• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.

User Info: Your_Mom

Your_Mom
1 week ago#51
Noisette posted...
jesseCheech posted...
I mean, it's also an indication of a bad hunter.
Most of the time a person running a cookie cutter optimal build can't think for themselves. People who can't think for themselves tend to suck at the game because, you know, they can't think.
They prioitize optimal builds because it's the only way to supplement how much they suck at the game.
Most of the time when I see someone running around with the "meta" builds or whatever I instantly know the team might be getting carts, and sure enough, it's always at least two and ALWAYS the "meta" man.
How does someone playing using the best possible equipment used by pros to quickly do speed runs = a bad hunter? By your logic people running around naked with LR weapons in MR must always be gods because they're using the exact opposite of the meta.

That’s because he’s the lazier version of the trash hard that mindlessly copys the meta sets, the always contrarian that just HAS to be the “edgy” tryhard that must even more mindlessly go against the grain logic and thinking be damned.

Easily spotted by poo pooing the meta without even offering the hint of a notion of a reason as to why so they can maintain that painfully thin veil of “wisdom” they factually despise.

Quite hilarious to see once you realize that a grown adult is basically using a two year old’s sense of logic.

User Info: Falsadoom

Falsadoom
1 week ago#52
The new armor is just creating new metas. You can still accomplish old ideas with different pieces. Often you will get more into your suits. I was bored with the old armor as you hit a wall, and once you know it all, that’s all you are going to get. Now we can use an old piece for a slight armor hit and make very personalized sets.
Just tried Xbox One X, good machine, horrible offline play, lack of service, no physical save back ups.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#53
Not even going to read the post, I just wanted to let you know the title made me laugh.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: gargar91

gargar91
1 week ago#54
Scryed posted...
novelaa posted...
welcome to gamfaqs
people enjoying the game are playing it, not whining on the interwebz

this

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
1 week ago#55
I thought "meta" means the general approach to builds, not copying the build 100% while anything else is "off-meta and bad"

Blademaster meta=100% crit, crit boost 3, master's touch, fill the rest as required with damage or survival
You can adjust these kinds of builds with different weapons/one non drachen piece to use wide range 5, health boost 3, evade extender/window while keeping the 3 above things but once you compromise crits in the process the dps goes down big time

User Info: Araito

Araito
1 week ago#56
You also have to remember that vanilla MHW didn’t have any super great stuff either, only after the AT and Drachen sets came out did it get ridiculous.

Drachen truly is one of the most OP sets in MH history, we were spoiled by it.
PSN: Scrub_Ryan

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
1 week ago#57
Araito posted...
You also have to remember that vanilla MHW didn’t have any super great stuff either, only after the AT and Drachen sets came out did it get ridiculous.

Drachen truly is one of the most OP sets in MH history, we were spoiled by it.

Spoiled sounds like that they removed the previous sets and people were now complaining that there isn't a drachen replacement...the issue is that drachen is still around making lots of MR sets obsolete on day 1, not that people want more sets like that

User Info: didierre

didierre
1 week ago#58
There is an alternative to Drachen in MR with Teostra pieces which have enough slots to make it look almost exactly the same as it was before, you're just being ignorant at this point.

And not all decorations have been found, who knows maybe there's a Master's Touch decoration somewhere (could be a charm too as there's already one giving Razor Sharp), if it happens then I wouldn't care about Transmog anymore because I would be able to wear my favourite sets without feeling that much underpowered.

User Info: winforlose

winforlose
1 week ago#59
I think the problem is that people are not considering the bigger picture. There is more to armor than crit skills and attack boost. Wide range is an excellent example. If you run a wide range set you can keep your party alive and aliment free while doing plenty of damage. Also people fail to appreciate situational defensive skills like poison or paralysis resist. I run multiple sets of armor with a focus on the monsters I will hunt. Lastly there are skills like evasion window, recovery up, etc... that make the gameplay more varied. In the end people need to stop focusing on the best skills and embrace the skills they have. Also for veterans of other MH please remember they saved you the trouble of gemming in skills and worrying about getting 10 points to activate level 1. This system is more user friendly, if you want a skill get creative and find a way to get it.
Evil is the man who asks for mercy but shows none.

User Info: Darkinsanity1

Darkinsanity1
1 week ago#60
winforlose posted...
I think the problem is that people are not considering the bigger picture. There is more to armor than crit skills and attack boost. Wide range is an excellent example. If you run a wide range set you can keep your party alive and aliment free while doing plenty of damage. Also people fail to appreciate situational defensive skills like poison or paralysis resist. I run multiple sets of armor with a focus on the monsters I will hunt. Lastly there are skills like evasion window, recovery up, etc... that make the gameplay more varied. In the end people need to stop focusing on the best skills and embrace the skills they have. Also for veterans of other MH please remember they saved you the trouble of gemming in skills and worrying about getting 10 points to activate level 1. This system is more user friendly, if you want a skill get creative and find a way to get it.

No thanks. We like damage skills for a reason. Remember different people like different playstyles but there are a number of us who enjoy putting together sets that can maximize damage.
Every time you read this, squirrels randomly burst into flames. Think of the squirrels.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darkinsanity-1468/hero/1924799
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.
  • Topic Archived