• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunting horn gang rise up!
lypto posted...
Can anyone recommend a good MR starting HH? I'll start playing tomorrow morning and I am planning ahead.

Over on discord they're saying Bone's a good starter HH. Easy to upgrade, good stats, helpful songs for both offensive/mobility buffs and anti environment utility in the Hoarfrost Reach.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: lypto

lypto
1 week ago#32
mouchou11 posted...
Im roleplaying vespoid atm with a nice vespoid hunting horn and armor made in 15mins from killing a few vespoids in that event quest. I didn't even kill that first beo, cuz im trying to do this 20 gather item event until i get some dual maestro jewels... The real problem is that... im not allowed to kill anything until the peeps in my group finish work in like 4-5 hours :( so here i am, hunting vespoins and hornetaurs to make some nice armor sets.

I'm the one not letting my friends play, so I feel ya, adulting sucks for gamers.
3DS FC: 5386-7138-8332
CP: Borderlands 2 (PS4), Pokemon Sun, WWE 2k16
lypto posted...
Can anyone recommend a good MR starting HH? I'll start playing tomorrow morning and I am planning ahead.
Luna blaze is a great option for sharpness and affinity, especially with drachen.

Immediately, the first bone and iron weapons will outrank luna blaze though, so check them out. Bone will need some handicraft, metal will just have some lower raw, but better handicraft.

Watch out for kulu, tigrex, anjanath, fulgur anjanath, and acidic glavenus. Acidic glav and tigrex have good ending horns, and the other monsters lead into them.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
@silverbullet474 posted...
Over on discord they're saying Bone's a good starter HH. Easy to upgrade, good stats, helpful songs for both offensive/mobility buffs and anti environment utility in the Hoarfrost Reach.
Holy s*** I love the echo mobility buff. I’m sanik. And I phase through attacks!

I’m really going to like the tigrex horn.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.

lypto
1 week ago#35
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Luna blaze is a great option for sharpness and affinity, especially with drachen.

Immediately, the first bone and iron weapons will outrank luna blaze though, so check them out. Bone will need some handicraft, metal will just have some lower raw, but better handicraft.

Watch out for kulu, tigrex, anjanath, fulgur anjanath, and acidic glavenus. Acidic glav and tigrex have good ending horns, and the other monsters lead into them.
Awesome, I'll look into Bone, I do NOT want to fight Luna again

@silverbullet474 posted...
Holy s*** I love the echo mobility buff. I’m sanik. And I phase through attacks!

I’m really going to like the tigrex horn.

It's a really, reeeaally great song. Hoping Brute Tigrex has the same songs awaken sleep on Tigrex stats is all sorts of yes please. Free Element vs NEB efficiency was a concern for me with it and Acidic, but Artian gear apparently gives 2 piece Crit Status and good pieces for Free Element, Peak Performance, and Crit Eye so it probably won't be an issue. Status will FINALLY work for us.
(edited 1 week ago)

lypto
1 week ago#37
silverbullet474 posted...
It's a really, reeeaally great song. Hoping Brute Tigrex has the same songs awaken sleep on Tigrex stats is all sorts of yes please. Free Element vs NEB efficiency was a concern for me with it and Acidic, but Artian gear apparently gives 2 piece Crit Status and good pieces for Free Element, Peak Performance, and Crit Eye so it probably won't be an issue. Status will FINALLY work for us.

Man, I feel like a noob, havent played since behe came out and I did not understand half of this post
lypto posted...
Awesome, I'll look into Bone, I do NOT want to fight Luna again
I’m reaching 90% affinity with it with CE 7, WE 3, and AB 4. Stupid me, I forgot to slot in an elementless. But I can probably manage because also stupid, I have a flawless charm equipped, and it’s not as useful without a healing augment.

i r smert.

Anyway... you’ll be fine going in, just dig up a lot of bones. I don’t know if it’s faster to start from scratch or to get a rare bone from piles, I had a bone to upgrade, and it has different requirements than directly crafting the bone horn. Probably faster if you don’t have it to farm for the MR bones.
Holy...

well, that’s certainly neat. Paired with a 3-piece master’s touch set... that would be pretty sweet.
Holy...

well, that’s certainly neat. Paired with a 3-piece master’s touch set... that would be pretty sweet.

MR Teo looks kinda ehh again like how it was in base World (unless you can utilize the Blast Attack I guess) so Protective Polish might make a comeback. At least till a better set comes around that is.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunting horn gang rise up!
  • Post New Message