• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunting horn gang rise up!
plasma_kirby123 posted...
Anyone who gotten far into the post-game knows what's Brute Tigrex HH stats are? Can't seem to find them anywhere for some reason.

I don't think we've seen it yet, or any of the other weapons for that matter. I only just saw Garuga and Blaze yesterday, we're still missing Styx, Ruin, Ruiner Nerg, and Brute Tigrex.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
silverbullet474 posted...
I don't think we've seen it yet, or any of the other weapons for that matter. I only just saw Garuga and Blaze yesterday, we're still missing Styx, Ruin, Ruiner Nerg, and Brute Tigrex.
I’m in endgame, but between activities and work I’ll get more progress finding stuff from Wednesday on.

I can fight zinogre, so I’ve focused on the wrong area.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
Button_Masher_Z posted...
I’m in endgame, but between activities and work I’ll get more progress finding stuff from Wednesday on.

I can fight zinogre, so I’ve focused on the wrong area.

Apparently, he's walled behind MR69 in Rotten Vale lvl6.
Oh... well I’m MR47...

I guess I’ll Coop some with a bud I’ve been playing with, and grind out some guiding lands progress too.

Have you reached guiding lands yet? The final boss’s HH looks like it’d only be good in coop with an AuXL horn...

I probably ought to dig up some teo tracks too, MT might still work out. I’ve been running my odo artian set this whole time, and would like a way to reach and maintain purple on my eventually fully upgraded sulferteinn svilde.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
(edited 1 week ago)
Oh... well I’m MR47...

I guess I’ll Coop some with a bud I’ve been playing with, and grind out some guiding lands progress too.

Have you reached guiding lands yet? The final boss’s HH looks like it’d only be good in coop with an AuXL horn...

I probably ought to dig up some teo tracks too, MT might still work out. I’ve been running my odo artian set this whole time, and would like a way to reach and maintain purple on my eventually fully upgraded sulferteinn svilde.

Not yet, playing slow cuz of work.

Final Boss HH doesn't really need a teammate, it has AuL+DuL so it's alright there. What it's looking like to me is that it's meant for melting through dragon weak monsters. Element that high isn't anything to laugh at, and it benefits Dragon Waves damage too (so does raw, and it also has decent numbers there). That song can actually hit pretty darn hard on the right target, it's just not as general purpose as Impact Waves.

MT definitely still works btw, they've finally thrown together a decent early endgame version of it over on discord:

https://m.imgur.com/a/lmAJTsU

The wasted Blast Attack points are mildly annoying (they'd work well for the Empress or Bazel Horns though), but the rest is all solid. As soon as I reach the other Elders I'm gonna work out a Free Element version of this, NEB Acidic is looking like the current meta raw HH but I still feel like not utilizing that para is a bit of a waste.
(edited 1 week ago)
Not yet, playing slow cuz of work.

Final Boss HH doesn't really need a teammate, it has AuL+DuL so it's alright there. What it's looking like to me is that it's meant for melting through dragon weak monsters. Element that high isn't anything to laugh at, and it benefits Dragon Waves damage too (so does raw, and it also has decent numbers there). That song can actually hit pretty darn hard on the right target, it's just not as general purpose as Impact Waves.

MT definitely still works btw, they've finally thrown together a decent early endgame version of it over on discord:

https://m.imgur.com/a/lmAJTsU

The wasted Blast Attack points are mildly annoying (they'd work well for the Empress or Bazel Horns though), but the rest is all solid. As soon as I reach the other Elders I'm gonna work out a Free Element version of this, NEB Acidic is looking like the current meta raw HH but I still feel like not utilizing that para is a bit of a waste.

Something I've been thinking of with the Raw meta is, for Acid Glav HH to have 10 more True Raw over Bone(Pre Customization anyway) and Tigrex, and getting an 7% Higher sharpness modifier with S+5, it does have the tradeoff of being significantly more demanding to build and play around due to the 10 hits of purple, while Bone just needs handicraft to get a big chunk of white, or Tigrex needing 10% more Affinity after augments, allowing it to likely fit stuff in like Agitator or Peak Performance in place of having to cram MT or Protect Polish to be able to bridge the gap.
plasma_kirby123 posted...
Something I've been thinking of with the Raw meta is, for Acid Glav HH to have 10 more True Raw over Bone(Pre Customization anyway) and Tigrex, and getting an 7% Higher sharpness modifier with S+5, it does have the tradeoff of being significantly more demanding to build and play around due to the 10 hits of purple, while Bone just needs handicraft to get a big chunk of white, or Tigrex needing 10% more Affinity after augments, allowing it to likely fit stuff in like Agitator or Peak Performance in place of having to cram MT or Protect Polish to be able to bridge the gap.

There's likely gonna be a place for everything in the raw meta depending on sets, the stats are varied in such a way that you'll be able to get more or less similar results. I like that we're being forced/given options to think outside of the MT box now, it really opens things up as far as options go. Even if MT is still a thing, some weapons either can't use it period or can still do well without it.

I'm a bit more interested in the possibility of an elemental/status meta though...
(edited 1 week ago)
Weird, I swear it didn’t have AuXL...

I’ve already seen dragon waves being good before even stacking on dragon element. That actually sounds really good for dragon weak monsters. I saw some 150’s with impact on blackveil’s head, and 200+’s after part break. Using superpound to stock them may be great too.

Guess I’m making it.

Thanks for the set too, I’ll see about getting the pieces for it. I’ll bet it applies high elderseal too... as useful as that is :/ Maybe it’ll flinch more.

I can understand work getting in the way. I swear, if I could binge it, I’d have a ton done right now. I already binged it over the weekend. But breaking up sessions lets me keep the excitement over it going too.

I dunno about you, but I think I like the idea of guiding lands.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 week ago#129
@silverbullet474 What I'm using now I have it upgraded.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/nuke2099/screenshot/13013822

Also have a similar set but with Velkana's HH.
Gamertag: Nuke2099
Weird, I swear it didn’t have AuXL...

I’ve already seen dragon waves being good before even stacking on dragon element. That actually sounds really good for dragon weak monsters. I saw some 150’s with impact on blackveil’s head, and 200+’s after part break. Using superpound to stock them may be great too.

Guess I’m making it.

Thanks for the set too, I’ll see about getting the pieces for it. I’ll bet it applies high elderseal too... as useful as that is :/ Maybe it’ll flinch more.

I can understand work getting in the way. I swear, if I could binge it, I’d have a ton done right now. I already binged it over the weekend. But breaking up sessions lets me keep the excitement over it going too.

I dunno about you, but I think I like the idea of guiding lands.

Yeah, it has Styx notes with the attack/defense combo song. Haven't gotten it yet, but pumping 510 dragon into the song has to make it hurt if Acidic can hit 200+ with no element at all. It'll be niche, but it'll probably do VERY well in that niche.

I'm glad a workable MT set exists though, Acidic reeeeaaally needs it. All we need is an Artian/Teo mix for it and possibly Brute Tigrex (if it doesn't get hit too hard with the negative affinity stick).

The Guiding Lands is a neat endgame idea. It sounds like for once, we won't just be hunting a tiny handful of monsters for the most important things.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunting horn gang rise up!
  • Post New Message