• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Your weapon is not nerfed, elements are buffed so they have to be adjusted.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
3 weeks ago#41
Azyle1 posted...
Bow is OP.

Not more than HBG though, and they are buffing it.
Games of the generation: Dark Souls 3, Zelda BotW, Monster Hunter World, The Witcher 3, Ori and the Blind Forest, Batman AK and Mario Kart 8.

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
3 weeks ago#42
Brownstone posted...
Azyle1 posted...
Bow is OP.

Except... clusters are nerfed. So you say Spread is OP, right?

Well, Glutton isn't MR yet so how do we know the spread MR guns will be worth a damn?
Xbox One GT - Azy1e, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
3 weeks ago#43
Brownstone posted...
Azyle1 posted...
Bow is OP.

HBG before the Kulve guns was pretty terrible outside of clusters.

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
3 weeks ago#44
Azyle1 posted...
Brownstone posted...
Azyle1 posted...
Bow is OP.

Well, Glutton isn't MR yet so how do we know the spread MR guns will be worth a damn?

Educated guesses, based on:
-Dev's saying to hold onto our kulve weapons because they're "still useful for something"

-default shot types all got a buff

-glutton will still be good for low MR, unless they REALLY krank it to 11.

-there may be something that makes glutton look like a joke in the future. A giga-glutton.

-continuing from the last point, MR kulve?
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
3 weeks ago#45
Akubarix posted...
Azyle1 posted...
Brownstone posted...
Azyle1 posted...
Bow is OP.

Educated guesses, based on:
-Dev's saying to hold onto our kulve weapons because they're "still useful for something"

-default shot types all got a buff

-glutton will still be good for low MR, unless they REALLY krank it to 11.

-there may be something that makes glutton look like a joke in the future. A giga-glutton.

-continuing from the last point, MR kulve?

Again, we don't know that. You could very well be right. Could be wrong. Also regardless, MR Kulve probably is gonna be a bit even if it is a thing.
Xbox One GT - Azy1e, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 weeks ago#46
Yeah, now I’ve only seen one person lament the cluster nerf. I think even people who used it recognized it was a s*** way to play the game...

Let’s at least hope that those who would bear that boringness for rapid farming find the hunts actually fun, and the farm reasonable. If you used it for general gameplay... I dunno what to tell you. Bad gameplay is bad...
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: The Deadpool

The Deadpool
3 weeks ago#47
silverbullet474 posted...
@The_Deadpool posted...
They did state it in plain and obvious language during the dev stream they used to announce the changes...

What else should they do to make things clearer?

Oh, I know they mentioned it, that's why I said a bit MORE clear. As in, for the people that don't already have a decent understanding of how these things work and/or those that see red as soon as nerfs come into the picture. Clearly, 2 and 2 aren't being put together fast enough for some to stop the anti nerf ranting.
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.

User Info: Scryed

Scryed
3 weeks ago#48
My only thing is, will GS finally be able to go elemental?

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
3 weeks ago#49
The Deadpool posted...
@The_Deadpool posted...
They did state it in plain and obvious language during the dev stream they used to announce the changes...

What else should they do to make things clearer?

Oh, I know they mentioned it, that's why I said a bit MORE clear. As in, for the people that don't already have a decent understanding of how these things work and/or those that see red as soon as nerfs come into the picture. Clearly, 2 and 2 aren't being put together fast enough for some to stop the anti nerf ranting.

Hell if I know, as I said I understood the reasoning fully well. Others haven't been for whatever reason. Maybe a more spelled out thought process might've made it through all the "nerfs??? REEEE!!!"-ing? A mention of the elemental buffs being the reason for nerfing, a reassurance that their favorite weapons will still be strong with everything considered, etc. I mean, I don't care either way tbh, but a lot of whining and overreacting could've been saved by maybe an extra sentence or 2.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: Ravenxeo

Ravenxeo
3 weeks ago#50
Wouldn't the Beta have been running on the new calculations anyway?
did no one notice or was it the old values..?
I love the way you type to me baby~
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Your weapon is not nerfed, elements are buffed so they have to be adjusted.
  • Topic Archived