• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunting horn gang rise up!

User Info: Okamiaku

Okamiaku
1 week ago#101
Caroniver posted...
Is there any better note set than Purple, Red, Dark Blue? Because Attack up L AND Defense up L AND Echo Waves AND Stamina Boost seems like a ridiculous song combo.

Most Horners ive ran into rock this set. Most hunts I join randoms with i use this setup unless the monster has a unique status or gimmick then I use negate ailments or negate blights horns.

I like to combine The AuXL and DuXL with wide range on hunts and force feed everyone Demon drugs, Might seeds, and demon powders(and their defense equivilents).
I particularly like popping a might pill on the party and the affinity booster on a down/trapped monster.
" With Passioned Breath the Darkness Creeps, It is the Whisperer in the Night to Spy upon your Sleep "

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 week ago#102
@silverbullet474

1092 damage, 0% affinity, 360 para when awakened, two level 1 slots. With Handicraft 5 you could reach purple.
Gamertag: Nuke2099
nuke2099 posted...
@silverbullet474

1092 damage, 0% affinity, 360 para when awakened, two level 1 slots. With Handicraft 5 you could reach purple.

Hmm...raw is a little low, but that doesn't sound super bad with Iceborne's better access to Handicraft and Free Element.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: clo24

clo24
1 week ago#104
Is there any speed/optimal hunts out yet? Not from the beta.

https://youtu.be/zvYAJl1nYh4

Also, with the + mantles, I can see some really good damage builds. Just unlocked evade mantle + last night and put on to critical gems for that extra 10% in crit damage along with the attack buff from evading......I cant wait to test this out
(edited 1 week ago)
How much purple does Tigrex HH gets from Handicraft? Been looking for it but only can get base sharpness where it's a bunch of white.
plasma_kirby123 posted...
How much purple does Tigrex HH gets from Handicraft? Been looking for it but only can get base sharpness where it's a bunch of white.

None, just gets loads and loads of white.

nuke2099
1 week ago#107
silverbullet474 posted...
nuke2099 posted...
@silverbullet474

Hmm...raw is a little low, but that doesn't sound super bad with Iceborne's better access to Handicraft and Free Element.

Is there a good setup for handicraft and free element yet? I'm just using that Artian/Odo mix so far.
nuke2099 posted...
nuke2099 posted...
@silverbullet474

Is there a good setup for handicraft and free element yet? I'm just using that Artian/Odo mix so far.

I threw together Fulgur/Artian/Artian/Acidic/Glavenus/Master's Charm. Works ok, there's just no room for Crit Boost so I need to switch up some things (using Acidic HH so I need P. Polish).

nuke2099
1 week ago#109
nuke2099 posted...
nuke2099 posted...
@silverbullet474

I threw together Fulgur/Artian/Artian/Acidic/Glavenus/Master's Charm. Works ok, there's just no room for Crit Boost so I need to switch up some things (using Acidic HH so I need P. Polish).

I guess I could skip Crit Boost if I wanted too and fit in two Handicraft but I'm not sure if that would be enough.

I just beat Namielle but damn was that ugly for me using the horn. I like it's fight but it was alien to me. Took me 35 mins and two deaths. The main attack that kept catching me out was it's sweeping beams. It always seemed to shoot them where I was about to go and track me with them.

Dunno if anyone has any position advice for the future that would help other than stay at the side and deal with s*** hitzones.
(edited 1 week ago)
nuke2099 posted...
I guess I could skip Crit Boost if I wanted too and fit in two Handicraft but I'm not sure if that would be enough.

I just beat Namielle but damn was that ugly for me using the horn. I like it's fight but it was alien to me. Took me 35 mins and two deaths. The main attack that kept catching me out was it's sweeping beams. It always seemed to shoot them where I was about to go and track me with them.

Dunno if anyone has any position advice for the future that would help other than stay at the side and deal with s*** hitzones.
We could be twins... namielle drove me to near 37 minutes. That attack is insane, and my best means of avoiding it was to be close and get under its head.

Which... is scary if you think it’ll start f***ing with its water slime.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Hunting horn gang rise up!
  • Post New Message