• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Can anyone confirm the must haves for each weapon class from Kulve please?

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
4 weeks ago#11
For SA, either one of the "Paralysis" axes is great.

I've also seen a few speedruns here and there using Kjarr King, including CantaPerMe doing a great Xeno Jiiva run with it, so I guess it must have some value, despite the Elemental Phial. Haven't look deep into it, but if people are using it, there must be *some* merit.

EDIT - Oh yeah Taroth Axe "Water" has a niche use against Teostra, so it's good I guess.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: drag10

drag10
4 weeks ago#12
Deaga posted...
For SA, either one of the "Paralysis" axes is great.

I've also seen a few speedruns here and there using Kjarr King, including CantaPerMe doing a great Xeno Jiiva run with it, so I guess it must have some value, despite the Elemental Phial. Haven't look deep into it, but if people are using it, there must be *some* merit.

EDIT - Oh yeah Taroth Axe "Water" has a niche use against Teostra, so it's good I guess.

I personally prefer the Kjarr between the two Paralysis SAs. Not being restricted to Free Element means a little more skill flexibility while still getting a decent number of paralysis procs despite the lower paralysis value.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
4 weeks ago#13
Kjarr Para is slightly stronger and a lot more flexible as you noted, but if OP only gets Taroth Para it'll still work fine. Kind of a poverty option, except the difference is really, really small. I generally mention this because I never got Kjarr Para. :(
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
4 weeks ago#14
Gunlance:

R6's Wide and Long 4

R7s Wide 4. The Long 4 one is a good alternative if you get unlucky getting the R6.

R8: Wide: all of them, Kjarr Water

Long: All three are decent on their target element. but I don't consider them must have

Normal: None since M rank jaggras is going to be shelling 5, so in two weeks all will be obsolete as soon you step on G rank. Also Royal Burst is as good as the Kulve one.

Melee: Like normal, Jho's is near as strong as Poison and the MR Jagras is superior to both.

I seriously wouldn't waste a second farming kulve since 90% weapons will be obsolete the moment you kill the first MR monster.

I'm more focusing in accumulating decorations that will be used to meld level 4 ones.
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.

User Info: ilikefords

ilikefords
4 weeks ago#15
None, because Iceborne is close and farming KT isn't fun.
R6 Rider //// Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
"Bloodbourne....Its a Dynasty Warriors ripp off trying to hard." - Spacefrisian

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
4 weeks ago#16
moseph187 posted...
silverbullet474 posted...
HH: offended at not being listed, and also just Taroth Pipe Sleep.

😔

Literally the only horn I'm missing too.
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018

User Info: ineedsearch

ineedsearch
4 weeks ago#17
You're gonna get a weapon with a true 40 raw increase like one hour into MR, what's the point?

User Info: Antfunk

Antfunk
4 weeks ago#18
ineedsearch posted...
You're gonna get a weapon with a true 40 raw increase like one hour into MR, what's the point?

2 reasons really. One, I took a break after getting glutton several months ago and I am doing some content I never got round to doing and having fun.

Secondly the devs have officially stated there is going to be a use for All the Kulve weapons in Iceborne. I would guess at a master rank KT.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Can anyone confirm the must haves for each weapon class from Kulve please?
  • Topic Archived