• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.

User Info: Man_the_kraut

Man_the_kraut
1 week ago#41
I didn't make a single MR wep or armor till after the final boss of the story lol.

I used
King gold exploder+ x3 health augment
Empress b
Bagel b
Kush y
Damascus b
Empress a

Felt slightly underpowered dealing 90-100 a charged shell plus 54 on WSB, but got it done, fights didn't seem to drag too much for me at least , most sub 20.

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
1 week ago#42
Halectic posted...
Use MR weapons and HP bloat is not a issue, in fact you can make a set better then drachen with charms now giving +4 stats, and rank 10 decorations giving +3 skills

Weapons are upgrades, armor isn't, endgame and rare decos do nothing to early sets being inferior to endgame HR sets.

I don't like how well crit synergizes in general, crit boost is a 15% dps increase, master's touch is a dps increase from not having to sharpen nearly as much, same for crit element, then every other slot is sacrificed for 100% crit. Crit should be a standalone boost, not something that ties into several other best dps skills that results in crit only builds and every other skill being garbage.

User Info: jesseCheech

jesseCheech
1 week ago#43
DukeLukewarm posted...
jesseCheech posted...
I really never saw the reason for the MHW community to drool over min-maxing damage as much as it has. The newer generation of player just needs near perfect stats I guess lol.

Number crunching and optimization has been part of the MH community for 15 years.

Yeah, but not as bad as it's been since world.
The newer playerbase seems to only care for the highest damage possible.
I haven't hopped into an S.O.S. in the past few months without seeing someone in drachen.
It's really boring.
PSN: F1R3PHO3N1X
Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
1 week ago#44
jesseCheech posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
jesseCheech posted...
I really never saw the reason for the MHW community to drool over min-maxing damage as much as it has. The newer generation of player just needs near perfect stats I guess lol.

Number crunching and optimization has been part of the MH community for 15 years.

Yeah, but not as bad as it's been since world.
The newer playerbase seems to only care for the highest damage possible.
I haven't hopped into an S.O.S. in the past few months without seeing someone in drachen.
It's really boring.

Why are people so triggered by other players using optimal sets?
It's not their responsibility to entertain you with varied sets. They're there to kill the monster.

Blame the developers for handling equipment so poorly, not the players for adapting.

jesseCheech
1 week ago#45
DukeLukewarm posted...
It's not their responsibility to entertain you with varied sets. They're there to kill the monster.

It's boring.

DukeLukewarm
1 week ago#46
jesseCheech posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...

It's boring.

Not their problem. If you need to play with people using suboptimal sets so badly, then find some like-minded people. Don't b**** and moan at others to conform to your expectations.

jesseCheech
1 week ago#47
DukeLukewarm posted...
jesseCheech posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...

It's boring.

Not their problem. If you need to play with people using suboptimal sets so badly, then find some like-minded people. Don't b**** and moan at others to conform to your expectations.

I mean, it's also an indication of a bad hunter.
Most of the time a person running a cookie cutter optimal build can't think for themselves. People who can't think for themselves tend to suck at the game because, you know, they can't think.
They prioitize optimal builds because it's the only way to supplement how much they suck at the game.
Most of the time when I see someone running around with the "meta" builds or whatever I instantly know the team might be getting carts, and sure enough, it's always at least two and ALWAYS the "meta" man.

DukeLukewarm
1 week ago#48
jesseCheech posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
jesseCheech posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...

It's boring.

Most of the time a person running a cookie cutter optimal build can't think for themselves. People who can't think for themselves tend to suck at the game because, you know, they can't think.
They prioitize optimal builds because it's the only way to supplement how much they suck at the game.
Most of the time when I see someone running around with the "meta" builds or whatever I instantly know the team might be getting carts, and sure enough, it's always at least two and ALWAYS the "meta" man.

https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX

This is you

User Info: Noisette

Noisette
1 week ago#49
jesseCheech posted...
How does someone playing using the best possible equipment used by pros to quickly do speed runs = a bad hunter? By your logic people running around naked with LR weapons in MR must always be gods because they're using the exact opposite of the meta.

jesseCheech
1 week ago#50
DukeLukewarm posted...
This is you

lol why are you taking it so personally?
I'm not making any of this up. "Optimal" builds are cookie cutter builds, and sure there are really good players who benefit from them, but a GIANT chunk of the rest are bad at the game. Extremely bad at playing the game because they follow a build guide online and then hop on expecting to whoop ass when they don't even know how to use what they're using.
Doesn't work in MonHun.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.
  • Topic Archived