• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
1 week ago#81
jesseCheech posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
You should solo them more than once. At least 10, minimum, if you are good. If you suck against that monster increase that by multiples of 10.

This.

We're not trying to bully or anything. But if you join my hunt against a monster you're bad at because you're expecting an online team to do all the work for you just forget it. You're going to cart 3 times and waste everybodies time like a jerk. It's fine if you S.O.S. because I'd assume at that point you're having a hard time with the hunt.

Ideally you should be able to solo in under two carts repeatedly. If you are going online to increase your successful hunt rates and not to kill it faster because you already know how to beat him, dont use multiplayer. Just SOS.

SOS is for asking for help. Joining a hunt is for offering help. There are only three ways to fail a quest. Time outs, kill in a capture quest, and cart too many times. If you cart repeatedly you are not helping the host you joined. You are raising the difficulty.

This has been made more true by the introduction of two player hp bars for monsters. So more dosen't equal better. Two out of four hunters being terrible in theory will take longer then just two solid players by themselves.

User Info: jesseCheech

jesseCheech
1 week ago#82
The real problem though is the S.O.S. system itself.
It's the fastest and most efficient way to initiate an online hunt. When was the last time you posted and open hunt at the hub or whatever and was able to get a full team on que?
It's happened a grand total of probably like 3 times for me after 600ish hours of MHW.
S.O.S. is like throwing raw meat into a piranha pond.
PSN: F1R3PHO3N1X
Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 week ago#83
ALEXx7UP posted...
Ideally you should be able to solo in under two carts repeatedly. If you are going online to increase your successful hunt rates and not to kill it faster because you already know how to beat him, dont use multiplayer. Just SOS.

SOS is for asking for help. Joining a hunt is for offering help. There are only three ways to fail a quest. Time outs, kill in a capture quest, and cart too many times. If you cart repeatedly you are not helping the host you joined. You are raising the difficulty.

This has been made more true by the introduction of two player hp bars for monsters. So more dosen't equal better. Two out of four hunters being terrible in theory will take longer then just two solid players by themselves.
I always SoS the story missions, because f*** that nonsense. The faster I get this story shenanigans done, the faster I can do what monster hunter is all about, hunt monsters. I did that for the second velkhana story quest. 3 of the people who joined, all japanese names and all using longswords, carted to that pain in the ass dragon. PARTICLE EFFECTS, EVERYWHERE!!!! I got smart and slotted everything with ice defense jewels. Fun times. I got screwed for the last cart because instant ice breath multiple times. The second time I popped the sos, it got done. All this done in roughly the same amount of time it would have taken me to solo this, thing, and other people got it done. If I can help others to get a story quest done, I will.
I like the cut of your jib.

jesseCheech
1 week ago#84
thetraveler posted...
I always SoS the story missions, because f*** that nonsense. The faster I get this story shenanigans done, the faster I can do what monster hunter is all about, hunt monsters.

????????????????

User Info: Halectic

Halectic
1 week ago#85
To many people triple cart in 6 minutes wearing drachen at Velkana, once you get to that point you need MR armor unless you can never get hit.
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835

User Info: DaDrkKnight

DaDrkKnight
1 week ago#86
Has anybody kicked any leechers yet?
I'm going to hee-ho down your neck.
I'm kidding. Maybe.

thetraveler
1 week ago#87
jesseCheech posted...
????????????????
It is no fun spending the majority of your time rolling and blocking s***. I'm here to hit things. GS allows me to hit and defend but I spend a lot of time defending and not hitting. With that second velkhana fight, after i popped the sos, I just waited a few minutes for people to join.

jesseCheech
1 week ago#88
thetraveler posted...
jesseCheech posted...
????????????????
It is no fun spending the majority of your time rolling and blocking s***. I'm here to hit things. GS allows me to hit and defend but I spend a lot of time defending and not hitting. With that second velkhana fight, after i popped the sos, I just waited a few minutes for people to join.

So essentially you're saying you can't play without other players?

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
1 week ago#89
jesseCheech posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
You should solo them more than once. At least 10, minimum, if you are good. If you suck against that monster increase that by multiples of 10.

This.

We're not trying to bully or anything. But if you join my hunt against a monster you're bad at because you're expecting an online team to do all the work for you just forget it. You're going to cart 3 times and waste everybodies time like a jerk. Especially with these new endgame mobs. I'm probably not even going to play MP for a couple of months because I know for sure there's going to be nothing but cart central hunts for a while.

i main join investigations to farm parts better anyway the only monster i have carted or did bad at was kirin.

thetraveler
1 week ago#90
jesseCheech posted...
So essentially you're saying you can't play without other players?
I can, but when I hit a wall and smash my head into it for hours, I call it.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.
  • Topic Archived