• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Kulve Taroth Tips and Etiquette

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#1
Since so many returning players are jumping back on the bandwagon in preparation for Iceborne, and we are seeing a lot of unknowns in the Kulve sessions, figured we need some information output going on.

Etiquette
First some common politeness.

When multiple teams are running, wait until all teams return from the first run before initiating the second. Especially if the PL has jumped to 6. You may have forgotten, but if you break the horns while they are still in their first run (and with some of the teams going, it's entirely possible), then you just screwed them out of a horn break.

Second, your builds.

I've been seeing numerous players running Kulve without Partbreaker in the first run, and/or without Health Boost 3, in favor of running some of the "Meta" builds floating around online. Believe it or not, Crit Eye and Attack Boost are NOT superior to Partbreaker when it comes to Kulve.

She has so many parts to break. And the faster/more parts you break, the better your chances of hitting the x4 reward instead of the x2 version.

I will accept that Health Boost 3 isn't necessary for all hunters. Some are skilled enough with Kulve that you know how to dodge and get out of the way. However, it's equally true that some neglect HB3, and end up carting because of it. Multiple times.

There comes a point where you need to start rethinking your build, and adding Divine Blessing and Health Boost, if you don't have them. You are bringing the entire team down by running your Meta build (which is not necessary in the least bit, and has never in any session for her I have ever seen), so learn from your mistakes and swap your attack decorations for those that will keep you alive.

PL1 Guidelines
For the love of god, stop using the cannons in Area 1 to blast down barricades. You are not helping by doing this. You are just screwing up.

Blasting the barricades re-routes Kulve. Most do this to shorten her route to Area 2. This is NOT a good thing on PL1. All you are doing is leaving Kulve sitting down in Area 2, while your team is still gathering tracks and gold in Area 1.

Leave the barricades alone. There are only certain cases where it's acceptable to blast down a barricade in Area 1. That being the one right beside the Area 1 cannon (near the Y-fork), in order to blast her chest and soften her gold, on her initial walk towards the cannon. This aids in DPS, and so that is a good thing.

The only other time you should ever blast a barricade is on the second Horn Break run. Because in this case, you aren't gathering tracks or traces, and so you want her into Area 2 ASAP so you can go bust her parts even more.

PL1 Area 3
Specific mention has to be made about this. In PL1, stop going into Area 3 and continuing to bust parts. We know you mean well. But unless you have an expert like @Symphoenixa, @Ad-vice, or @xMizuru with you counting parts, don't risk it.

I have seen more people screw up doing this, and all you are doing is wasting your time. It isn't as bad an issue if it's a single team. But when you are 2-4 teams running, and the others are sitting in the Gathering Hall at PL6 waiting on YOU to return, because you mistakenly released her and added an extra 5-10 minutes onto your run time, it becomes a problem.

Instead of attacking her in Area 3, gather the tracks and traces that pop up fairly often there. Doing this will be far more worthwhlie than anything else you could be doing.

Area 4
Finally, to end on a light note, if you mount Kulve Taroth in Area 4, and this is perhaps the most important thing you could ever know about Kulve Taroth, please don't use her to kill your fellow hunters.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Gabe1

Gabe1
4 weeks ago#2
you forgot Para ,Sleep , bombs , elements for first 3 rooms and last room-- When to Use -- ,best mantles for last room ...etc
benefits of blast ...part-breaker, heavy artillery for cannons , bombardier for barrels
Wide range 5 for support in last room is nice , when you get a nice Mega demon juice boost or mega armor ...I love a good juice ...1 Dash juice... Shaken, Not stirred !

@SilverHawke27 elaborate on those points please , thanks

Rise up this mornin Smiled with the risin sun 3 little birds
Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true Sayin it is my message 2 you ou u

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#3
Honestly, you can sleep and para her in Area 2 on a PL1, to extend the time somewhat. Or if you aren't doing the DPS, grab tracks and traces while she's asleep so she can leave there.

Otherwise, don't paralyze or sleep her on the Horn Break until Area 4. Paralyze drops her down for melee users to hit the horns more easily. Same with sleep, plus the horn bombing. But you want these AFTER the tail break.

Partbreaker should be mandatory in your builds for Phase 1 on any Pursuit Level.
Remove Partbreaker on your second build, to switch to when she releases.

Heavy Artillery isn't that mandatory. Too many f*** up with the cannons as it is. If you don't have the experience, don't mess with them.

Bombardier is up to you on the barrels. I don't use it, personally. If you are only breaking out barrels on the horns at the end, it's probably not worth it to have. That's more for the Mad Bomber Brigade, who bomb all the time in the siege.

Demondrug is all you need. I only drink mine going into Area 2, on the Horn Break run.
Armorskin, same thing. Going to Area 2, horn break run.
They just aren't as necessary in the first run, I've found.

Wide Range 5 isn't that necessary. Sometimes people have it, but honestly it goes so fast with a good group, that it's a waste of skills for this.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
4 weeks ago#4
somebody order a bomb?

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
4 weeks ago#5
bakuretsu bakuretsu lalala
FC: SW-2004-1995-0228
DD:DA Pawn: Lia. Vocation Strider. Pawn ID: F75A-85A8-87F2. Currently around Lvl 50. Hiring appreciated.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 weeks ago#6
TrueArchery posted...
bakuretsu bakuretsu lalala
Nice explosion!
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: Gabe1

Gabe1
4 weeks ago#7
@SilverHawke27
ok so you re saying that i should drink all juices one after another going in the last room then break her tail , para ...let the heavy hitters close to the horns -without bombs-...then sleep, plant them bombs on the horns ...and get ready for the final mount Ride ?

asking for a friend whom will eat Feline Weather-cat , dung-master and will do exactly the opposite of this LMAO
Rise up this mornin Smiled with the risin sun 3 little birds
Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true Sayin it is my message 2 you ou u

User Info: scaler24

scaler24
4 weeks ago#8
@SilverHawke27

So I got an earful yesterday for doing enough damage to push her to Area 3 on PL1, but I have never before seen anyone saying that was a bad idea.

Can you elaborate on when you would want to push her to A3 and when would you just stop attacking so that she leaves in Area 2?
League of Legends: http://lan.op.gg/summoner/userName=Scaler
PSN: LightningLoops

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
4 weeks ago#9
scaler24 posted...
So I got an earful yesterday for doing enough damage to push her to Area 3 on PL1, but I have never before seen anyone saying that was a bad idea.

Can you elaborate on when you would want to push her to A3 and when would you just stop attacking so that she leaves in Area 2?

Ideally, you want to break her parts before letting her leave. If you end up pushing her to Area 3, just be careful not to do too much damage and push her to Area 4. So if you end up breaking all her parts by Area 2, you can just let KT leave.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
4 weeks ago#10
scaler24 posted...
@SilverHawke27

that was me, sorry about that! every group doing kulve in a session contributes to the overall pursuit level, and with so many people doing kulve like we did yesterday, we could have just gathered tracks and let her escape in A1, and we‘d still get PL3, which is enough to get the hornbreak. everything beyond that is wasting time
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PSA: Kulve Taroth Tips and Etiquette
  • Topic Archived