• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.

User Info: mikssimi

mikssimi
1 week ago#61
Daily reminder that speed sharpen+protective polish solves the problem for most blade weapons and lets you build almost the same as drachen

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
1 week ago#62
didierre posted...
There is an alternative to Drachen in MR with Teostra pieces which have enough slots to make it look almost exactly the same as it was before, you're just being ignorant at this point.

There really shouldn't be an "alternative" in endgame MR to an endgame HR set but rather a real incentive to replace endgame HR with earlygame MR sets aside from "monsters do more damage but still less than tempered elders so don't bother if you're decent at the game"

Buff the monster damage like crazy in MR to really force you into MR armor with a massive defense jump, nerf the worst offenders in HR, anything

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#63
Teo being a decent replacement for Drachen is irrelevant because you can't even access when you first go into MR. There is a reason I am still running Drachen at like MR5.

winforlose posted...
I think the problem is that people are not considering the bigger picture. There is more to armor than crit skills and attack boost. Wide range is an excellent example.

Wide range sucks. They even made a new and improved version of life powder which further negates the need for WR.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
1 week ago#64
WR=passive healing to others when healing yourself, wide range astera jerky, etc.
Could get a kill of AT Luna half the time with randoms by using WR5+windproof HH..while still maintaining 100% crit with crit boost

winforlose posted...
I think the problem is that people are not considering the bigger picture. There is more to armor than crit skills and attack boost. Wide range is an excellent example.

A better way to put it is there is more to armor than damage as long as you don't compromise the crit skills

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
1 week ago#65
Damage is the best survivability tool.
More damage means more flinches and trips, and faster kills, thus less time that the monster can actually attack you.
The only defense you need is enough to not get one shot, because anything less than a one shot is taken care of by max potions.
Hence, Health Boost is really the only survivability skill that I'd say has value. Outside of special cases like heat guard and effluvium resistance I guess.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#66
Bananamatic posted...
Could get a kill of AT Luna half the time with randoms by using WR5+windproof HH..while still maintaining 100% crit with crit boost

I know. I made the set (or at least one on them), but it also relied on drachen. Less slots means every skill is a larger sacrifice.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: skylinefreek

skylinefreek
1 week ago#67
novelaa posted...
welcome to gamfaqs
people enjoying the game are playing it, not whining on the interwebz

This is false. There's lots of hours in a day where someone can be online and not able to play the game.
i7-6700k@4.4 I 16gb G.Skill DDR4-3200 I MSI GTX-1070 I Seasonic M12II 620W I Asrock z170M Extreme4 I Apevia X-QBER I 256GB m.2 SDD I 1TB HDD I

skylinefreek
1 week ago#68
Icewitch posted...
We could go back to MHFU where most sets dont even give you any skills without additional decorations.

Worldbabies are spoiled af.

Spoiled lol.

Capcom set the precedence on what is the most successful game in the series history.
i7-6700k@4.4 I 16gb G.Skill DDR4-3200 I MSI GTX-1070 I Seasonic M12II 620W I Asrock z170M Extreme4 I Apevia X-QBER I 256GB m.2 SDD I 1TB HDD I

skylinefreek
1 week ago#69
Halectic posted...
Bananamatic posted...
Icewitch posted...
We could go back to MHFU where most sets dont even give you any skills without additional decorations.

Worldbabies are spoiled af.

There is literally no reason to stop using Drachen unless it's getting you killed or you already have some seriously good lv4 decos, especially with the MR hp bloat
it's not being "spoiled", it's not wanting to downgrade your armor for arbitrary reasons and seeing all the new stuff already being useless

Use MR weapons and HP bloat is not a issue, in fact you can make a set better then drachen with charms now giving +4 stats, and rank 10 decorations giving +3 skills

No you can't. Link a set better or even equal to drachen in MR.

skylinefreek
1 week ago#70
jesseCheech posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
jesseCheech posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
Why are people so triggered by other players using optimal sets?
It's not their responsibility to entertain you with varied sets. They're there to kill the monster.

It's boring.

Not their problem. If you need to play with people using suboptimal sets so badly, then find some like-minded people. Don't b**** and moan at others to conform to your expectations.

I mean, it's also an indication of a bad hunter.
Most of the time a person running a cookie cutter optimal build can't think for themselves. People who can't think for themselves tend to suck at the game because, you know, they can't think.
They prioitize optimal builds because it's the only way to supplement how much they suck at the game.
Most of the time when I see someone running around with the "meta" builds or whatever I instantly know the team might be getting carts, and sure enough, it's always at least two and ALWAYS the "meta" man.

And if you don't run one of those sets you get called a scrub for having a "crap set".
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.
  • Topic Archived