• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
1 week ago#31
SlajifrasH045 posted...
Tbh its all trash , clockwork pants are the only usable piece I've found other than that I'm using high rank gear still

oh so you are one of those guys that join quest with hr sets an get 1-2 shotted all the time

User Info: mikssimi

mikssimi
1 week ago#32
Just unlocked yian garuga so hoping theres something else useful coming up

I'm able to make the following IG set:
Handicraft 5
Earplugs 5
Speed sharpen 3
Protective polish
Crit eye 7
Weakness exploit 3

With leftover slots depending which A/B pieces I use. Also uses 0 weapon slots. Seems pretty reasonable to me

I strongly suspect that theres a way for me to get crit element in here as well but way too lazy to figure it out since I'm only using LBG right now anyway

People expecting something on par with drachen (that never should have existed) are being very unreasonable

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 week ago#33
It isn't that the armors don't look good, its about having to wear specific piece which do not match and makes your character look like a clown. Layered, or transmog, would alleviate that while still allowing people to wear the pieces they want for max output. I bet the people calling it whining are the same people who think not having old costumes from previous MK games in MK11 is a good thing.
I like the cut of your jib.

User Info: ALEXx7UP

ALEXx7UP
1 week ago#34
thetraveler posted...
It isn't that the armors don't look good, its about having to wear specific piece which do not match and makes your character look like a clown. Layered, or transmog, would alleviate that while still allowing people to wear the pieces they want for max output. I bet the people calling it whining are the same people who think not having old costumes from previous MK games in MK11 is a good thing.

Gen U's transmog was perfect.

Kill a monster, grind the gear, grind another monsters gear, and then apply one of the sets appearances on to the other.

Can you undo it? Yes. You lose the material used to transmog but you get both armor sets back. Worked with individual pieces too. Perfect system. The material for doing with were cheap too.

User Info: jesseCheech

jesseCheech
1 week ago#35
I really never saw the reason for the MHW community to drool over min-maxing damage as much as it has. The newer generation of player just needs near perfect stats I guess lol.
PSN: F1R3PHO3N1X
Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.

User Info: Halectic

Halectic
1 week ago#36
Bananamatic posted...
Icewitch posted...
We could go back to MHFU where most sets dont even give you any skills without additional decorations.

Worldbabies are spoiled af.

There is literally no reason to stop using Drachen unless it's getting you killed or you already have some seriously good lv4 decos, especially with the MR hp bloat
it's not being "spoiled", it's not wanting to downgrade your armor for arbitrary reasons and seeing all the new stuff already being useless

Use MR weapons and HP bloat is not a issue, in fact you can make a set better then drachen with charms now giving +4 stats, and rank 10 decorations giving +3 skills
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
1 week ago#37
DeanDandylion posted...
Caroniver posted...
they're not stacked to the brim with crit like Drachen, so they feel like it's a downgrade and "terrible design"

It's kind of funny that they don't realize that Drachen is what was "terrible design". Capcom really screwed the pooch with World's post-game and updates, and now we're seeing the consequences. Drachen was absolutely a mistake.

Oh, agreed. I almost wonder if at the point that was made, they thought they were done with World.

I'd laugh if they just removed it from the game.
^.^

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
1 week ago#38
jesseCheech posted...
I really never saw the reason for the MHW community to drool over min-maxing damage as much as it has. The newer generation of player just needs near perfect stats I guess lol.

Number crunching and optimization has been part of the MH community for 15 years.

User Info: Safiliwen

Safiliwen
1 week ago#39
Icewitch posted...
DeanDandylion posted...
Caroniver posted...
they're not stacked to the brim with crit like Drachen, so they feel like it's a downgrade and "terrible design"

It's kind of funny that they don't realize that Drachen is what was "terrible design". Capcom really screwed the pooch with World's post-game and updates, and now we're seeing the consequences. Drachen was absolutely a mistake.

Oh, agreed. I almost wonder if at the point that was made, they thought they were done with World.

I'd laugh if they just removed it from the game.

Drachen was basically a byproduct of ATs in general not being very good design, so to give the playerbase a leg up they gave us...an armour set that also wasn't good design.
Currently playing: Smash Ultimate, EO Nexus, God Eater 3, Lapis x Labyrinth. LoR: Coven of Dusk
Currently anticipating: MHW: Iceborne I'm bad at updating my sig

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
1 week ago#40
If people didn't use drachen they would use teo. Dranchen didn't ruin endgame, the ease of building 100% crit did. Masters touch is sought after because of crit building.

1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. All the armor is good honestly. Stop with all the complaining.
  • Topic Archived