• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why are so many of the weapon designs still such garbage?

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
4 weeks ago#51
Black_Fire posted...
I disagree, the poor excuse for the endgame mod system is just a bandage on the problem of them not making more unique weapon models. Even if you are right its a pretty stupid decision for something that was complained about in base world and thats why I doubt it was 100% intentional. They know people are complaining about this. Personally I just don't think they felt it was a priority for whatever reason. But neither of us works for capcom so we can speculate all we want its still a s***ty decision either way.

Pretty sure the developers at the very least said that it's easy to port weapon models, so that at least indicates that it's deliberate for returning monsters. It's also very unlikely that the developers were working under constraints when they made all but one of Odogaron's weapons unique and created several new Deviljho weapons, while making every one of Xeno'jiiva's weapons generic and doing bizarre things like making all of Uragaan's weapons generic except the Bow, and making all of Lavasioth's weapons generic period. That just seems blatantly deliberate to me. But it's true that it's just speculation. Certainly not speculation based on nothing though. I mean MH1 has more GS designs than World did, I think that's true even with Iceborne, haven't counted all the designs yet. That's the first game with a far smaller budget, development cycle, and overall team, even if it had half the weapon types that's crazy.

User Info: Black_Fire

Black_Fire
4 weeks ago#52
LonelyGaruga posted...
Black_Fire posted...
I disagree, the poor excuse for the endgame mod system is just a bandage on the problem of them not making more unique weapon models. Even if you are right its a pretty stupid decision for something that was complained about in base world and thats why I doubt it was 100% intentional. They know people are complaining about this. Personally I just don't think they felt it was a priority for whatever reason. But neither of us works for capcom so we can speculate all we want its still a s***ty decision either way.

Pretty sure the developers at the very least said that it's easy to port weapon models, so that at least indicates that it's deliberate for returning monsters. It's also very unlikely that the developers were working under constraints when they made all but one of Odogaron's weapons unique and created several new Deviljho weapons, while making every one of Xeno'jiiva's weapons generic and doing bizarre things like making all of Uragaan's weapons generic except the Bow, and making all of Lavasioth's weapons generic period. That just seems blatantly deliberate to me. But it's true that it's just speculation. Certainly not speculation based on nothing though. I mean MH1 has more GS designs than World did, I think that's true even with Iceborne, haven't counted all the designs yet. That's the first game with a far smaller budget, development cycle, and overall team, even if it had half the weapon types that's crazy.

Its just bizarre to me that anyone on the team would think it was a good idea, especially when they “claimed” they can just port over older weapons, and I highly doubt its that simple. I really feel that they had limited time or resources allocated to a certain number of unique models and the rest had to be lumped into their new mod system. The fact that there isn't really any rhyme or reason to what weapons got final models and what ended up on a bone/iron path just makes me feel that way, it just feels random all around. I really would love to hear what the developers have to say about it cause im sure they know the fanbase isn't happy about it. I guess in the end PC mods will bring back most old designs but its a shame that the community will fix a bad design choice by capcom.
"Hatred is what drives me!" Judge Gabranth

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 weeks ago#53
I would like to know what the Japanese players thoughts on it is and if they're unhappy about it as well. I would assume so.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Versaile

Versaile
4 weeks ago#54
LonelyGaruga posted...
I don't recall them saying the weapons were easy to port. But I do remember some early interviews confirming that they could easily port over skeletons and animations, they just needed to do some editing because physics or something

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 weeks ago#55
Versaile posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...
I don't recall them saying the weapons were easy to port. But I do remember some early interviews confirming that they could easily port over skeletons and animations, they just needed to do some editing because physics or something

It was in the Game Informer info they mentioned both. They said they can easily bring older monsters across since they're already made but will only do so if they can reuse animations/skeletons and they said it's just as easy to bring across previous weapon designs because they already made them. Just have to update them graphically.

Meanwhile they skimped on the Barioth HH but gave the CB and IG which never existed before a unique design for that monster and they had to make those designs from scratch.

Personally I think it's either laziness or they really wanted to push the "customise" upgrades in the end game all along.

On a side note only three weapon types were skipped for Zinogre's unique designs. For some reason they just didn't do all of them but put the effort into the rest.
Gamertag: Nuke2099
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why are so many of the weapon designs still such garbage?
  • Topic Archived