• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunting horn gang rise up!
nuke2099 posted...
@silverbullet474 What I'm using now I have it upgraded.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/nuke2099/screenshot/13013822

Also have a similar set but with Velkana's HH.

Stealing, till I can make a Teo mix work lol.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: Okamiaku

Okamiaku
1 week ago#132
silverbullet474 posted...
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Oh... well I’m MR47...

I guess I’ll Coop some with a bud I’ve been playing with, and grind out some guiding lands progress too.

Have you reached guiding lands yet? The final boss’s HH looks like it’d only be good in coop with an AuXL horn...

I probably ought to dig up some teo tracks too, MT might still work out. I’ve been running my odo artian set this whole time, and would like a way to reach and maintain purple on my eventually fully upgraded sulferteinn svilde.

Not yet, playing slow cuz of work.

Final Boss HH doesn't really need a teammate, it has AuL+DuL so it's alright there. What it's looking like to me is that it's meant for melting through dragon weak monsters. Element that high isn't anything to laugh at, and it benefits Dragon Waves damage too (so does raw, and it also has decent numbers there). That song can actually hit pretty darn hard on the right target, it's just not as general purpose as Impact Waves.

MT definitely still works btw, they've finally thrown together a decent early endgame version of it over on discord:

https://m.imgur.com/a/lmAJTsU

The wasted Blast Attack points are mildly annoying (they'd work well for the Empress or Bazel Horns though), but the rest is all solid. As soon as I reach the other Elders I'm gonna work out a Free Element version of this, NEB Acidic is looking like the current meta raw HH but I still feel like not utilizing that para is a bit of a waste.

725 Defense....ewww
" With Passioned Breath the Darkness Creeps, It is the Whisperer in the Night to Spy upon your Sleep "

User Info: clo24

clo24
1 week ago#133
The max might isnt so bad, lvl 4 might be worth it.

I might still try to add it in my build at some point.
Okamiaku posted...
725 Defense....ewww

It's the HR helm, it has more slots to use at least until good lvl4 decos start dropping and we can use the slots better. In the meantime, it'd sure be nice if our weapons had a way to boost defense...😉

clo24 posted...
The max might isnt so bad, lvl 4 might be worth it.

I might still try to add it in my build at some point.

Idk, MM4 is a bit too on and off with 40% of your affinity for my liking. Only a few Horns are gonna be using the, there's Glav bonus anyway, just both Tigrexes and Bazel (Vero isn't worth it anymore, too skill intensive for damage other Horns can get the same or better raw).

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
1 week ago#135
https://m.imgur.com/a/lmAJTsU

Some notes on the decos:
The Tenderizer in the Chest should move to the level 2 slot. Then the Horn Maestro could be the Level 4 Jewel with two points in Horn Maestro. (if they have it)

Swap the NEB in the arms with the Attack Boost, and then they can use a Level 4 Deco with one point in Attack (or 2, if they're lucky enough to have it). Otherwise, it's a utility skill, which is still helpful. Evade Window's a good one.

The Crit Jewel in the Level 4 slot in the legs could be moved to the Level 2 slot in the waist. Then we have another Level 4 where we can get a utility skill in. And there's another Attack Jewel in a 4 slot in the waist already!

My overall point is that Iceborne meta has a lot of room for improvement when good Level 4 decos start to surface. I can't wait to see what it looks like.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
The elevation increases as the bullet is fired

User Info: Okamiaku

Okamiaku
1 week ago#136
plasma_kirby123 posted...
Anyone who gotten far into the post-game knows what's Brute Tigrex HH stats are? Can't seem to find them anywhere for some reason.

Working on it, Rank 3 Vale and MR 46 currently. Vales more difficult to hunt in due to needing Effluvial Resistance+Expert. Im going to switch to the Nightshade Paolumu HH today to see if its easier with the Negate Status song and put more offensive decos in those slots.

EDIT: When I have him unlocked ill start hosting games for my HH family.

I'm a bit more interested in the possibility of an elemental/status meta though...

The Namielle and Zinogre Horns definitely make me curious too.
" With Passioned Breath the Darkness Creeps, It is the Whisperer in the Night to Spy upon your Sleep "
(edited 1 week ago)
On the subject of Tigrex with his HHs, anyone have a set for either that or Bone? Been having no luck finding a decent set for either of those.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 week ago#138
On the subject of Tigrex with his HHs, anyone have a set for either that or Bone? Been having no luck finding a decent set for either of those.

I was basically using the Artian/Odo mix that Button first mentioned however I couldn't make it work as well like I could for the iron HH or Acid Glav's one.
Gamertag: Nuke2099
Okamiaku posted...
The Namielle and Zinogre Horns definitely make me curious too.

They might have some sort of niche but I don't it'll be enough to match or top pure raw. If there's gonna be any chalk, our options are gonna be Glavenus, Coral Pukei, Velkhana, Shara, and Fulgur Anja for element. We just don't know if they can compete yet. Status will probably be Luna Styx and Blaze/Bazel, Acidic, Garuga, and maybe Brute Tigrex (needs a looot of skill investment, which is what's killing Vero so idk).

I've been using Fulgur/Los/Bone/Acidic/Glav/Master's charm for Bone and Fulgur/Drachen/Glav/Glav/Glav/Exploiter charm for Tigrex.

User Info: clo24

clo24
1 week ago#140
nuke2099 posted...

I was basically using the Artian/Odo mix that Button first mentioned however I couldn't make it work as well like I could for the iron HH or Acid Glav's one.

I am using something similar for free element but I wanted higher defense.

Dober/death/damascus/odo/odo
+ handicraft charm
I have crit 7,handicraft 5, weakness 3, free 3, horn 2, might max1, and some other skills I cant remember of the top of my head.

I try screenshot it when I get home later.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunting horn gang rise up!
  • Post New Message