH with World as my first. It never seemed to me to be strange for newbies to ask for help on story missions and farms they can't clear fast, or at all. I think there were arrangements like that IRL in prior games.

It's just online now, is all. I don't see a problem with it, and I've tried to do it several times.

LOL.

My main problem is that I've never had an SOS go well in the missions I needed it, so I end up soloing the monster anyway. LOL.

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
4 days ago#99
thetraveler posted...
I try to kill them solo at least once, maybe more if I enjoy the fight.

thetraveler posted...
I always SoS the story missions, because f*** that nonsense.

One of these statements is false. Pick one. thetraveler posted...
I take advantage of the MULTIPLAYER aspect of this game and get help. By your logic, the people who join are also bad at the game

What logic are you referring towards? Never said people who join online are bad. If I did you would of quoted that statement. I said:

"Ideally you should be able to solo in under two carts repeatedly. If you are going online to increase your successful hunt rates and not to kill it faster because you already know how to beat him, don't use multiplayer. Just SOS."

"SOS is for asking for help. Joining a hunt is for offering help. There are only three ways to fail a quest. Time outs, kill in a capture quest, and cart too many times. If you cart repeatedly you are not helping the host you joined. You are raising the difficulty."

"This has been made more true by the introduction of two player hp bars for monsters. So more dosen't equal better. Two out of four hunters being terrible in theory will take longer then just two solid players by themselves."

You responded with:

"I always SoS the story missions, because f*** that nonsense. The faster I get this story shenanigans done, the faster I can do what monster hunter is all about, hunt monsters."

For the rest of the context for our incredibly short conversation read post 94.
thetraveler posted...
How anyone can see getting help as a bad thing, I cannot fathom.

When the person helping lacks the intelligence or skill to aid the team without risking team failure he is no longer helping. Your statements imply that you SOS on every story mission (which introduces the new monsters) and after getting carried you immediately jump online to leach off others. I use the term leach to refer to you inability to use you weapon, and to differentiate what attacks monsters are using. So not only are you impatient. You are not a fast learner (which is okay as long as you don't rush content) I didn't even know you skipped out on a bunch of content in base would until you just said so which hurts your "im descent with GS" argument even more.

thetraveler posted...
I should mention that instead of trying to whack valkhana the second time as it was moving over narrow ledges, I waited. It wound up closer to a campsite meaning people would reach it sooner. Better to fight in an open area, or was that also a weak decision?
Waiting for a monster to move to a more favorable position is not poor gameplay. But you also said you can get two online quest done in the time it takes you to solo once. And it takes you hours to solo content.

thetraveler posted...
I can, but when I hit a wall and smash my head into it for hours, I call it.

But you also SOS on first attempts.

thetraveler posted...
I always SoS the story missions, because f*** that nonsense.

Your words cant be trusted.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: MHonlinehow

MHonlinehow
4 days ago#100
Dunno what all the fighting is about but... 100th post!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.
  • Post New Message