• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Kulve Taroth Tips and Etiquette

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
4 weeks ago#31
Shinagawakun posted...
Why no "DON'T ATTACK WHEN SOMEONE PUTS HER TO SLEEP IN AREA 4" line lol

I've not played with the sessions here because it's only ever active when it's like 3-4am here, but I'm incredibly tired of some random idiot (usually a LS or IG player from my experience who do the helm splitter or throw a kinsect to extract) waking her up right after I put her to sleep. Even after I flash a "I'M PUTTING HER TO SLEEP" message.

I usually send out that message right before I put KT to sleep. Sometimes people listen, sometimes they don't.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Rai_Jin

Rai_Jin
4 weeks ago#32
What would be a good set with lance or hammer against it?

In area 3, you should break 5 parts there, or not more than 5 or what? What if all parts were broken already?

Does dealing damage matter from the start? I think it tied to the horns or something?

User Info: paulodybi

paulodybi
4 weeks ago#33
Rai_Jin posted...
What would be a good set with lance or hammer against it?

In area 3, you should break 5 parts there, or not more than 5 or what? What if all parts were broken already?

Does dealing damage matter from the start? I think it tied to the horns or something?
Breaking parts should be done before area 3. If you break 15 or so (it counts as repeat) she'll skip 3rd area and goes straight to 4th saving a lot of time. Worse run should be breaking 1 to 3 parts in area 3 if you still have to break 5 or more means your team not doing good.
In area 1 your focus should be heating the armor by bombing the chest but I'm stingy with items lol so I don't do that often. Once molten then you break parts from fore legs, hind legs, tail, etc.

The mistake newcomers use to do is they keep attacking the horn from the start to finish

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
4 weeks ago#34
Shinagawakun posted...
Why no "DON'T ATTACK WHEN SOMEONE PUTS HER TO SLEEP IN AREA 4" line lol

I've not played with the sessions here because it's only ever active when it's like 3-4am here, but I'm incredibly tired of some random idiot (usually a LS or IG player from my experience who do the helm splitter or throw a kinsect to extract) waking her up right after I put her to sleep. Even after I flash a "I'M PUTTING HER TO SLEEP" message.
It doesn't happen here. But some of the new people did put bombs when she got knocked down. It's ok because most of them actually didn't know that it's bad for DPS.

Generally, it's not even that much of an issue since we're usually running pl5 or 6 after two runs, but when we're running either pl2 or 3 in cases where there isn't a lot of people in, it's detrimental not to do it.

In general though, not just about kulve, putting bombs where all the people gather to provide a massacre to the monster is a terrible idea. Same goes for clusters, wyvern ammo (unless you position yourself correctly), etc.

User Info: RottenCorpse

RottenCorpse
4 weeks ago#35
While we're on the topic of collecting tracks, Ghillie Mantle is great since the calappa won't run away from you with it on. They give 2 pursuit points but they tend to cluster in a bunch. As posted on this board before in an older topic.

Scattered gold chips contribute 10 points
Gold chip fragments (from Copper Calappa's haul) 2 points
Gold nugget 5 points (can be obtained by the Golden Gajalakas - not the normal ones so don't kill them)
Gold Scale 5 points
Tracks 10 points

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
4 weeks ago#36
Secret agent tech: Blow up @UndyingStick 's bombs when he places them
FC: SW-2004-1995-0228
DD:DA Pawn: Lia. Vocation Strider. Pawn ID: F75A-85A8-87F2. Currently around Lvl 50. Hiring appreciated.

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
4 weeks ago#37
Thought about such a thread too to write down a complete and detailed guide or even make a video how to handle her in every situation, but I thought that would be pretty nonsense at that point, because we don't know if we encounter her that way in Iceborne too, so I want to wait with that.
However, I could create it nevertheless if people want that. That would be much work, but I'm not against it if it actually helps ... but some people even refused to read a couple of lines already, so I don't know if my work would be waste of time anyway.

In my next post, I'll write down a more detailed guide how to handle her (detailed update of one of my earlier posts) and I hope people will listen this time.
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
4 weeks ago#38
TrueArchery posted...
Secret agent tech: Blow up @UndyingStick 's bombs when he places them
It's only acceptable if you're trying to look cool with a switch axe, though.

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
4 weeks ago#39
UndyingStick posted...
TrueArchery posted...
Secret agent tech: Blow up UndyingStick 's bombs when he places them
It's only acceptable if you look cool with a switch axe, though.

ftfy daddy
FC: SW-2004-1995-0228
DD:DA Pawn: Lia. Vocation Strider. Pawn ID: F75A-85A8-87F2. Currently around Lvl 50. Hiring appreciated.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#40
@RottenCorpse
Rather than try to grab all the Calappa, use the Capture Net to grab multiple ones clustered together around the gold that the Gajalaka dig up. One shot can grab them all and you don't have to slow down at all.

@Symphoenixa
One can only hope people listen. We are dealing with an influx of players who either abandoned World at some point, or those who have just gotten World and rushed through the story. And now they are in a rush to run Kulve to get what they can before Iceborne.

Honestly, if it gets much worse, I'd advocate kicking players off teams, if they refuse to take it seriously and continue to cart because they won't even try to learn from their mistakes.

Someone going in with 100HP, or 150HP, without Partbreaker, and carting multiple times? That might be acceptable in a newbie, if it happens once. After that, there is no excuse for them not to learn to change their build.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Kulve Taroth Tips and Etiquette
  • Topic Archived